sharetrader
Page 153 of 689 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203253653 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 6889

It has been quiet, but I just discovered something. We were discussing the chance of Microsoft buying vMob.

This company called Capptain, seems to be extremely similar to vMob?:
    http://www.capptain.com/
    And it was acquired by Microsoft in May 2014:
    http://azure.microsoft.com/blog/2014...n-of-capptain/

Keen on what others think after you've had a look.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by klid View Post
    It has been quiet, but I just discovered something. We were discussing the chance of Microsoft buying vMob.

This company called Capptain, seems to be extremely similar to vMob?:
    http://www.capptain.com/
    And it was acquired by Microsoft in May 2014:
    http://azure.microsoft.com/blog/2014...n-of-capptain/

Keen on what others think after you've had a look.
    Thanks for posting Klid. IMO this information makes it less likely that MS would be interested in acquiring VML (as they now own a similar coy). But then I hope VML aren't building their business simply in order to sell out to MS.

I would prefer to hope that VML are concentrating on building on the opportunities they have through Ikea, MacDonalds etc. If they do not perform with these contracts, then why would anyone be interested in acquiring them?

When VML show evidence of client results/benefits and related financial benefits to VML then I their SP may take off.

Still a risky investment IMHO ( Disc: Holding a small amount.)

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    This is price manipulation, pure and simple.
    This is a very serious allegation, based on nothing more than 5 trades.

This is a reasonably illiquid stock, with a complete lack of information from the company for months, and a large bid/ask spread.

And you're claiming stock manipulation? All I'm seeing is 5 trades. You'll have to come up with something more than that to convince me.

What has this alleged manipulator gained from the manipulation?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeybycrikey View Post
    This is a very serious allegation, based on nothing more than 5 trades...

What has this alleged manipulator gained from the manipulation?
    Probably a wrong and unfair allegation Baa as I can tell you that it was me buying that small amount at 36c which I changed to match the 37c at close. The 37c seller removed the remaining lot post close or perhaps lumped the rest with the 40c lot to give this split now. I bought 8000 total so someone else also bought 2000 post close at 37c. I was actually a little surprised at the time because it started off at 37c and then as I was ordering it dropped to 35c (I was originally just going to buy all at 37c until that happened).

I wouldn't pay too much attention; just a few people doing some trades.

But hey no worries; I get accused of manipulating stock prices all the time, but usually it's my incompetent broker, ASB Securities

Membaa

OK, apologies, allegation withdrawn. Post deleted.

No worries, I think the only "manipulation" could be this "Selling", I have drawn on a pretty little graph:
    vmlgraph.jpg

Banned

I went to one of the VMOB presentations this week - included a senior guy from MS in Seattle. I don't know about acquisition, but they sure see VMOB as a pretty important tool for their Azure platform for big retail clients.

Will the falling NZD have a very positive effect on VML?

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

Yes its likely their big clients pay in foreign currency so the fall in the NZD means they have earnt more than they realise.

Membaa

Don't forget the free Webinar this coming week, http://pages.vmob.com/intelligent-pe...ation-webinar/ there is an option to get the recording if you can't attend.

"Intelligent personalization.

Free webinar: learn how smart use of big data and the Internet of Things is giving global brands the ability to connect with customers on a personal level; boosting satisfaction and driving revenue."