sharetrader
Page 112 of 689 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212612 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 6889

Im am quite interested in the time the roll out of the McDonalds Japan roll out has happened. The announcement was made on 29 September 2014. That makes the implementation time about 8 months. For a significant rollout I think this is quite fast, if the rollout is 100% complete. Now the trick will be to get all the people who have downloaded the app to upgrade to the latest version and then get a whole lot more people signing up as well.

As usual details are very thin. But we are about a month away from the release of the year end accounts. I did see a comment that the MCDonalds USA rollout was a priority in early 2015. So can we expect that to be completed in October - December 2015?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Im am quite interested in the time the roll out of the McDonalds Japan roll out has happened. The announcement was made on 29 September 2014. That makes the implementation time about 8 months. For a significant rollout I think this is quite fast, if the rollout is 100% complete. Now the trick will be to get all the people who have downloaded the app to upgrade to the latest version and then get a whole lot more people signing up as well.

As usual details are very thin. But we are about a month away from the release of the year end accounts. I did see a comment that the MCDonalds USA rollout was a priority in early 2015. So can we expect that to be completed in October - December 2015?

Its not hard , most users just upgrade all apps from google play store and apple app store to latest versions. I always just update all, as do most people i know...

Quote Originally Posted by it-guy View Post
    Its not hard , most users just upgrade all apps from google play store and apple app store to latest versions. I always just update all, as do most people i know...
    I can hear the collective Japanese sigh of annoyance right now... Here's what it looks like:

(1) The following apps are updated: McDonalds Japan App ^_^
    (2) *Person walks down the street*
    (3) *PHONE BUZZES AND ALARMS SOUND* MCDONALDS 100M AWAY WILL GIVE YOU ICE CREAM FOR 500 YEN DISCOUNT, U WANT?
    (4) Japanese person sighs and says to themself "Oh ffs not more of this spyware crap on my phone"
    (5) Japanese person uninstalls the app and/or goes to settings/notficiations and unticks "receive notifications from Mcdonalds Japan App ^_^

VMob would be better to design an app to disable annoying notifications - that's where all the money is
    'I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversation.' - G B Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by robbo24 View Post
    I can hear the collective Japanese sigh of annoyance right now... Here's what it looks like:

(1) The following apps are updated: McDonalds Japan App ^_^
    (2) *Person walks down the street*
    (3) *PHONE BUZZES AND ALARMS SOUND* MCDONALDS 100M AWAY WILL GIVE YOU ICE CREAM FOR 500 YEN DISCOUNT, U WANT?
    (4) Japanese person sighs and says to themself "Oh ffs not more of this spyware crap on my phone"
    (5) Japanese person uninstalls the app and/or goes to settings/notficiations and unticks "receive notifications from Mcdonalds Japan App ^_^

VMob would be better to design an app to disable annoying notifications - that's where all the money is
    BaaBaa talked me into trying the FlyBuys app ......useless and annoying as and no trace of it on the phone anymore

Maybe I just not of those punters who like getting blasted with offers all the time

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    BaaBaa talked me into trying the FlyBuys app ......useless and annoying as and no trace of it on the phone anymore

Maybe I just not of those punters who like getting blasted with offers all the time
    Each to their own. I've found the FlyBuys App useful, firstly I don't need the plastic card anymore, just wave the phone/barcode in front of the scanner at point of sale. The notifications can easily be turned off so but that defeats the real value. My FlyBuy reward points have jumped up recently since I'm more aware of which retailers offer points, and those that are offering special x2 x4 rewards points etc, and I choose to go there to buy stuff in favour of others that don't reward loyalty.

We'll find out soon enough whether VMob's solutions are driving increased foot traffic and revenue to retailers. The early signs have been encouraging.

Asuming the Japanese consumer uses their phone in a similar manner then it could be good. There is potential that they may even embrace McDs through an app more than Europe, time will tell

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post

The VMob solution roll-out is across McDonald's Japan's 3,200 restaurants, including back office integrations etc. VMob have forecast the USA 13,500 stores + Netherlands live during 2015 (52% of global McDonalds stores) so that would be an acceleration of the per-store rollout timeframe which you'd expect with a ramp up in development personnel and association with Microsoft.

I'd like to hear more about how the other customers are progressing as well, like 7-Eleven in Australia, Oliver’s Foods Australia and Anheuser-Busch in the USA .. speaking of which it hasn't been made clear has it, whether VMob have signed up just the Beer business or whether they've got a slice of the Theme Park business or both?

Membaa

VMob got another $3m capital, subject to shareholder approval https://www.nzx.com/companies/VML/announcements/264225 and Tim Cook Director has taken up another 250k shares. SPP to come "later this month" at same price $0.40

Good to see insiders still buying in.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by it-guy View Post
    Good to see insiders still buying in.
    Got to love their confidence:
    A further announcement will be made to the market when the share placement is approved by shareholders and completed.
    Even if one assumes the VML board has the votes they need amongst shareholders then it is still incorrect to say "when" - surely the word is "if"
    'I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversation.' - G B Shaw