sharetrader
Page 12 of 689 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112512 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    so does VMLs mCap deserve to be $5M more than Snakks on a pitiful $192k while I have Snakk on revenue of $6.2M for the coming year? I'm glad you hold both and are making a profit, but just food for thought there, especially with the players involved...
    You could apply the same thinking to any number of stocks. At least your taking a more considered view than the previous post.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    so does VMLs mCap deserve to be $5M more than Snakks on a pitiful $192k while I have Snakk on revenue of $6.2M for the coming year? I'm glad you hold both and are making a profit, but just food for thought there, especially with the players involved...
    Well they just raised $4m at a premium to the then market price so I assume some think it is worth a bit. The price overshot that 2.7c a bit too much (backed by the capital raise and the Telecom contract announcement) and is now dropping back as holders sell out knowing they can buy back into the SPP at 2.7c.

Disc: sitting on a small loss on a very small holding. Will decide on SPP closer to the time.

I too hold both, but to be honest the recent price pump allowed me to sell half of my VML holding, for more than I had paid for the entire holding, also making a small profit. Though in the last week I have wondered if that was the right thing to do, or should I have dumped the lot.

SNK on the other hand I have alot more confidence in, in some ways I think SNK got tarred with the VML/Sorenson Brush, without been given the chance to shine, and im hopeful their reports will show that my confidence is not mislaid.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    I too hold both, but to be honest the recent price pump allowed me to sell half of my VML holding, for more than I had paid for the entire holding, also making a small profit. Though in the last week I have wondered if that was the right thing to do, or should I have dumped the lot.

SNK on the other hand I have alot more confidence in, in some ways I think SNK got tarred with the VML/Sorenson Brush, without been given the chance to shine, and im hopeful their reports will show that my confidence is not mislaid.
    Our strategies are almost identical Hawkeye. I hedged on VML as I thought it could go either way. I guess be happy to be well ahead. I have measured confidence in VML. They are landing some big corporates.

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    I have measured confidence in VML. They are landing some big corporates.
    Same - I have a modest holding - but the McDonald's Netherlands deal demonstrates (Not proves) that there is considerable potential especially if McDonald's Europe decides to roll out into other countries in Europe. And thet must be under consideration. Then add into the mix the Telecom contract (yes scant on detail) and the interest of institutions and just I am thinking that just maybe this company is on the verge of striking something substantial.

Well I so so.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Same - I have a modest holding - but the McDonald's Netherlands deal demonstrates (Not proves) that there is considerable potential especially if McDonald's Europe decides to roll out into other countries in Europe. And thet must be under consideration. Then add into the mix the Telecom contract (yes scant on detail) and the interest of institutions and just I am thinking that just maybe this company is on the verge of striking something substantial.

Well I so so.
    I'm guessing, but I would have thought McD's operated seperately in each jurisdiction, so while it would be of interest to the other countries, it wouldn't be automatic. Happy to be wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    I'm guessing, but I would have thought McD's operated seperately in each jurisdiction, so while it would be of interest to the other countries, it wouldn't be automatic. Happy to be wrong!
    From what I understand McDonalds operates a seperate structure for each country, but also McDonalds operates in three regions (America, Europe and Asia) What happens within each region is of interest and often rolled out within that region. They use the small to medium countries within the region to trial initiatives. If something is successful (as we have been led to believe) then it seems very plausible that such an application would certainly have the attention of the other related companies of the McDonalds Region.

Well I hope that is the case - but I have not bet the house on that.

So just to clarify - the SPP is open to shareholders as at 27th November?? That wasn't a typo?? I assumed they meant 27th October - however havent seen any correction....

So it looks like its drifting back to its 2c region again.

Quite right moosie which makes it a tad scary.some one did mention Plus SMS on here i noticed.