sharetrader
Page 125 of 689 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175225625 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 6889
    Membaa

A good summary of an outstanding FY15 for VMob. http://theregister.co.nz/news/2015/0...druple-revenue

Notice recent references on social media, to the hospitality industry and VMob working with Microsoft and some of the world’s leading chains. Warming up the market for another announcement in a new industry sector.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    A good summary of an outstanding FY15 for VMob. http://theregister.co.nz/news/2015/0...druple-revenue

Notice recent references on social media, to the hospitality industry and VMob working with Microsoft and some of the world’s leading chains. Warming up the market for another announcement in a new industry sector.
    The article skips over the hard-hitting facts:
    VMob’s revenue grew to $2.9 million but it lost $4.4 million from 2014 to 2015.
    Although it doesn't mention the potential ASX listing... Gee wizz I hope that hasn't come off the boiler
    'I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversation.' - G B Shaw

Warming up the market for another announcement in a new industry sector.
    OK, waiting for it...

It mentions that they're growing in leaps and bounds. Really shows with their market cap.
    That's like me saying, I have to run this 1km race, and in the first minute I ran 1m, but in the first two minutes I ran 8m, my progress skyrocketed!!! But it still sucks.

You can sell all your VML shares now and buy the same amount of shares in ERA (ASX). Wonder if that would be a good idea.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by klid View Post
    OK, waiting for it...

It mentions that they're growing in leaps and bounds. Really shows with their market cap.
    That's like me saying, I have to run this 1km race, and in the first minute I ran 1m, but in the first two minutes I ran 8m, my progress skyrocketed!!! But it still sucks.

You can sell all your VML shares now and buy the same amount of shares in ERA (ASX). Wonder if that would be a good idea.
    Oh so that's how it is? This thread is going to turn into a "shares other than VML to buy" thread?

NZXIV has always interested me, I'll take the DIVVML cross for my bet Klid's got the ERAVML cross for his.

Do you not have anything better to do than troll robbo?

Membaa

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by klid View Post
    OK, waiting for it...

.. snip
    2014 to 2015
    497% increase in Operating revenues
    1707% increase in ACMR
    Revenue to Loss ratio reduced by 4.65x

That's progress.

You have to dig way down into the details and analyse it along with your own research if you want to find anything worth niggling about, but to grumble about progress, well that's way off the mark. It seems few bother doing the research.

Don't worry, the SPP will be over later next week, probably at a reduced price to the pre-IPO at this rate, then it'll be time to release the good news and reward the faithful. The ASX listing won't be until Oct-Dec timeframe.

Thumbs down

2014 to 2015
    497% increase in Operating revenues
    1707% increase in ACMR
    Revenue to Loss ratio reduced by 4.65x

That's progress.

You have to dig way down into the details and analyse it along with your own research if you want to find anything worth niggling about, but to grumble about progress, well that's way off the mark. It seems few bother doing the research.

Don't worry, the SPP will be over later next week, probably at a reduced price to the pre-IPO at this rate, then it'll be time to release the good news and reward the faithful. The ASX listing won't be until Oct-Dec timeframe.
    I'm not too sure the continuous disclosure obligations on VML allow them to withhold any news, good or bad, on the basis of an SPP. Do you think it is common practice for VML to do that? If so, is it their goal to reward the faithful with such behaviour?

Revenue to loss ratio is only of nominal use in isolation. As revenue increases, so does the size of additional capital raisings to keep the company going... Are investors really going to throw exponentially larger amounts of money at VML?

Information provided by VML is on the thin side and any information that does come out is all happy-days.

Spend some time to make a chart that shows the number of shares and options on issue, the MCAP and the share price... That is a mess.

Membaa

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by robbo24 View Post
    I'm not too sure the continuous disclosure obligations on VML allow them to withhold any news, good or bad, on the basis of an SPP. Do you think it is common practice for VML to do that? If so, is it their goal to reward the faithful with such behaviour?
    Really, these are rhetorical questions surely as you seem pretty certain previously trotting out clauses from the NZX rules, though with no evidence as usual. It is of a course a matter of timing and because no-one has any idea about when things actually happen, you’d be drawing a long bow to assume wilful breach of participant rules, however you’d also be foolish not to think that the whole cap raising process hasn’t been carefully choreographed and stage managed. Nothing untoward there.

Revenue to loss ratio is only of nominal use in isolation. As revenue increases, so does the size of additional capital raisings to keep the company going... Are investors really going to throw exponentially larger amounts of money at VML?
    The FY15 losses are as expected and are unsurprising except in their much reduced ratio to revenue. VMob is growing revenue at a rapid rate, which is offsetting the requirement for capital. There is no correlation to revenue and capital raising unless you factor in expenses and growth in expenses, and the ratio is certainly not exponential. Someone is over exaggerating now, for what effect one wouldn’t know.

Information provided by VML is on the thin side and any information that does come out is all happy-days.
    Yes it is. This was raised at the shareholders meeting. Do you remember what Scott said in response?

Spend some time to make a chart that shows the number of shares and options on issue, the MCAP and the share price... That is a mess.
    There was plenty of interesting detail in the FY15 results, especially the movements. It’s great to see VMob directors taking significant stakes in their own company, and incenting key personnel with options and aligning interests and motivations. Remember three new sales directors hired in the USA. One has to ask whether to; a. do not invest in growing the business, b. fork out more capital to fund the growth, or c. permit some dilution with options.

The shareholders voted in vast majority to support both resolutions regarding the shares and issuance. Apparently a couple of special forms with handwritten notes were agin the motions.

Thumbs down

Really, these are rhetorical questions surely as you seem pretty certain previously trotting out clauses from the NZX rules, though with no evidence as usual. It is of a course a matter of timing and because no-one has any idea about when things actually happen, you’d be drawing a long bow to assume wilful breach of participant rules, however you’d also be foolish not to think that the whole cap raising process hasn’t been carefully choreographed and stage managed. Nothing untoward there.

Your previous post said the SPP is nearly over then it will be time for good news. News is conditional upon the completion of the SPP. I'm assuming nothing, merely asking your thoughts. Do you think any listed companies do that?

Yes it is. This was raised at the shareholders meeting. Do you remember what Scott said in response?
    Someone sure did, didn't they Baa_Baa. Maybe that's why Scott has started posting more of this superfluous VMob blog

It’s great to see VMob directors taking significant stakes in their own company, and incenting key personnel with options and aligning interests and motivations. Remember three new sales directors hired in the USA. One has to ask whether to; a. do not invest in growing the business, b. fork out more capital to fund the growth, or c. permit some dilution with options.
    Actually, those directors do know when things are going to happen (you say above: It is of a course a matter of timing and because no-one has any idea about when things actually happen). Do you remember last January before the McDonalds contract was announced? Do you think the directors who bought into the capital raising knew or ought to have known that was going on with that contract? Does that situation contradict what you're saying?

Thumbs down VML - Will we see exponential losses?

There is no correlation to revenue and capital raising unless you factor in expenses and growth in expenses, and the ratio is certainly not exponential. Someone is over exaggerating now, for what effect one wouldn’t know.
    I didn't say the ratio was exponential. I said the amount of money people have to give to VML to grow its revenue will grow exponentially.

However, we can look at it another way too. Like when Monty said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    If the projections I have done on the possible impact of the McDonalds Global Contract then VMob are going to go through a significant growth period. Revenue I believe is set to increase exponentially and this company will hopefully soon shed its penny dreadful status. Maybe the NZAX is soon not going to be the appropriate place for listing?
    You replied to him:
    Agree Monty, with your growth expectation, and whether NZAX is appropriate for VML to be listed upon, after listing on ASX. My point is about disclosure rules, which exist to inform investors.
    If revenue is growing exponentially, then there is a correlation between revenue and loss, then loss is increasing exponentially alongside revenue, so the amount of money people have to hand over to VML to meet those losses increases exponentially too.

Hope this helps