sharetrader
Page 504 of 687 FirstFirst ... 4404454494500501502503504505506507508514554604 ... LastLast
Results 5,031 to 5,040 of 6868
    <Insert User Title>

Quote Originally Posted by porkandpuha View Post
    "People and Culture Coordinator"

Is that the new woke trendy tech office term created by HR for HR?
    Yup, it is a new trendy way of naming HR.

Quote Originally Posted by Vish View Post
    Yup, it is a new trendy way of naming HR.
    ... and nothing wrong with the new name. "The term "Human Resources" puts humans on the same level as money, energy, materials. All just resources and often easily replaceable.

I like the term "people and culture" ... makes us sort of special, doesn't it?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

<Insert User Title>

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    ... and nothing wrong with the new name. "The term "Human Resources" puts humans on the same level as money, energy, materials. All just resources and often easily replaceable.

New names are great, but when their function still remains the same what's the point? I've worked of an organisation that has a Director of People and Culture, not a lot changed, seemed like they just attached themselves to the social club. But in saying that, I know that some organisations have pulled it off well and created a great work place for their staff thanks to People and Culture staff.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post

I suppose, if it's pulled off well within an organization. Kind of like the governments new Minister for delivery and implementation unit, only effective if the end result is "delivery" otherwise its just being wishy washy with words.

Back on topic, are we drawing the conclusion that Plexure are struggling to hire or that these are new growth hires?

Quote Originally Posted by porkandpuha View Post
    I suppose, if it's pulled off well within an organization. Kind of like the governments new Minister for delivery and implementation unit, only effective if the end result is "delivery" otherwise its just being wishy washy with words.

Back on topic, are we drawing the conclusion that Plexure are struggling to hire or that these are new growth hires?
    Feels like No. 1 (i.e. struggling to hire).

They are hiring already for a long time - and remember that they said some months ago that they saved money (i.e. lower burn rate) because they couldn't hire the people they need? Pretty sure the same is still true.

I worked in the Software Industry as well - and hiring good SW staff, IT people and testers used to be difficult even with the borders open. Roughly 2/3rds of our recruits came from overseas ... NZ Universities might be good in turning out Bachelors in Tourism and Masters in Maori language and while they turn out as well good quality technical graduates, but unfortunately it is ways less than the industry needs.

So - who would want to work with Plexure?

Graduates - as discussed not enough around (and PX1 are anyway looking for senior people).
    Overseas candidates - we don't allow them to get into the country.
    Local experienced people: Why would a capable and established Analyst, SW developer or IT staff leave whatever job they currently have in NZ and go to a company where the future is quite uncertain?
    Unemployed top notch technical staff: Yeah, right.

Tough hand, I'd say ... but hey - look at the bright side, they will continue to spend less money for staff ... small disadvantage that they won't be able to build whatever they want to.
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 06-05-2021 at 10:21 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

31 March 2021 Revenue expected to be $29.2m.
    if we could beat Plexures own revised revenue expectations that they re-announced 9th March.. that would be real nice for the share price.
    We will find out on Thursday. Looking forward to it/slight nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by Checkmate View Post
    31 March 2021 Revenue expected to be $29.2m.
    if we could beat Plexures own revised revenue expectations that they re-announced 9th March.. that would be real nice for the share price.
    We will find out on Thursday. Looking forward to it/slight nervous.
    I think it’ll be pretty close to that touted $29.2m ...wow, surpassing market guidance.

Even if it got to $30m doubt have much impact on share price .......market wants to hear about these game changing / transformational customers that have been promised.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I think it’ll be pretty close to that touted $29.2m ...wow, surpassing market guidance.

Even if it got to $30m doubt have much impact on share price .......market wants to hear about these game changing / transformational customers that have been promised.
    EXACTLY! The directors pumped this company up as the next shining light that is going to be the answer to all fast food prayers in Covid-19 times and beyond. The future!!! While I think the product is good the long lead time to deliver new customers and the lack of announcements doesn’t look good. It suggests that prospective customers have not signed up – either they went with another supplier or they are still sitting on the fence. Plexure need to close some of these deals. Seriously, with the raving reviews they had from customers they should easily be able to pick up other customers

Going to be a big brain drain to Australia they say

Plexure May as well raise another $20m and pack up and move to Australia.

Might be better sales people over there who can close huge deals
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Don’t they already have an office over there? They have an office in USA...