sharetrader
Page 16 of 689 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116516 ... LastLast
    Guru

Anything getting hung out at 3.2 is being gobbled up within minutes, yet very ordinary bid depth. Announcement pending perhaps?

Guru

Well no one seems interested in replying (only buying it would seem), so I'll pose a few more ?s.

How come it's all quiet until 11.30 and then good volume starts ticking over at 3.2? Nearly 2 million traded now and yet no decent depth.
    Does this look like a broker acting under instructions?

Guru

No answers to your questions but it is good to see. The SPP could have created an overhang so it's good that someone isn't letting that happen (or is taking advantage of it)

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Well no one seems interested in replying (only buying it would seem), so I'll pose a few more ?s.

How come it's all quiet until 11.30 and then good volume starts ticking over at 3.2? Nearly 2 million traded now and yet no decent depth.
    Does this look like a broker acting under instructions?
    Hi jonu. 2mil as a % of the 1.2bil shares on issue is not great. Still capitalises at under $40m though.

Cheers
    SCOTTY

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTY View Post
    Hi jonu. 2mil as a % of the 1.2bil shares on issue is not great. Still capitalises at under $40m though.

Cheers
    Och aye Scotty. However that has little to do with the questions I posed. There does appear to be a determined buyer at 3.2. Hell, I'm starting to sound like Moosie! But my reason for saying that is the nature of the purchases. There was no depth buildup, just as soon as anything was hung out at 3.2 it got gobbled.

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Och aye Scotty. However that has little to do with the questions I posed. There does appear to be a determined buyer at 3.2. Hell, I'm starting to sound like Moosie! But my reason for saying that is the nature of the purchases. There was no depth buildup, just as soon as anything was hung out at 3.2 it got gobbled.
    Usually the sign of a reasonable buyer wanting stock and is operating in a market that is very thin and doesn't want to be seen.Lets hope so......

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Don't start sounding like me jonu, you might start chugging maple syrup from the bottle, admiring the works of Rothko and start buying Snakks for the Xero ride!
    You're right Moosie. Those are all excellent reasons to desist.

Guru

Not to mention you'll have a pandering for a cold colc country and Canadian tuxedos (google it).

I'm interested to know why you're into VML?
    VML fits my spec criteria. Potential massive upside and as I see it not too much downside. I like the way they are positioned for global growth and I like them bringing Oz instos in without dual listing. My main concern is profit margin in this industry (if SNK is anything to go by). Even so that probably won't be evident for a while yet and I think there will be plenty of good news,PR/spin in the meantime.
    That's a brief rationale for you Moosie. Won't be to everyone's taste-but it bloody well should be!

Guru

Haha cheers mate. Since Snakk and VML are nearly on even mCaps right now and thr beginning of the year upon us, care to wager which will have the larger mCap by December 31?
    I'll pass on a wager Moosie. I don't see the point for a number of reasons, not the least of which is I don't see it as some sort of competition between the two. I hope they both do well. I just prefer VML for the reasons outlined previously. Also I think the prices of both will be volatile for a while and will be very sensitive to timing of announcements.

Meanwhile some solid depth building now on the bid which is a change from yesterday.

Guru

All good, just a bit of fun for '14, felt like owing someone another bottle or two at years end. Good thing I stick to the market and not punting!
    Maybe I should have taken your wager Moosie. I didn't bother comparing the m/caps, but I now see VML is approx 25% higher (when valued @ 3.5). Wouldn't have been fair would it? Unless you were planning on picking VML you crafty Moose you.