sharetrader
Page 517 of 689 FirstFirst ... 17417467507513514515516517518519520521527567617 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,170 of 6889
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by carpfish View Post
    Thanks for editing your post, it’s now possible to view the attached chart. People buying the dip aren’t necessarily trying to make a quick 10%, rather they may well see plexure as a good long term investment and the further 10% discount offered last week was a good opportunity to accumulate.
    It will be a good opportunity if the shareprice trend reverses to the upside (a higher high, a higher low)..There is no evidence yet to see this is happening...until it does, a recent buyer is living on optimism,hope, speculation and self opinionated assumptions...all of these can be seen as a recipe of high risk investing of a gambling nature..
    best of luck Carpfish..hope it works out...
    For me I will wait for TA buy signals
    Disc: ex shareholder

PS..sorry if I come across being a bit blunt..but the markets can be very cruel
    Last edited by Hoop; 25-05-2021 at 02:39 PM.

as Mr P said -the market giveth but the market also taketh away

Your chart Hoop says the market giveth heaps but as taketh away heaps
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Does TA even work on a company like PX1? What's the point in looking at a 6 month chart on a company that was dependent on a signing of a new customer. Forbar say new customer in H1. TA won't tell us that SP will rocket after that but everyone knows it will

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Does TA even work on a company like PX1? What's the point in looking at a 6 month chart on a company that was dependent on a signing of a new customer. Forbar say new customer in H1. TA won't tell us that SP will rocket after that but everyone knows it will
    chart could be telling us there ain't any new customer coming on board any time soon

and it could even give signals when one is imminent

Forbar very 'colourful' with their language eh

Agreed, it is going down, but if your a believer in the company and you are holding it for the long term it’s been a great opportunity to accumulate, and will continue to be so. The fact that weak hands are selling doesn’t mean everyone should do the same, I would look at it more like anyone who sold, because there wasn’t a new customer announced was an idiot, there was never going to be a customer announced with the annual results, a customer will be announced when a customer is signed, they will not sit on it, let’s see where this is at in 12,18, 36months. Add a large customer or 2 in the next year and the share price will be where it was 6 months ago in no time.
    I highlighted two key phrases in above post. One can find these plenty of times in any thread talking about falling stocks. Obviously - some people think it is good to "believe" (i.e. ignore facts, just believe and trust) in companies and they think as well that people who sell shares in order to make money or cut losses have weak hands. Funny logic - I would prefer to have "weak hands" and money in the bank instead of having "strong hands" but empty pockets.

Anyway - the ATM thread would be another excellent example for these phrases. I think it might be a mixture of indications for the endowment effect and desperation which makes people using these phases

Obviously - the trend chart (Thanks, hoop) says it all, but in case anybody is still in doubt whether they want to buy in NOW, these two key phrases should act like a large field of red flags.
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 25-05-2021 at 03:06 PM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Hmmm so according to Hoop people who bought on the dip were “Not people ...idiots

Hmmm and according to carpfish “
    anyone who sold, because there wasn’t a new customer announced was an idiot”

Hmm oh dear i guess that means The Bear really is an idiot
    Last edited by RupertBear; 25-05-2021 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    I highlighted two key phrases in above post. One can find these plenty of times in any thread talking about falling stocks. Obviously - some people think it is good to "believe" (i.e. ignore facts, just believe and trust) in companies and they think as well that people who sell shares in order to make money or cut losses have weak hands. Funny logic - I would prefer to have "weak hands" and money in the bank instead of having "strong hands" but empty pockets.

Anyway - the ATM thread would be another excellent example for these phrases. I think it might be a mixture of indications for the endowment effect and desperation which makes people using these phases

Obviously - the trend chart (Thanks, hoop) says it all, but in case anybody is still in doubt whether they want to buy in NOW, these two key phrases should act like a large field of red flags.

“ "Unless you can watch your stock holding decline by 50% without becoming panic-stricken, you should not be in the stock market." -Warren Buffett.”

To me the company hasn’t changed significantly since I purchased it 2 years ago, yes the share price has gone down but that doesn’t change the company. Granted, they have not produced the new customers, but just like I was happy to wait for new customers a year ago I am also happy to wait now.

“ "Unless you can watch your stock holding decline by 50% without becoming panic-stricken, you should not be in the stock market." -Warren Buffett.”
    Good quote - though, Warren tends to ignore his own quotes, just think about him buying into airlines after trashing them. In this case he better would have followed his quotes.

But anyway - while a successful company might well dip by 50% (as he indicates) - the fact it is dipping does not guarantee you that it will be a successful company.

But what's worse is - Buffett would never ever buy into a company with such a high premium on assets and consistently producing losses. I don't think the use of his quote is appropriate in the context of PX1.

To me the company hasn’t changed significantly since I purchased it 2 years ago, yes the share price has gone down but that doesn’t change the company. Granted, they have not produced the new customers, but just like I was happy to wait for new customers a year ago I am also happy to wait now.
    So - they promised this customer and it didn't arrive. You say you are as happy as the first year to wait? For how many more years?

Just curious - do you have a stop loss or is there anything which would make you sell? When would your picture of the company change? A broken promise - well, obviously not? Twice broken promise? Triple broken promise? Doing a Wynyard?

Just trying to understand your strategy ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Hmmm so according to Hoop people who bought on the dip were “Not people ...idiots

Hmmm and according to carpfish “
    anyone who sold, because there wasn’t a new customer announced was an idiot”

Hmm oh dear i guess that means The Bear really is an idiot
    By definition then, every share sold in the last six months was bought by an idiot. That’s a lot of shares and a lot of idiots, including the cap raising!!

😂

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    By definition then, every share sold in the last six months was bought by an idiot. That’s a lot of shares and a lot of idiots, including the cap raising!!

😂
    Most of the cap raise was aussies ...new investors we are told ....maybe they are now thinking they were idiots after all.

wish the media would do away with that photo of Herbie that pops up with every story .....the big smirk that says you idiots got sucked in good and proper eh is just too much.