sharetrader
Page 294 of 689 FirstFirst ... 194244284290291292293294295296297298304344394 ... LastLast
Results 2,931 to 2,940 of 6889
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Move 'em up and sell 'em down.

You know the drill.
    This morning's announcement kinda undercuts your McD's theory though Balance. This is a step through a very big door.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Move 'em up and sell 'em down.

You know the drill.
    You really do have a chip on both shoulders , Old Girl , don’t you?

Swing trading is an extremely powerful tool if you actually monitor the market on a daily basis and track fundamental and technical changes.

Swing trading let me exit plexure above its last peak above $1 and then to not have my money sitting in it while it remained within a consolidated zone for months.

Obviously you can’t predict when an announcement will happen but if you’re willing to put in effort to track a stock and it’s nature the risk of “‘missing out” vs the benefit of re entering at a dip. You can’t predict where a company will go and I don’t like the idea of sit and hold irrationally , sure it works but it doesn’t work a lot of the time too

I bought @ chunk @ 35c and it went to $1.20 last year. How confident are you on timing? I think from memory there are 10 good trading days in year the rest dont really return anything hence swing trading is a waste of time. Gradually selling small chunks of winners over 10yrs+ is better.

I dont buy into your "consolidation zone" especially for a tech stock.

To highlight how dumb swing trading is: McDonald's today announces they are purchasing PLX for $800M. How does sitting on the sidelines with swing trading help you?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Schrodinger View Post
    I bought @ chunk @ 35c and it went to $1.20 last year. How confident are you on timing? I think from memory there are 10 good trading days in year the rest dont really return anything hence swing trading is a waste of time. Gradually selling small chunks of winners over 10yrs+ is better.

To highlight how dumb swing trading is: McDonald's today announces they are purchasing PLX for $800M. How does sitting on the sidelines with swing trading help you?
    Strawman argument. Why would McD's offer 5x Market Cap? Horses for courses. There is no "right" formula.

You need to read better. I am highlighting that you need to be inthe market to benefit. Using a hybrid swing trade argument means your consolidation zone might tell you to "stay away". Ive seen my holds jump 40% in a day from takeovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Schrodinger View Post

Trust me, McDonalds has done the deal of the century with Plexure - unlimited support* which will cost Plexure dearly so why buy the cow when you can have the milk for bugger all?

* Reason why Plexure cannot forecast its earnings.
    Last edited by Balance; 20-02-2020 at 11:07 AM.

Balance think more strategically. I read somewhere McDs is 80% of their revenue maybe $20M contract per year. At some point its going to be mission critical and they will need to internalise the tech to reduce risk to the business. All roads point to a takeover.

I don’t really need to defend my strategy it’s worked for me and allows me to place a defined risk with every trade I undertake and I actually materialise my profits by making informed decisions about my position sizing.

If you actually read my post properly I said based on fundamentals and technicals not just on the stock chart

Have fun sitting and holding gambling on the idea a stock will keep growing and having your money stuck for months on end whereas you could have shifted it into a bagger. ASX and NZX have more than enough stocks combined to not have to rely on a single stock.
    Last edited by Cadalac123; 20-02-2020 at 11:12 AM.

I am having lots of fun thanks=)