sharetrader
Page 210 of 687 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220260310 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 6868

Watch this video: https://vimeo.com/172996869

What company wouldn't want software like this?

Their big-name clients seem to back this up as well. But a great product still needs a great team to sell it. For me, still too early to know if Plexure has the ability to pull this off. Maybe once they hit that $10m ACMR and pick up a few more customers?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I still cant come to grips how they monetize all these millions of consumer engagement points - or are they only selling the software/apps
    The monetise from the business, not the consumers. Businesses will pay for data about their customers, increased engagement by their customers, increased sales to their customers.

Think about the employee that Dominoes pizza sends outside to wave a big sign advertising $5 pizza. PLX can do that a lot cheaper, with better reach and with increased data:
    - imagine if you had data on all the people that saw that sign
    - imagine if you could show a different sign to each person who saw it depending on their past habits

Outside thinking.

[QUOTE=Harvey Specter;639284

Think about the employee that Dominoes pizza sends outside to wave a big sign advertising $5 pizza. PLX can do that a lot cheaper, with better reach and with increased data:
    - imagine if you could show a different sign to each person who saw it depending on their past habits[/QUOTE]

Good analogy!

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    The monetise from the business, not the consumers. Businesses will pay for data about their customers, increased engagement by their customers, increased sales to their customers.

- imagine if you could show a different sign to each person who saw it depending on their past habits
    So they get a cut/commision or something for every engagement that generates sales for the business?

That begs the quetion, if they so good at this sort of stuff and as they have been doing for a while why are rvenues so pathetic?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Actually, based on what you have written - both Facebook and Google can already accomplish these tasks.

PLX as I understand it - is a combination of a customer intelligence dashboard built around user purchases / engagement using a brands APP. The incentive to use the app is the voucher system that is tied into PLX system. This is why PLX cannot implement their solution if a brand does not have an APP, something we were made aware of when McDonald's USA roll-out was delayed.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Cobber View Post
    Actually, based on what you have written - both Facebook and Google can already accomplish these tasks.

PLX as I understand it - is a combination of a customer intelligence dashboard built around user purchases / engagement using a brands APP. The incentive to use the app is the voucher system that is tied into PLX system. This is why PLX cannot implement their solution if a brand does not have an APP, something we were made aware of when McDonald's USA roll-out was delayed.
    My understand is the App gives the direct link between the company and the consumer meaning the info gathered is more accurate and linked to purchases, location.

Google/facebook dont track your location and purchases to the same level of detail. ie. it cant push you a message when you enter a store but the PLX linked app can.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    So they get a cut/commision or something for every engagement that generates sales for the business?

That begs the quetion, if they so good at this sort of stuff and as they have been doing for a while why are rvenues so pathetic?

I believe, and I could be wrong, but based on what I saw on their old website before the recent rebranding, they sell their services as a package, so think gold, silver, bronze, etc. A company like McDonald's Canada may be paying $500,000 a year for the what might be the gold package. Smaller companies may pay $100,000 pa and only get the silver package, which may mean fewer features or smaller rollout. Something along those lines.

Waiting to be corrected if I got this completely wrong....

My understand is the App gives the direct link between the company and the consumer meaning the info gathered is more accurate and linked to purchases, location.

Google/facebook dont track your location and purchases to the same level of detail. ie. it cant push you a message when you enter a store but the PLX linked app can.
    Yep the app is the link. But how you use the app is dependant on the retail stores strategy.

For McDonald's, the app and the 'offers' I would think are based around getting you into the store. It's pointless offering you a discount as you arrive as you were already committed to buying a McDonald's order.

However an Ikea might be different.... if the app knows you purchased a couch last month.... as you roam the store you might get an alert to give you 10% off cushions. But the app would need to be tied to a loyalty application to pull this data together.

Beacon technology which is used to locate your phone within a store is nothing new. The marketing power that it can offer a brand is really dependant on that brands customer loyalty. And this is mainly to do with privacy.

Back to Facebook, over 80% of Facebook usage is on a mobile phone, mostly using their app. So they know who you are etc.
    Likewise, a lot of e-commerce stores are heavily tagged up with Facebook 'pixels' which links your online transactions back to your Facebook profile. Via the Audience segmentation tools within Facebook, you can actually link your advertising to specific audiences built around past e-commerce orders.

At this point, the only way Facebook could know your in a store is if you "Check-In". If they ever decided to open that 1 little function alone, that's a whole new level of business that would just open up overnight.

ie I go to the movies and Check In into Hoyts Sylvia Park. Facebook notices that your tickets were purchased on the Hoyts mobi website via an advertisement on their newsfeed 2 days ago. This means you probably don't have any food purchases from the candy bar, so you get an offer for a free ice-cream with every pop-corn purchase.

Or maybe PLX will work out how to integrate this into their platform for facebook??!! The world of convergence.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Cobber View Post
    At this point, the only way Facebook could know your in a store is if you "Check-In". If they ever decided to open that 1 little function alone, that's a whole new level of business that would just open up overnight.
    Or Facebook starts doing auto checkins via beacons? They are taking on Trademe (and Ebay/ Craigslist) with their own inhouse marketplace so nothing is off limits.
    Last edited by Harvey Specter; 05-10-2016 at 11:02 AM.

Or Facebook starts doing auto checkins via beacons? They are taking on Trademe (and Ebay/ Craigslist) with their own inhouse marketplace so nothing is off limits.
    My guess is their waiting for a lot more check-in data around retail footprints so they don't have to use beacons.

Snakk Media is already pinpointing users within a few feet of their GPS.

If Facebook can open this service up without beacon's, they are essentially leap frogging the industry.