sharetrader
Page 284 of 689 FirstFirst ... 184234274280281282283284285286287288294334384 ... LastLast
Results 2,831 to 2,840 of 6889

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Have taken that on board.
    Glad you have.

Always a worry when a company boasts of revenue growth but has no idea seemingly as to how much that growth is going to cost.

Unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    In other words, it is going to cost us a lot to service Macca as we are going to have to employ 60 more staff etc etc.

Macca will suck PLX dry if the company is not careful - saw it with Provenco & Wynyard.
    What do you mean by "we"? I thought you have never been a holder?

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post

Only things I took from the report that - positive - "we look forward to securing new customers in a variety of categories in FY20". - negative- "will not be providing EBIT guidance as the impact our expansion plans and platform investment will have on our financial results cannot be accurately assessed".

Market hates uncertainty and any form of downgrade, including reducing revenue growth%
    Quote Originally Posted by pg0220 View Post
    What do you mean by "we"? I thought you have never been a holder?
    ‘We’ as in Baa Baa’s post above.

Please read ATM thread Re your question on shorts.

In other words, it is going to cost us a lot to service Macca as we are going to have to employ 60 more staff etc etc.

Macca will suck PLX dry if the company is not careful - saw it with Provenco & Wynyard.
    That's why I think you'll see some of these businesses merge or acquired.

PLX states they have 150 million users from memory - but after researching their competitors.... some of those have 2 billion users.

I think if PLX are focusing on strengthening their US based business, the proposition of acquiring or being acquired by one of their European competitors would work in their favour to help reduce international servicing costs.

At the end of the day, all these businesses have the same cost structure issue to contend with. What is clear is that this vertical is massive.

I am a shareholder and at the moment quite substantially in the black since my average buy in price is 28c. I take the view that Plexure has a good future.

However I do appreciate Balance’s posts to remind us of an alternative viewpoint

Thanks Balance

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Yep it doesnt hurt to have a little balance in your life. It helps keep an impulsive Bear grounded
    Last edited by RupertBear; 27-09-2019 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    I am a shareholder and at the moment quite substantially in the black since my average buy in price is 28c. I take the view that Plexure has a good future.

However I do appreciate Balance’s posts to remind us of an alternative viewpoint

Thanks Balance
    Pleasure, Brain and glad you appreciate some balance.

I sincerely believe Plexure should take a leaf out of Serko and Xero - talk the story up by all means but be totally open with how the company is going to scale up in terms of revenues, costs and the resulting impact on building up long term sustainable profitability.

This business of not being able to forecast EBITDA - Plexure is either very naive or incompetent as the informed market can be incredibly patient and tolerate short term pain for substantial long term gain.

I hope for shareholders’ sake that it is naivety.
    Last edited by Balance; 30-09-2019 at 04:37 PM.

Investor

Pleasure, Brain and glad you appreciate some balance.

I sincerely believe Plexure should take a leaf out of Serko and Xero - talk the story up by all means but be totally open with how the company is going to scale up in terms of revenues, costs and the resulting impact on building up long term sustainable profitability.

This business of not being able to forecast EBITDA - Plexure is either very naive or incompetent as the informed market can be incredibly patient and tolerate short term pain for substantial long term gain.

I hope for shareholders’ sake that it is naivety.
    Agree with you and hope your assumption is right re EBITDA.

Reduced my exposure last week after ASM by a third to lock in some profits and also to keep some powder dry for any future opportunities.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Hmm anyone else thinking of topping up?

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Hmm anyone else thinking of topping up?
    Have considered it but I already own too many of these things and don't like buying in if I can't see a new reason for the latest weakness. Maybe there is a reason but I haven't seen one. Although PLX does move around quite a bit on pretty low volume.