sharetrader
Page 467 of 690 FirstFirst ... 367417457463464465466467468469470471477517567 ... LastLast
Results 4,661 to 4,670 of 6894
    Banned

Lol....just kidding around.... follow baabaa on HGH thread...gltah...

I'll be back!!

what you think , big impact on plex ad model

Apple’s seismic change to the mobile ad industry is drawing near, and it’s rocking the ecosystem

It’s expected to drastically impact the ability of advertisers to target ads the way they have been

The fear among app makers is that many users will turn off the ad tracking capabilities of an app when they see the pop-up warning and blow up their business model of letting advertisers effectively target and measure ads and their effectiveness on the iPhone

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/15/appl...raws-near.html
    Last edited by bull....; 16-12-2020 at 07:11 AM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post

Apple’s seismic change to the mobile ad industry is drawing near, and it’s rocking the ecosystem

It’s expected to drastically impact the ability of advertisers to target ads the way they have been

The fear among app makers is that many users will turn off the ad tracking capabilities of an app when they see the pop-up warning and blow up their business model of letting advertisers effectively target and measure ads and their effectiveness on the iPhone

This could be concerning.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post

Can you explain more please? What ad model does px1 have?
    the app user surely gives permission to receive notifications/ads etc. when the app is opened for the first time.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysleeper11 View Post
    Can you explain more please? What ad model does px1 have?
    the app user surely gives permission to receive notifications/ads etc. when the app is opened for the first time.
    My thoughts exactly. The app itself is the ad so if people dont want it, they would just delete the app.

I don't think you are getting fed third party ads within the app which is what that change is targeting.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Banned

Don't even discuss it...it will create a sell off.

More opportunities to top up 😉

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    My thoughts exactly. The app itself is the ad so if people dont want it, they would just delete the app.

I don't think you are getting fed third party ads within the app which is what that change is targeting.
    Importantly with the change iPhone users will see pop-up window in each app that warns users that an app is tracking their data for advertising purposes. This would be when an app is collecting data and measuring that data to understand how effective targeted ads are on its users Iphones.

I don't believe Plexure personalization for each customer would be affected, as it would be an inbuilt part of the software and not for advertising purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hello123 View Post
    Importantly with the change iPhone users will see pop-up window in each app that warns users that an app is tracking their data for advertising purposes. This would be when an app is collecting data and measuring that data to understand how effective targeted ads are on its users Iphones.

I don't believe Plexure personalization for each customer would be affected, as it would be an inbuilt part of the software and not for advertising purposes.

I also think so because Plexure personalises deals based on what the customer has purchased in the past. I dont recall seeing advertisements for other companies on the mcdonalds app. Also even on android when you first download the app it prompts you if it can access your location and that hasnt stopped millions of people using the app as most people allow this because if they didn't they would be not able to redeem deals. Discl: I hold some plexure shares

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

So distracted with ATM today I didnt notice this had gone down to $1.13 Stinker!