sharetrader
Page 516 of 690 FirstFirst ... 16416466506512513514515516517518519520526566616 ... LastLast
Results 5,151 to 5,160 of 6896

Quote Balance⁸
    The ultimate of course was Plus SMS - now that is THE story of total deceit and skulduggery of the highest order!

Not saying that PX1 is in any of the above category at all but I always take what companies & management say with big pinches of salt, especially when they fail to deliver what they ‘promised’.
    Didn't that Plus SMS rave on about McDonalds and lots of new customers coming on board ....with zillions of consumer touch points

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Didn't that Plus SMS rave on about McDonalds and lots of new customers coming on board ....with zillions of consumer touch points
    There were new signings every second week & with each signing, the numbers got bigger and the sp went ever higher, remember?

I was at a table with a group of lawyers & accountants at a function in Wellington around that time and most of them were invested in Plus SMS & talking about how it was going to become a multi billion company. One accountant was a high profile well known Wellington personality who many in the market followed.

Imagine - seasoned lawyers & accountants sucked into the hype.
    Last edited by Balance; 23-05-2021 at 12:26 PM.

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Up to every one to be careful and cautious out there.

Put it this way - I have personally witnessed MDs/CEOs lied to the media, to analysts & to their broker mates. They will do anything when their back is to the wall or their $$$$ are at stake.

I recall an infamous case where a MD of a high profile company told all & sundry that his company was doing fine (after an earnings downgrade) and he was unavailable for further comments as he had a health issue which needed sorting out. He sold all of his shares via a close broker friend who regurgitated his assurances to investors. Share price collapsed 75% after it became known & the earnings downgrades kept coming.

Then, there’s Feltex where the company assured a broking firm & clients at a presentation all was fine a month or so before the company started going into receivership.

The ultimate of course was Plus SMS - now that is THE story of total deceit and skulduggery of the highest order!

Not saying that PX1 is in any of the above category at all but I always take what companies & management say with big pinches of salt, especially when they fail to deliver what they ‘promised’.
    Company management doing deception is still understandable ...But I am more worried about so called independent analysts of famous brokerage houses doing it . What good is an analysis if its based on hearsay especially from interested parties like management and shareholders ??

Then media plays a role in spreading that myth and dupe investors .

MYB and HMY are prime examples of brokerages favouring management at the expense of investors .

Doing your own research and believing in yourself most is the only way to avoid this murky path of deception shown regularly by analysts for their own ulterior motives ...when an analysts quotes management then that itself is shady business IMHO ....Management need share company info only via NZX announcements ...not thru analysts .

Just remember that stock broking firms make more money as a general rule from investment banking (IPOs, M & A, corporate advisory, placements etc) than stockbroking - so analysts & brokers will avoid putting out negative reports on companies until the companies are well & truly buggered.

Such is the way of the world so always take that into consideration.

OK so it’s back up now, people just bought the dip?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Checkmate View Post
    OK so it’s back up now, people just bought the dip?
    Not people ...idiots

Not worth my time to label this chart everyone with an IQ of 0 upwards can figure this chart out.
    Buying into the DCB investing strategy is not worth the risk ..a 10% gain if your timing is immaculate ....that sort of immaculate timing needs divine help

Last edited by Hoop; 25-05-2021 at 02:13 PM.

Obviously my IQ is below 0, but your attachment does not work, would you specify why anyone who purchased while it was down is an idiot?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Not people ...idiots

Not worth my time to label this chart everyone with an IQ of 0 upwards can figure this chart out.
    Buying into the DCB investing strategy is not worth the risk ..a 10% gain if your timing is immaculate ....that sort of immaculate timing needs divine help

Thanks for editing your post, it’s now possible to view the attached chart. People buying the dip aren’t necessarily trying to make a quick 10%, rather they may well see plexure as a good long term investment and the further 10% discount offered last week was a good opportunity to accumulate.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by carpfish View Post
    Obviously my IQ is below 0, but your attachment does not work, would you specify why anyone who purchased while it was down is an idiot?
    "..was down.." is a past tense ....You should edit your sentence to the present tense "..is going down.."
    Hopefully my charts works now and shows a purchase of shares at any time during the last 6 months would be worth less now..(except for the latest DCB)
    DCB = Dead Cat Bounce this short term profit making strategy that works best during a prolonged down trending stock

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    "..was down.." is a past tense ....You should edit your sentence to the present tense "..is going down.."
    Hopefully my charts works now and shows a purchase of shares at any time during the last 6 months would be worth less now..(except for the latest DCB)
    DCB = Dead Cat Bounce this short term profit making strategy that works best during a prolonged down trending stock
    Agreed, it is going down, but if your a believer in the company and you are holding it for the long term it’s been a great opportunity to accumulate, and will continue to be so. The fact that weak hands are selling doesn’t mean everyone should do the same, I would look at it more like anyone who sold, because there wasn’t a new customer announced was an idiot, there was never going to be a customer announced with the annual results, a customer will be announced when a customer is signed, they will not sit on it, let’s see where this is at in 12,18, 36months. Add a large customer or 2 in the next year and the share price will be where it was 6 months ago in no time.