sharetrader
Page 524 of 689 FirstFirst ... 24424474514520521522523524525526527528534574624 ... LastLast
Results 5,231 to 5,240 of 6889

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post

My concern is their ability to make money. They probably have 200M app users which is about 3% of the planets population and they struggle to make a profit and get new customers on board....

No Brain .....more than 200 million users ...that’s old news

It’s 224 million end-users spread across 64 countries ... that was year end so prob close to 250 million now

That’s an awful lot of users eh

Did you also see that the punters who join loyalty programs spend 7 trillion dollars annually ...that’s a lot of bucks eh
    Last edited by winner69; 05-06-2021 at 04:29 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I suppose as I supposedly suffer from this ‘endowment effect’ when it comes to Plexure then I must be truly attached (maybe even in love) with them

They’re mine .....and nobody taking them off me ....at any price.

Doesn’t stop me getting grumpy with them for not performing that well

percy

Time for you to reflect on your investment skills.W69
    Think of it as your day of judgement.
    Time to think of "conviction".
    In your case this is easy.
    Do you have the "conviction" to recommend this stock to your bowling club mates.?,

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    No Brain .....more than 200 million users ...that’s old news

It’s 224 million end-users spread across 64 countries ... that was year end so prob close to 250 million now

That’s an awful lot of users eh

Did you also see that the punters who join loyalty programs spend 7 trillion dollars annually ...that’s a lot of bucks eh
    It is a lot of users and Plexure should be clipping the ticket handsomely on that but obviously aren’t. I would think the revenue stream would be related to the number of successful transactions. I have no understanding on what the reoccurring revenue is based on.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Time for you to reflect on your investment skills.W69
    Think of it as your day of judgement.
    Time to think of "conviction".
    In your case this is easy.
    Do you have the "conviction" to recommend this stock to your bowling club mates.?,
    I did percy, and now they not talking to me

But your question is would I today ......I’d tell them if they want to double or treble their money Plexure could be a good go ....but alsoj tell them it’s no certainty and if they can’t take a bit of disappointment along the way then it’s not for them. But

Quote Originally Posted by porkandpuha View Post
    ....My only concern, and its always been a concern, is that they make more money for their customers than they do for themselves.
    "They make more money for their customers than they do for themselves" - that is a sign of a great company with a great future.

Membaa

The chart is encouraging after a long volatile period and down trend, the tide may have turned. Log scale Daily, down trend channel breakout, 9/21 EMA crossover-up, stalled at the 50EMA resistance close to the 61.8% Fib retrace. Not showing the basic indicators, though they're not stretched at this point. Might take a bit of working through this, perhaps even a backtest of the breakout. My $0.66's are looking good so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    That seems to me to be a really good explanation. - well done. I bought into this company before McDonalds took a stake. I have sold down in recent months and now retain a small shareholding so that I can keep an eye on it.

My concern is their ability to make money. They probably have 200M app users which is about 3% of the planets population and they struggle to make a profit and get new customers on board. The concerns that posters have of Maccas having a stranglehold on the company could be credible.

It seems to me that what they do may well be labour intensive with regard to customer customisation and this will be a brake on the growth even when they do get a new customer.
    They are negotiating with McDonald’s for the better deal

PX1 is confident of changing its contract with McDonald's to align more with user
    growth on its platform, with resolution expected by September 2021.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I suppose as I supposedly suffer from this ‘endowment effect’ when it comes to Plexure then I must be truly attached (maybe even in love) with them
    They’re mine .....and nobody taking them off me ....at any price.
    Doesn’t stop me getting grumpy with them for not performing that well
    Crikey, sounds like me on the ATM thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    The chart is encouraging after a long volatile period and down trend, the tide may have turned. Log scale Daily, down trend channel breakout, 9/21 EMA crossover-up, stalled at the 50EMA resistance close to the 61.8% Fib retrace. Not showing the basic indicators, though they're not stretched at this point. Might take a bit of working through this, perhaps even a backtest of the breakout. My $0.66's are looking good so far.
    Cool chart....thanks.

I recall the days when XRO was talking Millions of customers and making a loss. At least the PX1 business model is making a few bucks on their zillions of users....so far.

Still a risky share (until they get another one or two more BIG clients) and always a good strategy to de-risk by lowering your DCA hold price.

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    "They make more money for their customers than they do for themselves" - that is a sign of a great company with a great future.
    Well, the secret is having a win-win relationship. If they make lots of money for their customers but losses for themselves (as they do), than this is not a win-win but a win-lose .
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)