sharetrader
Page 244 of 689 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246247248254294344 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,440 of 6889

Last edited by minimoke; 28-06-2019 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Deleted by Minimoke due to SDMOD censorship

Quote Originally Posted by pg0220 View Post
    What are the differences between PLX and SKO?

After the recent soar in SP, I wasn't sure if they are now fairly or undervalued. I had a look at SKO, just to see what its financials look like.
    I don't know much about SKO so can't compare but in my opinion PLX is lowly valued because of their lack of a track record of success. They basically had no money about 3 years ago and were raising new capital every 3 months, including writing the convertible note that they just converted to shares last week. The SP dropped to 11c only about 18 months ago because of worries about their future.

After a change in CEO they have been continuing to grow revenue, but also cutting expenses and moving towards profit. I'd say that until recently their business future was still tenuous and with the loss of a big customer like McDonalds they could easily have disappeared. That risk has significantly diminished because of this cash injection but I'd still say that they've still got to build a longer track record of ongoing success, including continuing sales growth and profit, before their value is fully recognised by the market.

For me, it's still pretty hard to see what size their business could even grow to, making an estimate of future value rather difficult. I'm not even convinced about the value of their technology but I guess time will tell on that front too.

Also, it's weird to see you say the market cap is $68m. Less than 2 weeks about it was only $35m. Crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Timesurfer View Post
    Where I like SKO or IKE is that they are situating themselves as the industry standard - something that McDonalds also did. I am not sure I see PLX stepping up to that level?
    Just out of curiosity, do you have a reference that says SKO is an industry standard software? I know that they have secured a several large organisations, but I just googled the reviews of best expense management software and wasn't able to find any footprint of Zeno.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeybycrikey View Post
    Also, it's weird to see you say the market cap is $68m. Less than 2 weeks about it was only $35m. Crazy!
    Yeah crazy! I stayed underwater for more than 1 year and it was around $35m at that time and thought it was surely undervalued. With over 100% gain so far, I am just trying to see whether this is now fairly or still undervalued. Imagine that PLX is valued at half of SKO, you would see the SP to almost double again!

Don't get me wrong, to me SKO is a great NZ company with a bright future ahead, just I missed the boat when it used to be a treasure (still treasure tho) and my money is in PLX now.

Quote Originally Posted by pg0220 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, to me SKO is a great NZ company with a bright future ahead, just I missed the boat when it used to be a treasure (still treasure tho) and my money is in PLX now.
    SKO allows other companies to relable their product, so they have a greater reach than just their own branded service. Perhaps not as obvious as the work IKE is doing in North America with creating an “industry standard.”

I also hope PLX becomes a star performer (I did have some shares, although sold them before the recent interest). We certainly need more companies performing on the international stage rather just being a country that sells all its raw materials offshore unprocessed.

Outside thinking.

Good discussion on PLX (and SKO) on this thread, thanks all for the various points of view. (Much nicer than the ramping and subsequent woe on SUM other threads!)

Holders should be well pleased with this weeks PLX action. Seems we are well positioned.

Close to double since the announcement - got to be happy with that.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Timesurfer View Post
    Close to double since the announcement - got to be happy with that.
    Gotta be, nice to be on board on this train on day when maccas got on board, not at same price level but paid couple of cents more than them.

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by silverblizzard888 View Post
    Nice spotting that article.