sharetrader
Page 23 of 689 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123523 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Cobber View Post
    So the question is - why would a user download the app in the first place. What value proposition are you going to put in front of them?.
    the same reason peoples wallets are full with fly buys and coffee cards. There does need to be value in it though.

The devil is in the detail. For this advertising to work, you have to convince a user to download the app first. If bugger all people download the app.... then you don't have many people to target the advertising messages too.

So the question is - why would a user download the app in the first place. What value proposition are you going to put in front of them?

I think the big revenue days for VML are still a ways off.... but would love them to prove me wrong.
    I think your right about the above but it would depend on which company the app was for.
    If i had a McDonalds app downloaded onto my phone that would notify me of a deal they had going ( eg buy a coffee and get a free blueberry muffin ) and i look up and hey presto there is a McDonalds right there in front of me, I would be pretty happy to keep it on my phone. But that is just me.
    By the way, they already know I regularly buy coffee on friday afternoons and sometimes on sunny days I'll purchase a blueberry muffin which has been sliced in half and smeared with two cubes of butter.
    Most of the time people will get annoyed with this technology but if used right by the right companies, watch out. I am hoping VML can get the right companies on board and it is early days yet but they are certainly heading in the right direction and yes there is still a way to go but i have patients

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

The devil is in the detail. For this advertising to work, you have to convince a user to download the app first. If bugger all people download the app.... then you don't have many people to target the advertising messages too.

So the question is - why would a user download the app in the first place. What value proposition are you going to put in front of them?

I think the big revenue days for VML are still a ways off.... but would love them to prove me wrong.
    Well I'm not sure if you have a brand that you love to bits, but the general population has a palette that gobbles it up like sweets. Vmob provides the platform, which its quite true people have to download it, so I'd say it definitely comes down to the partner brands that actually have that influence over their customers, which as we have seen with the Mcdonalds case study can be quite successful. You have to see how absorbed people get with these things, have you seen the amount of people with flybuys? Or a 2 degrees and telecom app that they use to check their balances? If done right, it can have a huge following, which I believe comes down to what their partners offer, say like a discount on their products or extra reward points. I would agree their is a huge risk if people don't download the apps, but with everyone getting into their smartphones, some download every app they can get.

People will download these apps for convenience e.g to check menu for say a restaurant, balance of points and funds or value gained from deals and discounts.

I would agree that VMob are at least another year from delivering the results we probably expect of it now.

Does anyone have any insight on when to expect the annual report?

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

Financial results are out https://www.nzx.com/companies/VML/announcements/251526

Looks like everything is in place now and in line of what I expected it to be, next financial year revenue should be explosive!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    would pay to do a consolidation!!!
    Yip a consolidation and compulsory removal of all unmarketable parcels to tidy up the register.

Interesting to see your friend is the second biggest shareholder, a legacy of its backdoor listing days I assume (number of shares holding firm but % of co reducing as they issue the odd 100m shares).

Does anyone have any ideas who keeps selling? It's now over 55% down on the 2.7c capital raising in December, mcap $15m. Someone sold $43,000 worth today, and a relatively large amount went through yesterday. Almost no volume below $0.013 since IPO. 478M shares have been issued since June 2013, when the shareprice was $0.015, giving 785M shares issued (06/2013) and mcap of $11.7M. If we thought there was no growth since that time last year, we would expect bottom was $0.0093 at the same mcap in 07/2014 issued shares. MA's show nothing good.

I bought this company because I saw Scott Bradley speak at a tech conference and he said (alcohol+paraphrase): if you try to grow your startup by focussing on the many varied areas that you need to improve, it would move in fits and starts and some areas would progress faster than others. But if you focus on increasing shareholder value, and at every decision point ask "will this increase shareholder value?", the business will grow evenly for a better long term return.
    Last edited by sommelier; 17-07-2014 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Grammar

Quote Originally Posted by sommelier View Post
    Scott Bradley ...said (alcohol+paraphrase): if you try to grow your startup by focussing on the many varied areas that you need to improve, it would move in fits and starts and some areas would progress faster than others. But if you focus on increasing shareholder value, and at every decision point ask "will this increase shareholder value?", the business will grow evenly for a better long term return.
    It depends then on how you define an "increase in shareholder value". It's clearly not reflected in the share price.

IMO, until we see significant revenue, the slide will continue.

Discl: also a holder (for longer than I care to admit).
    To foretell the future, one must first unlock the secrets of the past.

Somebody's gobbled up 1.5m shares @ 1.2c in a single swoop at market closing time. Depth is now looking a bit thin on the offer side. It will interesting to see if we get high enough volumes next week to pivot the stock price north for a change.

Discl: holding too many for too long (yes, I know, swept along more by marketing hype, NZ tech awards, and blue sky dreaming than by the hard core realities of actual sales, earnings growth, nta, etc). Buying these earlier this year was not one of my finer moments.
    To foretell the future, one must first unlock the secrets of the past.

What do you make of that one BC? 4.4million off market at 0.9c. It's hard to call it 'the big boys selling/buying' 'cos at $40k or so a balsy retail investor could get into that..