sharetrader
Page 142 of 689 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192242642 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 6889

Quote Originally Posted by it-guy View Post
    VMOB did a internet conference call around beacons a while back, the example they gave was for someone like Mitre10 or bunnings. Imagine a person who is on there third visit to the kitchen section, they have discussed things a few times at that area and are pretty set on a 8k quickfit style kitchen but the wife thinks the 14k one from a dedicated kitchen shop is a safer buy....

The beacon technology can tell the shop to get someone to the kitchen area proto... nothing like going to order an 8k product and there is no one there to take the order...

its real hard for shops that sell average $80 purchase at the till to also service 8k buyers well.

not so sure its about offering discount rather making sure that the high end guys get good service
    Perhaps your right. Although in my experience with Ikea in Norway, Sweden and Australia - They have helpers, but dont seem to deal makers as such (all part of the low cost, high profit model) - but im sure they are around (you do the ordering yourself via paper/ in store computers).
    The question is, if someone is lingering around a 8K kitchen for example - how will the software tell IKEA who exactly it is, other than the digital ID of the phone/app? I can only really imagine the communication taking place via digital means as people quite often revisit things in IKEA once they start getting a bit trigger happy, few of which will translate to sales - so its probably cheaper and easier to just offer a 5% "buy today" discount than loading up and extra 15 salespeople per store...
    Last edited by Ginger_steps_; 08-07-2015 at 01:46 PM.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger_steps_ View Post
    Perhaps your right. Although in my experience with Ikea in Norway, Sweden and Australia - They have helpers, but dont seem to deal makers as such (all part of the low cost, high profit model) - but im sure they are around (you do the ordering yourself via paper/ in store computers).
    The question is, if someone is lingering around a 8K kitchen for example - how will the software tell IKEA who exactly it is, other than the digital ID of the phone/app? I can only really imagine the communication taking place via digital means as people quite often revisit things in IKEA once they start getting a bit trigger happy, few of which will translate to sales - so its probably cheaper and easier to just offer a 5% "buy today" discount than loading up and extra 15 salespeople per store...
    Do you think that the IKEA solution is possibly more about the 'voucher book' business model model, like "Entertainment™ Digital Membership" http://www.entertainmentbook.co.nz where there's basically a whole bunch of vouchers that can be redeemed at any participating merchant, though in IKEA's case they'll all be IKEA stores?

Just guessing. I presume they can still use the VMob modules for an App, promo's, vouchers, in store location (beacons), real-time Ad push, etc. But the business model of IKEA doesn't seem to parallel with that of a global fast-food retailer model.

Quote Originally Posted by robbo24 View Post
    There's some interesting discussion on HotCopper about VML: http://hotcopper.com.au/threads/vmob...8#.VZxHZmN5at8

haha... after reading all that I'm starting to wonder if you're a bit of a stalker Robbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobber View Post
    haha... after reading all that I'm starting to wonder if you're a bit of a stalker Robbo.
    I've got a good memory, a good system of storing cached posts, I like asking questions and I love getting to the truth.
    'I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversation.' - G B Shaw

MS Paint doesn't lie
    The picture being painted is that this company is a joke and is doomed though

Membaa

Some light relief as the world markets go south, here's Scott Bradley, Founder & CEO - VMob at the 'Digital Day Out'.

https://vimeo.com/marketingassoc/rev...969/b6924212cb

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Some light relief as the world markets go south, here's Scott Bradley, Founder & CEO - VMob at the 'Digital Day Out'.

https://vimeo.com/marketingassoc/rev...969/b6924212cb
    Ah yep the mullet is still there as of 16 June. Good sign of confidence in the industry.

We can't con the consumer anymore by telling them we're a cool brand when social media is telling them that we're not cool.

- Scott Bradley, CEO, 16 June 2015 at 06:28
    Lol... Thanks for this Scott, will refer to it later.

Membaa

He has a habit of making statements in the first person which when quoted out of context could be embarrassing. I thought the offhand comment about MS Bing Maps was disingenuous as well, but overall an informative presentation. VMob certainly are thought leaders and solution innovators right at the beginning of massive shift in marketing and advertising. All good for long holders of VML. 🚀