sharetrader
Page 523 of 689 FirstFirst ... 23423473513519520521522523524525526527533573623 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,230 of 6889
    Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Excellent posts thanks Percy

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    ...The business model is not all that complicated...
    So, in one sentence, what is it that they do do?
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post

They create digital bonds to secure more tightly the weak-minded to the avaricious.

Advanced Member

Plexure and their clients have figured out that an increasing proportion of the global population use their phones for everything.

I remember myself and many others asking the same question about Snakk. I would be happy for a 4 sentence explanation that is not laced with jargon.

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    I remember myself and many others asking the same question about Snakk. I would be happy for a 4 sentence explanation that is not laced with jargon.
    I'll have a go. They make and run apps which push personalised advertising and offers to users by bringing together multiple data sources. For example, you might get $2 off a burger pop up on your phone as you walk near a restaurant around lunch time, or an offer on ice creams on a hot day, or a special deal on your favourite supermarket snack when you haven't visited for a couple of weeks. This helps bring people into the customer's shops or restaurants and keeps people coming back. They also use data analytics to see how effective various campaigns actually are.

Importantly - they do such a good of bringing people in and making them spend that McDonald's bought a stake in the company to stop them sharing the secret sauce with close competitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    Looking at the last annual report, Plexure looks to me like a company that can generate cash from its operations and has potential for significant global growth. Its worth a punt at this point IMO even if it operates in a nebulous area of digital marketing. What they are trying to do for their customers is very clear. Its also clear that that form of marketing/customer engagement works to some extent. I don't understand the problem? You don't need to understand the business to the extent that you personally could recreate it.

Quote Originally Posted by mfd View Post

Importantly - they do such a good of bringing people in and making them spend that McDonald's bought a stake in the company to stop them sharing the secret sauce with close competitors.
    You mean - McDonalds is for them what JBS is for Scott Technology? A corner stone shareholder interested in controlling and using the technology without the need to share any of the benefits with the retail shareholders (Scott is growing revenue, but not earnings since JBS took over)?

Or maybe they are for Plexure what foodstuffs was for the Warehouse - just a spanner in the wheels to prevent any undue business decisions which would be bad for the cornerstone shareholder without regard for the interest of any retail shareholders?

Not sure whether I would see the McDonalds holding as a benefit if I would hold as well ... it is clearly a significant impediment for them to do business with a huge number of otherwise potential customers in case whatever they are selling is good, and it certainly doesn't looks like that the McDonald business is compensating them sufficiently for the disadvantage of not being allowed to do business with others. Their books seem to be pretty consistently in the red ...
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 05-06-2021 at 03:25 PM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    Looking at the last annual report, Plexure looks to me like a company that can generate cash from its operations and has potential for significant global growth. Its worth a punt at this point IMO even if it operates in a nebulous area of digital marketing. What they are trying to do for their customers is very clear. Its also clear that that form of marketing/customer engagement works to some extent. I don't understand the problem? You don't need to understand the business to the extent that you personally could recreate it.
    Thats my thinking too.

My only concern, and its always been a concern, is that they make more money for their customers than they do for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by mfd View Post
    I'll have a go. They make and run apps which push personalised advertising and offers to users by bringing together multiple data sources. For example, you might get $2 off a burger pop up on your phone as you walk near a restaurant around lunch time, or an offer on ice creams on a hot day, or a special deal on your favourite supermarket snack when you haven't visited for a couple of weeks. This helps bring people into the customer's shops or restaurants and keeps people coming back. They also use data analytics to see how effective various campaigns actually are.

That seems to me to be a really good explanation. - well done. I bought into this company before McDonalds took a stake. I have sold down in recent months and now retain a small shareholding so that I can keep an eye on it.

My concern is their ability to make money. They probably have 200M app users which is about 3% of the planets population and they struggle to make a profit and get new customers on board. The concerns that posters have of Maccas having a stranglehold on the company could be credible.

It seems to me that what they do may well be labour intensive with regard to customer customisation and this will be a brake on the growth even when they do get a new customer.