sharetrader
Page 292 of 689 FirstFirst ... 192242282288289290291292293294295296302342392 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,920 of 6889

[QUOTE=winner69;790642]Finally PLX coming out with sales forecast that meets market Expectations that they are a real growth company

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...109/316374.pdf[/QUO

Good that PLX is generating revenue growth (to be expected actually when it has MacDonalds as its sole major client) but rather telling that :"The Company will not be providing EBIT guidance as the impact of the Company’s expansion plans and platform investment cannot be accurately assessed at this juncture."

It is unacceptable for any company NOT to know the impact of servicing a new major contract - which is what the update sounds to me.

Reminding me of the likes of Provenco & Wynyard - companies landed 'big' contracts which then proceeded to strangle the companies with costs and expenses to service the contracts.

Be careful, folks out there - growth for growth's sake is the philosophy of a virus. Ultimately, left unchecked it will kill the host cells!
    Last edited by Balance; 11-02-2020 at 09:58 AM.

[QUOTE=Balance;790917]
    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Finally PLX coming out with sales forecast that meets market Expectations that they are a real growth company

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...109/316374.pdf[/QUO

Good that PLX is generating revenue growth (to be expected actually when it has MacDonalds as its sole major client) but rather telling that :"The Company will not be providing EBIT guidance as the impact of the Company’s expansion plans and platform investment cannot be accurately assessed at this juncture."

It is unacceptable for any company NOT to know the impact of servicing a new major contract - which is what the update sounds to me.

Reminding me of the likes of Provenco & Wynyard - companies landed 'big' contracts which then proceeded to strangle the companies with costs and expenses to service the contracts.

Be careful, folks out there - growth for growth's sake is the philosophy of a virus. Ultimately, left unchecked it will kill the host cells!
    They have millions in the bank and I think the US hasn't fully kicked into gear. I agree they need to be prudent and we dont want a Wynyard i.e over hiring v confirmed revenue.

My main concern is the company being sold (taken off the table) when it could really scale into the billions.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    Maybe, but it looked totally random over the weekend .

A combination of a significant uplift in average daily turnover and a closing over $0.89 and my infallible software will flag it for me.

Until then when in Porto drink port: https://www.quintadonoval.com/en/
    Hard to beat a good port. Especially in a storm.
    One of your boxes could be ticked today.

[QUOTE=Schrodinger;790942]
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

They have millions in the bank and I think the US hasn't fully kicked into gear. I agree they need to be prudent and we dont want a Wynyard i.e over hiring v confirmed revenue.

My main concern is the company being sold (taken off the table) when it could really scale into the billions.
    Company being sold off - that you don't have to worry about as the promotors and directors had been selling into the 'positive' news! If they believed it had real takeover prospects, they would have held and in fact, been buying.

A company with one major client that is costing it mega-bucks to service - MacDonalds has already effectively taken over the company at a cheap price to service its needs imo.

Most likely acquirer I read its 80% of revenue?

Apparently tech stocks prices globally have risen much faster than sales growth ....rather like the lead up to the big collapse in tech stocks at the turn of the century

PLX sales up 40% odd last year ...share price up 220%
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Apparently tech stocks prices globally have risen much faster than sales growth ....rather like the lead up to the big collapse in tech stocks at the turn of the century

Although is that more because they were perpetually on the verge of running out of money, and now they aren't, rather than as a result of a tech stock bubble?

I remember the days of 3 or 4 capital raises per year, each at lower and lower valuations. They were very uncertain times.

There’s some stocks that go up even more than that based on an idea.

Atleast plexure has growing sales and good North American opportunities. Every trade comes with risks and if you sit back and try justifying why a growth stock doesn’t warrant the markets approval it’s a good way to sit out on short term swing trades and or potential good long entries

Outside thinking.

How could that be? Balance has been continually warning against investing in PLX.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeybycrikey View Post
    Although is that more because they were perpetually on the verge of running out of money, and now they aren't, rather than as a result of a tech stock bubble?
    And even looking marginally profitable??? (it's not all about sales.)

FWIW one of my better investments of late......SP up over 100% up in 2 yrs with my remaining holding de-risked and 'free held'.

As usual DYOR and be responsible for your own decisions.

Outside thinking.

Market update today.....

20/2/2020, 8:32 amMKTUPDTEPlexure Group (NZX: PLX), today announced it will deploy its mobile marketing technology into one of Indonesia’s largest supermarket chains. Plexure will power Super Indo’s mobile engagement platform to deliver deeply personalized offers, messages and loyalty programs that improve customer experience. Super Indo and Plexure are aiming to launch the new technology in March 2020.
    Established in 1997, Super Indo has over 170 stores located across Indonesia, Super Indo is majority owned by Ahold Delhaize, which has a 51 per cent stake in the company. Ahold Delhaize is one of the world’s largest grocery retailers and a global leader in e-commerce. It operates more than 6,500 stores across the United States, Europe and Indonesia, and serves more than 50 million shoppers each week.