sharetrader
Page 34 of 689 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134534 ... LastLast

We've known about the capital raising since December 11. The sort of company that makes this sort of announcement on Auckland anniversary day is the sort of company that releases price sensitive information as soon as possible. The 'certain vmob directors' is no doubt your everyday 'let's show them we are in too' that management are always trying to get across. Vmob is probably the only global McDonalds supplier of ANYTHING that has an mcap of NZ$30m. Holding. Obviously wish I'd grabbed more at 10am.
    Last edited by sommelier; 26-01-2015 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Fact checked date

Those of you on the outside looking in need to remember these guys are smart, sharp, and know the limits, but they are certainly not stupid. If FMA or NZX were prompted to take a look, for certain, the ink would have only dried on the formal agreement on Friday USA time. Posturing/protesting will get you nowhere IMO

Don't hold, won't hold, for similar reasons to moosies continuous monotonous drone

Membaa

You didn't want a part of the company ages ago BFG, so this is hardly the tipping point, and considering you're not a holder, you seem to want to have a part of this everyday.

I think we've got the message, you've made yourself clear. You even said today you'd leave it alone, though admittedly you didn't say for how long, so for a couple of hours it was quite peaceful watching the price rise.

In all seriousness BFG, I don't mean to diminish your enthusiasm for justice and admire your passion for the rights of shareholders. You may even be correct! Do you think it's worth taking up the cause and reporting this blatant manipulation and devious plotting to the SA and the FMA?

Meanwhile, some of us will be cracking open a nice bottle tonight and celebrating VMob's outstanding achievements winning the McDonalds Global contract, and of course a nice reward for supporting the company.

Quote Originally Posted by BFG View Post
    If I was a holder I wouldn't want to have any part in this company whatsoever after today.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    Those of you on the outside looking in need to remember these guys are smart, sharp, and know the limits, but they are certainly not stupid. If FMA or NZX were prompted to take a look, for certain, the ink would have only dried on the formal agreement on Friday USA time. Posturing/protesting will get you nowhere IMO

Don't hold, won't hold, for similar reasons to moosies continuous monotonous drone
    It appears Mr Joyce certainly earns his keep for these kind of companies.

Baa Baa, good to know what side of the ledger you are on. Profits at any/all costs eh? Remember, you haven't made a dime until you hit the sell button

Don't worry, there are interested parties in todays actions. Stay tuned.

Until then...

Surely raising over two trillion dollars was overkill?

Membaa

Well, to suggest I have no values is a long bow drawn too far. The difference in our perspectives I think BFG is:

My focus -- that VMob have an awesome product, perfect market timing, great management, excellent customers and huge potential, that's why I bought into the company. I've waited a long time to achieve an average buy-in 0.013, so that's not too far above the blessed few, apparently.

Your focus -- while you graciously acknowledge some of the virtues above, your fixation on the perceived or real skulduggery of 'certain directors', has not only removed you from any possibility of sharing in this company, but is further embittering you towards the directors and their apparent behaviours that in all likelihood you can do nothing about.

By not fixating on the things I cannot change, does not put me on the "side of the ledger" of "profits at all costs". For heavens sake man, your crusade may be well intentioned but maybe you could start a new thread ... something like "Crucify the corrupt directors" ... and then you and everyone who is equally upset as you can post there.

Meanwhile, I'll take my chances that VMob is outrageously successful simply because it is as I said above.

snip ... Baa Baa, good to know what side of the ledger you are on. Profits at any/all costs eh? Don't worry, there are interested parties in todays actions. Stay tuned ... snip

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    What, broken only one rule! Surely they've broken every rule in the book and every bone in the small investors puny bodies. Only up 118% today. Crikey, what a disappointment.

Oh well, you can still buy them at 0.024 tomorrow, before the Aucklanders realise what's happened while they were sunning themselves today. That's if you're not a bit busy reporting them to the Shareholders Association and the FMA and whoever else will listen.

Just funning ya.
    No excuse, a true investor would be checking his stocks while swimming and tanning.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Well, to suggest I have no values is a long bow drawn too far. The difference in our perspectives I think BFG is:

My focus -- that VMob have an awesome product, perfect market timing, great management, excellent customers and huge potential, that's why I bought into the company. I've waited a long time to achieve an average buy-in 0.013, so that's not too far above the blessed few, apparently.

Your focus -- while you graciously acknowledge some of the virtues above, your fixation on the perceived or real skulduggery of 'certain directors', has not only removed you from any possibility of sharing in this company, but is further embittering you towards the directors and their apparent behaviours that in all likelihood you can do nothing about.

By not fixating on the things I cannot change, does not put me on the "side of the ledger" of "profits at all costs". For heavens sake man, your crusade may be well intentioned but maybe you could start a new thread ... something like "Crucify the corrupt directors" ... and then you and everyone who is equally upset as you can post there.

Meanwhile, I'll take my chances that VMob is outrageously successful simply because it is as I said above.
    If you are the good man that you say you are then you won't mind me applying this quote to you:

"The only thing necessary for triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

I have no qualms about calling a spade a spade. Suggest you think about your holding in VML tonight

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sommelier View Post
    We've known about the capital raising since December 11. The sort of company that makes this sort of announcement on Auckland anniversary day is the sort of company that releases price sensitive information as soon as possible. The 'certain vmob directors' is no doubt your everyday 'let's show them we are in too' that management are always trying to get across. Vmob is probably the only global McDonalds supplier of ANYTHING that has an mcap of NZ$30m. Holding. Obviously wish I'd grabbed more at 10am.
    and they would have been negotiating the McD contract before that. My opinion is we have a good company tainted by dodgy directors. Isn't 1c the lowest it's been in he past 12 months. Yet they don't do a SPP like they have done previously.

Membaa

If you are the good man that you say you are then you won't mind me applying this quote to you:

"The only thing necessary for triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

I have no qualms about calling a spade a spade. Suggest you think about your holding in VML tonight
    Thanks BFG you're too kind ... oh, hang on ... for a moment I thought you said I was a good man, then I saw the 'If'.

Fancy that, questioning my values, principles, character and integrity, all in one day! Perhaps you have confused me with one of the directors you hate so much, instead of a regular guy trying to make a buck on the sharemarket. I hope not, but I think so, because you have insulted not only me but everyone who has the temerity to own VML as well.

And to toss out an Edmund Burke quote, without attribution, says more about you than me.

Stooping to new lows is unbecoming, though perhaps not unexpected, however I wish you all the best in rooting out the evil you so desperately seek, though will undoubtedly try and use others to execute for you, as no one at the FMA that I know would give you the time of day.

I know this won't be your last word on it, but it is my last word, on this .. to you.

All the best,
    BAA