sharetrader
Page 407 of 689 FirstFirst ... 307357397403404405406407408409410411417457507 ... LastLast
Results 4,061 to 4,070 of 6889

Quote Originally Posted by Lion_graf View Post
    Nope, sharesies. Market depth shows me all these little grabbers buying 1 or 2 shares and getting through. How can they go through but not someone with a big parcel.

Question is with no sellers until the $1.80 mark is it possible this is going to have a pull back? How can we get in again? Pe of 225 already.. no news apart from what was already known..

Had an order for 1.390 that took two weeks to complete..

Really enjoyed the quarterly update posted on youtube a few days ago.
    If you are doing decent sized trades you would probably find ASB or Direct Broking cheaper. You get free market depth. That saves you $60 pa right off the bat. Let alone the other annual fees with Sharesies

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    I’m not sure whether you’re talking about PLX, possibly not, but today was a schooling in supply demand. It was plainly obvious the sell side was thin and spread out, conversely the buy side was tight and stacked. You only need a couple of punters to step into the ask, and that leaves all the bids behind. When this happens, if you want some you have to match the ask, at market. Pussy footing around a click or two behind the bid and look what happens! Tomorrow it costs a lot more. I’d expect the ask side to fill below where it is now, But the base is reset to ATH, with the IPO and ASX listing around the corner. FOMO is real.
    I certainly wish I had put the bid up 1 cent but I was busy all day and didn't have time to check market activity. However, I don't have FOMO. I already own a decent portion of shares and I know there will be other opportunities. Especially, if Trump crashes the US market again and it flows over into New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    YESSSS. It may simply be the way Direct Broking are reporting the trades but it seems to me that I have had a lot of very frustrating trades where I can see other trades going through and my trade is overlooked.
    Yesterday I noticed one trade that said the order hadn't been filled, but I had seen that exact quantity and price go through. When I looked at the trades it said that it had traded but the orders showed that 0 had gone through.

It's the hassle of setting up an account that puts me off but it would be worth it...
    what was the ticker tango?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    Are you with direct broking? I am having serious doubts about their systems. I will see my order sitting there and others being processed and I am beginning to wonder if their system is broken
    Don't be afraid to ring them on 0800 805777 to chase them along, if you feel your order is not actioned when it should be.
    As you probably already know, your order is time stamped, even if you alter it, and if an unreasonable time passes, where you have met the market, like 10 minutes, you can ask for compensation.

Always remember though, that say your order is at the top of the que at $1.41 to buy, and trades are going through at that price, it may be because someone is flicking in orders to buy @ $1.42 to beat you.

Direct broking is absolutely horrendous. The amount of money you pay per trade you should get good service. I’m almost looking to head to sharesies..

Quote Originally Posted by Checkmate View Post
    Direct broking is absolutely horrendous. The amount of money you pay per trade you should get good service. I’m almost looking to head to sharesies..
    I switched from asb to direct, the saving of 1% per trade comes at the cost of order execution ive found

Bit of a pull back this am

I can't complain with sharesies. Can easily have the market depth from ASB. And then an annual fee of 30 a year is nothing.

The user friendliness and ability to buy smaller parcels while I'm at work (nice big font). Takes me about 5 clicks to see market depth and place an order giving me the ability to average down on stocks like ATM recently when I'm unsure how much further it will drop 😎.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Lion_graf View Post
    I can't complain with sharesies. Can easily have the market depth from ASB. And then an annual fee of 30 a year is nothing.
    I prefer to own the shares in my name.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    I prefer to own the shares in my name.
    Fair enough. Apart from shareholder voting I've still managed to be a guest at most AGMs. Not worried if sharesies goes bankrupt, money is still held in a custodial.