sharetrader
Page 312 of 689 FirstFirst ... 212262302308309310311312313314315316322362412 ... LastLast
Results 3,111 to 3,120 of 6889

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Has balance been given a yellow card or something ...bit quiet last few days
    Busy with home renovations - messy & dusty & expensive!

What do they say about 'A journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step!'?

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    The consulting revenue will be labour intensive which can grow only by hiring more staff. The licensing revenue should be reoccurring and the part which should show very high growth.
    There is no question in my mind that PLX's business is labour intensive and therefore, a high cost to revenue ratio proposition.

How do we know that?

Well, the company boasted of adding on 60 staff in the year up to September 2019 and required another 50 to service the contracts PLX had won. Assuming each staff costs $100k - that's an additional $5m to be added to the staff costs - on top of the $6m already added to the wages bill in 2019. Not counting all the other costs associated with adding on staff.

What contracts had PLX won to that point? There's McD & White Castle.

Does not sound like a Serko or Xero type software business to me where the basic platform is in place & generates recurring & annuity incomes.
    Last edited by Balance; 05-03-2020 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    hi balance

It’s really tough decision exit before or after next results, it’s like flipping a coin in 50/50 chance
    Nobody is going to ring a bell as to when to get on and when to get off a stock - just have to ask shareholders of CBL, Feltex, Plus SMS, Wynyard, Pike River Coal, PEB, Snakk etc etc.

More so when a stock is 'performing'.

All we can do is to analyze what information is available, read between the lines, assess management's track record, keep an eye on who's buying & selling, stock activity - and manage our exposure accordingly.

It's not flipping a coin 50/50 - more like managing your exposure so you sleep well at nights.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

What do they say about 'A journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step!'?

There is no question in my mind that PLX's business is labour intensive and therefore, a high cost to revenue ratio proposition.

How do we know that?

Well, the company boasted of adding on 60 staff in the year up to September 2019 and required another 50 to service the contracts PLX had won. Assuming each staff costs $100k - that's an additional $5m to be added to the staff costs - on top of the $6m already added to the wages bill in 2019. Not counting all the other costs associated with adding on staff.

Does not sound like a Serko or Xero type software business to me where the basic platform is in place & generates recurring & annuity incomes.
    Agree ..it doesn’t sound like a Serko type company ...to much in the way of consulting / servicing etc.. all labour intensive

I think that’s how Lib at JML saw it as well ....sell and move on to something better
    Last edited by winner69; 05-03-2020 at 06:28 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Agree ..it doesn’t sound like a Serko type company ...to much in the way of consulting / servicing etc.. all labour intensive

I think that’s how Lou at JML saw it as well ....sell and move on to something better
    Lib (Infratil) is a very seasoned investor and knows his stuff.

Now why would someone like him leave big money on the table given he has access to good information in Plexure?

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...498/308312.pdf
    Last edited by Balance; 05-03-2020 at 05:52 PM.

Now why would someone like him leave big money on the table given he has access to good information in Plexure?

My one regret with PEB was not bailing out completely when the Masfens sold down a big part of their shareholding (at 60c and $1.20) to the eager beavers out there when PEB started announcing all the great developments in the US with the health industry - and it seemed like the right decision at that time as PEB share price soared ever higher.

Hindsight says the Masfens knew exactly what they were doing.
    Last edited by Balance; 06-03-2020 at 06:52 AM.

How do we know that?

They are still hiring in their website,in balance‘s opinion,they will add 11m in their labor cost in FY2020, if they can achieve the highest target of revenue to 25m, compare to revenue in FY2019 16.9m,um, definitely, they are in huge bleeding

Guru

Couldn't agree more, always follow the money !!

JML capital is still on the share register with 6666461 shares so he has not sold any since.
    I guess it could be argued that he saw a better investment opportunity in September so he sold some of his holding. He has retained a substantial number of shares so possibly thinks Plexure still has legs but is probably not running as fast as before.

Scobie Ward had about 14M shares most of them purchased from Sharbo (the Bradleys ). They appear to be hidden in Forsyth Barr Custodians allocation. No substantial notices from him as far as I can see. With that shareholding he would have very close ties to Plexure. At the last AGM I noticed he received an enthusiastic greeting from Andrew Dalziel at the registration desk. I would assume Scobie is not a mug.
    Last edited by Brain; 06-03-2020 at 05:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    JML capital is still on the share register with 6666461 shares so he has not sold any since.
    I guess it could be argued that he saw a better investment opportunity in September so he sold some of his holding. He has retained a substantial number of shares so possibly thinks Plexure still has legs but is probably not running as fast as before.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Couldn't agree more, always follow the money !!
    Eh, how do you know that JML Capital is still on the register with 6,666,461 shares?

You realize of course that once any shareholding falls below 5% threshold, the shareholder does not have to disclose any further selling?
    Last edited by Balance; 06-03-2020 at 07:15 AM.