sharetrader
Page 4 of 687 FirstFirst 123456781454104504 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dellow View Post
    I still think they are worthy of taking a holding in, albeit smaller than other companies. The mobile advertising space has big promise and I am not convinced of any local company(ies) that will dominate in the space. So will gladly cover my odds with Snakk, Vmob, MBE ... all are very early on the journey. We obviously operate different barge poles. lol
    I had to chuckle at your barge pole reference. We do indeed, mine may be that much more sensitive to earnings and cashflow than yours. My suspicion (and I could be very wrong) is that we are seeing another Certified Organics type situation here, or to keep it gender appropirate another Plus SMS. A lot of potential, a lot of promise but ultimately no or little revenue to reward the shareholder.... (or if there is revenue... no bottom line for the shareholder) Again just my opinion and I am happy to be proven wrong here.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs up Casual Observations from a Bystander

The FY Accounts did not present the best light on This Mob with current assets exceeded by current liabilities. However they did raise nearly $1M3 in mid June which will keep them going for most of a year if they do not up the expense rate.

As for the value of the contract with Telkom as I have said on other threads, with regard to Indonesia it is a large market in terms of people (242M) but it is not, overall, an affluent society, so do not get your hopes too high.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

Disc: PT. Telkomunikasi Indonesia is the supplier of home phone and broadband to me.
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Looks like our constant 1.5 seller missed the sell button when the last block sold up in its entirety. They're back in at 1.7. She'll be back to 1.5 in no time.
    Interesting, nevertheless. I am not discounting any of the players in this space ... until one (or more) of these companies shows clear dominance.

.........WHY SHOULD SNAK BE VALUED AT 50% MORE BY THE MARKET THAN VMOB (market cap).......esp. given VMOB have just scored a big foot into the very large Indonesian Market?........is SNAK offering any upside like this at the moment??.....I'd be interested in hearing others thoughts. VMOB appears to have a bunch of high quality directors behind it carrying some sound credentials. Maybe Im missing something?
    Have a Gr8day.

Quote Originally Posted by GR8DAY View Post
    .........WHY SHOULD SNAK BE VALUED AT 50% MORE BY THE MARKET THAN VMOB (market cap).......esp. given VMOB have just scored a big foot into the very large Indonesian Market?........is SNAK offering any upside like this at the moment??.....I'd be interested in hearing others thoughts. VMOB appears to have a bunch of high quality directors behind it carrying some sound credentials. Maybe Im missing something?
    SNAKK has had much more public exposure plus the Branson effect attached to it. I'm not discounting any (or any valuations) but i think the possibly high valuation is a reflection of the potential 'blue sky' in this sector. All I am saying is I hedge my bets with a piece of a few of the players that seem to be making some progress. (I include VMOB and Snakk in this).
    But then maybe don't listen to me as I am still comfortable with holding Xero at current prices. 8-)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dellow View Post
    SNAKK has had much more public exposure plus the Branson effect attached to it.
    Is Branson even involved? Isn't he just a friend of the Chairman (and by Friend, I mean the Chairman paid him a lot of money to go to space)?
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    Is Branson even involved? Isn't he just a friend of the Chairman (and by Friend, I mean the Chairman paid him a lot of money to go to space)?
    No, he is not involved per se, but just having his name tagged to the launch was enough to send the SP intro Virgin Galactic orbit. imho.
    Regardless if he is involved or not, his name has links with Handley, via their Plan-B 'venture'
    Once again I see now reason to discount either ..... AT THIS STAGE.

CHEERS FOR THAT INPUT......WILL BE DOING A BIT MORE HOMEWORK ON THIS ONE. I READ THE CEO SCOTT BRADLEY CO=FOUNDED UTILYX, GROWING IT TO BECOME ONE OF THE UK's LARGEST ENERGY BROKERS AND EVENTUALLY SOLD OUT FOR A WHOPPING 16.5M POUND!! ANYONE KNOW HIM OR OF HIM? SOUNDS LIKE HE (and his team) MAY HAVE THE WHERE-WITH-ALL TO DRIVE VMOB TO SIMILAR HEIGHTS. WORTHY OF A PUNT IM THINKING??
    Have a Gr8day.

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    please remember that john sorensen owns shares of vmob under the incorrectly named snakk trustees moniker. Do some due diligence on him and read the snakk thread before considering buying to see all the trouble we have had with him there...

i read john sorensen has increased his stake by around 2%.......??
    Have a Gr8day.

Quote Originally Posted by GR8DAY View Post
    i read john sorensen has increased his stake by around 2%.......??
    According to this his stake dropped by 2% due to an increase in issued shares.

https://www.nzx.com/companies/VML/announcements/238485