sharetrader
Page 25 of 689 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125525 ... LastLast
    2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

VMOB just hit the big leagues! (well in my opinion anyway)

McDonald’s Japan has informed VMob that it has been awarded the work to roll-out the VMob solution across McDonald’s Japan’s 3,200 restaurants. VMob and McDonald’s Japan are to complete negotiations on the final terms and conditions for this project and VMob will update the market when the formal contract has been signed by the parties, which VMob expects to be in the coming weeks.

https://www.nzx.com/companies/VML/announcements/253705

Compare that with the Netherlands contract:
    Netherlands has 236 mcdonalds for 16 million people
    Japan has about 3200 for a population of about 126 million people
    Last edited by silverblizzard888; 11-08-2014 at 04:57 PM.

Yea a bit disappointing. It looks like it was only one trader, and $13k. Could've been a coincidence, the vwap at noon was 13c.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by silverblizzard888 View Post
    VMOB just hit the big leagues! (well in my opinion anyway)

McDonald’s Japan has informed VMob that it has been awarded the work to roll-out the VMob solution across McDonald’s Japan’s 3,200 restaurants. VMob and McDonald’s Japan are to complete negotiations on the final terms and conditions for this project and VMob will update the market when the formal contract has been signed by the parties, which VMob expects to be in the coming weeks.

https://www.nzx.com/companies/VML/announcements/253705

Compare that with the Netherlands contract:
    Netherlands has 236 mcdonalds for 16 million people
    Japan has about 3200 for a population of about 126 million people
    makes you wonder if there will be more McD contracts to come, esp in Asia Pac if Japan is successful.

Interesting article on Scott Bradley and Vmob. Future looking bright and they could just pull this off, here's hoping anyway.

http://techday.com/it-brief/news/vmo...66/?vmobsrc=fb

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    makes you wonder if there will be more McD contracts to come, esp in Asia Pac if Japan is successful.
    Yep I think they will, I think thats how they got the McDonalds deal in Japan by showing them what they did with McDonald's in Netherlands. They base all their case study and the video they make on it so its a major selling point of success for them. They should be signing up a lot more McDonalds from now on cause of that, just having that track record of success puts them ahead of everyone else cause McDonalds is gonna look at that and go if its working for McDonalds over there, then surely it will work for us here too. The risk is lowered cause of that track record and with apps for businesses its always a high risk if it will bring in the benefit they hope for. Haha wouldn't surprise me if they produced an app for all McDonalds around the world in the future. Lets hope they can get some other big customers too, but what they are doing seems brilliant to me. Also even if they have got contracts with other McDonalds they may not make it public as the Japanese deal with big enough (considered material enough), but there are cases like McDonalds Sweden, Norway which they never made public except only in video, so who knows they may already have signed up a lot of McDonalds in asia already.

Quote Originally Posted by hilskin View Post
    Interesting article on Scott Bradley and Vmob. Future looking bright and they could just pull this off, here's hoping anyway.

http://techday.com/it-brief/news/vmo...66/?vmobsrc=fb
    Indeed! I particularly like the part where they mention "[w]ith offices in New Zealand, Australia, Singapore, the UK and the USA soon to follow".

I think they would have a great chance of nabbing McDonalds in the USA with over 14,000 stores, particularly if they rap up this deal with McDonalds in Japan, who represent the second largest set of McDonald stores for an individual country, only logical that they target the largest as well. Given how they have gone with Netherlands it gives them a good track record as well as having the latest tech and the Japanese McDonalds deal just makes it even more likely given McDonalds business model to want to approach customers in a similar manner, especially a proven method too!
    Last edited by silverblizzard888; 13-08-2014 at 04:03 PM.

Wow this is huge. According to Wikipedia McDonald's operates over 35,000 restaurants worldwide, employing more than 1.7 million people. But Japan alone is huge at 3200 outlets to a tech savy nation. It would seem logical that eventually VMob could represent McDonalds world-wide. but importantly who else is there as potential global clients who may use this technology? This list is somewhat limitless once there is wide acceptance. What is important is for this McDonalds Contract to be confirmed. seems they are nearly there, - but not all the way yet. will there be an announcement at the AGM on 4 September 2014

Scott Bradley features in the latest NZ Business magazine

A very interesting article

Just over 26 million shares have gone through today. Someone wants out and doesn't have the time to wait around i guess.

Hmm insider trading?

If you look at the depth chart I dont get the impression someone is dumping quite the opposite.
    Last edited by Schrodinger; 02-09-2014 at 03:38 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by hilskin View Post
    Just over 26 million shares have gone through today. Someone wants out and doesn't have the time to wait around i guess.
    It didn't effect price (only a 0.1c drop) and happened at open so I assume it was an arranged match through a broker.

Will be interesting to see if it results in a SSH notice.