sharetrader
Page 40 of 689 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140540 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by TJP View Post
    Hey guys,

I've been following this VML thread for a while. After I saw the recent VML announcements some members sought to presume VML was dodgy and guilty of breaches against the FMA which I felt it was unfair (Admittedly I also questioned the statement myself).

I office shared with these guys when they were first starting up. (The company I was in was start up as well).

During that time Scott Bradley was very explicit about compliance with the FMA and he took a very serious position regarding any sort malpractice.

I don't know Scott well, but have been present when he has laid down some very direct warnings about any insider trading or any other sort of carry on.

Our company relocated office before the product was properly released, but I have worked with some of the developers there in the past (in other companies). I know these guys have been working bloody hard to get to where they are. There are some smart and dedicated guys there I know that for sure.

I'm certainly hoping that they can take things a lot further, it sounds like the McDs global contract was a real win for them. By the adoption rates it sounds like the product has been successful, at least in the pilot countries.

IMHO the < .02 price to acquire stock might carry high risk. But could also yield a great return.

Holding (small).
    If you lie down with dogs you pick up their flees

Banned

Thanks Harvey, I have noticed the BFG likes to troll a little. That was exactly the point. BFG the "F" is for friendly right?
    It can mean a few things. I'm always the sceptic

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    If you lie down with dogs you pick up their flees
    Indeed. My post was not an endorsement of VML. Merely an my own personal opinion of what I've heard said, and the people I've met.

To label the guys at VML as "dogs" would be an unfair assessment IMHO.

Guru

Indeed. My post was not an endorsement of VML. Merely an my own personal opinion of what I've heard said, and the people I've met.

To label the guys at VML as "dogs" would be an unfair assessment IMHO.
    IMHO they are not all dogs but fleas jump !

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    IMHO they are not all dogs but fleas jump !
    A good flea knows when to jump and which dog to jump to.

I have met scott and a few other guys a few times at investor presentations. I am very interested in this company and I do intend to continue to build upon my rather modest shareholding. My impression from the investor presentations (and the discussions that happen after) is that this is a credible company, with a long term vision and ambition to be the best in what they do. I believe the way the McDonalds contract has gone from the Netherlands, then expanded into Sweden, then the presentation at the McDonalds international Conference as best practice, then securing the Japan contract and then the Holy Grail of a Global McDonalds Contract with immediate roll out in the USA and in a relatively short time frame speaks volumes for the credibility of VMob. McDonalds simply would not sign a Global contract with a minion company from NZ unless they were sure of the credibility of the Company, the CEO, the directors and all associated with the company.

But for my part I believe McDonalds is tip of the iceberg. It gives VMob strong credibility, and together with the work happening with Microsoft, I intend to continue to invest in this company, especially as shares are sub 2 cents each. I believe any company that has a global contract with McDonalds must be worth a lot more that the current capitalisation of $20m (based on share price right at this moment). I do not believe they will stay there for long and the prospects are good. Maybe if some of those who are quick to criticise took the effort to attend investor presentations and talk to the very approachable CEO and directors then they may have a different view of the world of VMob
    Last edited by Monty; 05-02-2015 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    I have met scott and a few other guys a few times at investor presentations. I am very interested in this company and I do intend to continue to build upon my rather modest shareholding. My impression from the investor presentations (and the discussions that happen after) is that this is a credible company, with a long term vision and ambition to be the best in what they do. I believe the way the McDonalds contract has gone from the Netherlands, then expanded into Sweden, then the presentation at the McDonalds international Conference as best practice, then securing the Japan contract and then the Holy Grail of a Global McDonalds Contract with immediate roll out in the USA and in a relatively short time frame speaks volumes for the credibility of VMob. McDonalds simply would not sign a Global contract with a minion company from NZ unless they were sure of the credibility of the Company, the CEO, the directors and all associated with the company.

But for my part I believe McDonalds is tip of the iceberg. It gives VMob strong credibility, and together with the work happening with Microsoft, I intend to continue to invest in this company, especially as shares are sub 2 cents each. I believe any company that has a global contract with McDonalds must be worth a lot more that the current capitalisation of $20m (based on share price right at this moment). I do not believe they will stay there for long and the prospects are good. Maybe if some of those who are quick to criticise took the effort to attend investor presentations and talk to the very approachable CEO and directors then they may have a different view of the world of VMob
    The Edison report suggests at 3.8 cent share price for 2017, assuming 43 customers by then. The overall number of customers may increase beyond that assumption if you include the various McDonalds countries out there. Would be interesting to see their research including full details of the confidential McDonalds agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by robbo24 View Post
    The Edison report suggests at 3.8 cent share price for 2017, assuming 43 customers by then. The overall number of customers may increase beyond that assumption if you include the various McDonalds countries out there. Would be interesting to see their research including full details of the confidential McDonalds agreement.
    I wouldn't read too much into the valuation. The company announced an indicated Average revenue figure a few months back which is purely speculative. The important thing to focus on is the revenue growth and if they disclose combined customer metrics. Most interested in customer usage average basket purchased and % impact on overall retail sales.

I am not expecting them to tell us. Maybe this will be revealed a few years down the track.

I wonder if the valuation considered the prospect of a global contract with McDonalds or instead considered each customer as a mcdonalds about he size of Netherlands / Sweden. If that is the case then the announcements made recently including the Global Brewer Anheuser Busch, Esso in Norway (Global expansion opportunity here as well) plus the companies they listed in their 11Dec2014 investor update (IHG, Avis, Macys, Nike Estee Lauder as prospects) and the benefits of the Microsoft partnership for Azure may blow the predictions out of the water.

In the same update in December VMob advised Annualised Contracted monthly revenue of $2.4m to year end 31 March 2015. I wonder if this is exceeded. I would not be surprised. For instance the monthly licence fee for store is $25 to $50. In Japan there are 3200 McDonalds outlets. that single customer and income stream of Japan there would be between $1m and $2m just from licence fee per store. In the USA there are 14,267 McDonalds outlets. Once the roll out has completed the annual licence fee per USA outlet using the same formula will be between $4.3 and $8.6m per annum.

And this ignores income from the other vmob streams including set up fees, push messaging and redemption commission. Add in down the track the rollout of McDonalds in Europe and Asia (Initial focus will be on the countries with the most McDonalds so approximate 30,000 restaurants and just in annual outlet licence fees from McDonalds the revenue stream would be between $9m and $18m per annum. My question is how long would it take to roll out to the USA and Japan and Europe and Asia. 2-3 years would be my guess.

Membaa

Awesome isn't it, tremendous results, wait till the market wakes up to VML!

In the meantime some people are giving away their shares today for 1.6-1.7 cents. Go figure, I'm shaking out the piggy bank. Wish I had more cash, Sigh.

(That's not meant to be troll bait, but I expect they'll quickly hear the trip trap trip trap of feet over their cynical bridge.)