sharetrader
Page 126 of 689 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176226626 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 6889
    Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by robbo24 View Post
    Your previous post said the SPP is nearly over then it will be time for good news. News is conditional upon the completion of the SPP. I'm assuming nothing, merely asking your thoughts. Do you think any listed companies do that?

Conditional? Not my choice of word, but seeing as you raised it do you think VMob directors would wilfully breach participant disclosure rules? If so why?

Someone sure did, didn't they Baa_Baa. Maybe that's why Scott has started posting more of this superfluous VMob blog
    Scott doesn’t Blog robbo, that’s Kai’s job. If you asked him you’d understand why the content is what it is and who it’s targeted at. Nevertheless, amongst the marketing information you will have seen the nugget of VMob working with Microsoft and large chains in the hospitality industry, which is new information, perhaps foretelling of good news to come.

Actually, those directors do know when things are going to happen (you say above: It is of a course a matter of timing and because no-one has any idea about when things actually happen). Do you remember last January before the McDonalds contract was announced? Do you think the directors who bought into the capital raising knew or ought to have known that was going on with that contract? Does that situation contradict what you're saying?
    Clarification then, by “no-one”, I of course meant no retail investors. Actually, I don’t think the directors wanted to buy into that cap-raise robbo, more that they might have had to. Either way I wouldn’t know what the directors knew or did not know at the time, do you?

Membaa

Revenue did grow exponentially, Monty was right. Losses only slightly doubled. I like that ratio a lot. The trajectory is very encouraging.

Perhaps you could illustrate with your chart where Investor contributions have risen exponentially, for a basis to extrapolate your forward guidance that "the amount of money people have to hand over to VML to meet those losses increases exponentially too"

Thumbs down Directors buy for many reasons [even if they don't want to] but they sell for one...

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post

Conditional? Not my choice of word, but seeing as you raised it do you think VMob directors would wilfully breach participant disclosure rules? If so why?
    I didn't say anything about a breach of rules or laws. As we know, insider trading laws do not currently apply to placements. I asked whether you would agree that the directors knew or ought to have known of the McDonalds contract when they signed onto the capital raising in January. Would you agree that they knew or ought to have known about the contract?

Scott doesn’t Blog robbo, that’s Kai’s job. If you asked him you’d understand why the content is what it is and who it’s targeted at. Nevertheless, amongst the marketing information you will have seen the nugget of VMob working with Microsoft and large chains in the hospitality industry, which is new information, perhaps foretelling of good news to come.

Yes, Scott does blog. As you can see, the author of the most recent post is Scott Bradley. Does that make Scott an overpaid blogger, or does that mean that a blogger is paid to write under Scott's name? If so, I wonder what else is written under Scott's name?

Clarification then, by “no-one”, I of course meant no retail investors. Actually, I don’t think the directors wanted to buy into that cap-raise robbo, more that they might have had to. Either way I wouldn’t know what the directors knew or did not know at the time, do you?
    I am of the view that directors knew or ought to have known - that is the whole point of beind a director. Why do you think the directors didn't want to buy into that cap-raise? To pay their own fees?
    'I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversation.' - G B Shaw

I see Tim Cook is no longer a substantial holder by way of his resignation from Collins Asset management.

I wonder if that means he is still worthy to be on the VML board of directors? After all, when he was appointed it was seemingly due to his shareholding and connections with Collins:

I have a very good understanding of the difference between legal and beneficial ownership of property (including shares). I think it's a bit rich to say Tim was a substantial holder in VML when in actual fact Collins Asset Management (and their clients) were the true owners. Tim was never a substantial holder.
    Tim must have impeccable timing, you know, getting in at 1 cent like that and then dancing a merry jig into a director's chair He didn't know or ought to have known about the McDonald's contract because he wasn't a direcotr until a few weeks after the conclusion of the McDonalds announcement. But, get this, now that he's not a substantial holder all he needs to do is resign as a director, then he could potentially sell all his shares without having to announce a thing!

Go Tim!!
    'I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversation.' - G B Shaw

Robbo, you not meant to see that notice

It was one of those after close on Friday afternoon and nobody will notice trick announcements.

Have there been directors / officers disclosures for those shares issued in late May? Esp for cooks 250,000 shares
    Last edited by winner69; 19-06-2015 at 05:55 PM.

Membaa

Thumbs up

No I don't think directors buy shares in a cap-raise to pay their own fees, that's a silly suggestion. If one tracks the top-20 shareholders holdings they can draw their own conclusions as to why (and how much) the directors put of their own money into the company, on top of substantial holdings already, in a predominantly Insto / private placement round. I think the January situation has been done to death.

Also, the derogatory inference that Scott is either an overpaid blogger or has people writing copy under his name is plainly mischievous. Apart from the important matter of maintaining profile as the luminary that he is in big data & mobile marketing, it would be incredible that a CEO would not have people writing copy for them.

I am very impressed and pleased with the progress VMob have made and continue to make with the business. The cap raising processes have suppressed the excellent results and announcements in recent times, creating a pressure cooker lid over the SP that will burst open after the cap raise process is over, triggered by further impressive results.

My interest therefore is very much about in getting through the SPP process, the conclusion of which co-incides with the end of Q1, hence anticipating further information on progress with implementations, an update on ACMR and ideally forward guidance on financial performance.

Membaa

The respective shareholdings of Collins Asset Management and Tim Cook were clearly stated in the Top-20 list, also published in the FY15 results. Presently the respective shareholdings in the SSH notice are unchanged from the aforementioned results.

What is the point that you are trying to make here robbo, this is hardly a chicken-little scenario, even if Tim quit as director and sold his 1% shares which seems unlikely as he has just recently topped up @ $0.40 with another $100k! Wouldn't you be more concerned about CAM wanting out with their 6.5% share as the second largest holder and no position as a director?

Or are you making some obscure legal point about the statement "Taken together, the relevant interests of" ... ? when again it is clearly stated and has been disclosed that TC was "at the time a director of CAM and a director of, and a joint shareholder of all the shares in, Cottisloe Holdings Limited (the ultimate holding company of CAM)".

In terms of total shareholdings and positions on the top-20, nothing has changed. In terms of risk to retail investors very little has changed. You'd be better off researching why TC resigned CAM and CHL if you want a foundation for spreading uncertainty and doubt.

I see Tim Cook is no longer a substantial holder by way of his resignation from Collins Asset management.

I wonder if that means he is still worthy to be on the VML board of directors? After all, when he was appointed it was seemingly due to his shareholding and connections with Collins:

I have a very good understanding of the difference between legal and beneficial ownership of property (including shares). I think it's a bit rich to say Tim was a substantial holder in VML when in actual fact Collins Asset Management (and their clients) were the true owners. Tim was never a substantial holder.
    Tim must have impeccable timing, you know, getting in at 1 cent like that and then dancing a merry jig into a director's chair He didn't know or ought to have known about the McDonald's contract because he wasn't a direcotr until a few weeks after the conclusion of the McDonalds announcement. But, get this, now that he's not a substantial holder all he needs to do is resign as a director, then he could potentially sell all his shares without having to announce a thing!

Go Tim!!

BaaBaa - you seem to suggest that the directors didnt cook did take shares in the placement

Quote - On 28 May 2015 VML issued 6,750,000 ordinary shares in VML at a price of NZ$0.40 per share. Timothy John Cook subscribed for 250,000 of these ordinary shares for NZ$100,000 in aggregate. Following this subscription Timothy John Cook was the registered holder and beneficial owner of 688,505 ordinary shares in VML. CAM did not subscribe for ordinary shares. Taken together the relevant interests of Timothy John Cook and CAM constituted 6.852%.

Seems odd there wasn't Directors Disclosure then unless he is exempt because he is a SSH as well.

But whatever there must have been a change in the Top 20 shareholdings since balance date.

All a big mystery but seeing VMB is such a minnow probably not many interested anyway

What the heck do I know anyway, I one thought the Apple man had joined VMob, stupid me

Membaa

Sorry winner, I don't understand your question, "you seem to suggest that the directors didnt cook did take shares in the placement" doesn't make sense to me.

Nice one about Apple's Tim Cook, very clever, but you've used it before. Though a good joke should be able to be retold don't you think?
    Imagine the other Tim Cook taking a position, VMob's SP would go ballistic! LOL. Or maybe not, like XRO's didn't, after announcing a 'relationship' with Apple.

Banned

Baa - I think all the best jokes deserve a couple of outings - just look at Winston!