sharetrader
Page 525 of 689 FirstFirst ... 25425475515521522523524525526527528529535575625 ... LastLast
Results 5,241 to 5,250 of 6889
    Membaa

The company traded to profitability then announced the growth strategy, raised millions and are getting on with it. All this is disclosed, if you don’t like the strategy, get out or stay out, simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    The company traded to profitability then announced the growth strategy, raised millions and are getting on with it. All this is disclosed, if you don’t like the strategy, get out or stay out, simple.
    I think the timing of reaching profitability , and then the subsequent capital raise was a little convenient. I think their forecasting showed them their IT costs were about to blow that profit out of the water the next year , as their Large customers started ramping up usage. hence they shifted to “growth”. fast forward almost a year and all we have is Pita pit (NZ only!)

I believe their cost structure has not been setup properly for large growth.

can someone please tell me where super indos revenue is ?

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    I went to 2018 ASM and all I heard was about their strategy of changing gear into growth mode ...like real growth ..they had just finished a strategic review and had a “refreshed story” to tell

Is last years ‘growth strategy’ a new strategy?
    Last edited by winner69; 06-06-2021 at 12:31 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

If McDonalds make up say $25m of Plexures revenues and Plexure have a revenue target of $100m in a few years time it sort of suggests they need at least another two McDonald sized customers as well as a few smaller ones.

I look forward to a steady stream of announcements

And if all the people they’ve got are to support future business etc etc etc it’s possible that $100m revenues could turn into $30m profit ...... billion dollar company here we come.

Do old people (those over 35) use the apps and things that Plexure develop and support -- or is all this just for youngsters

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Do old people (those over 35) use the apps and things that Plexure develop and support -- or is all this just for youngsters
    Geeez winner as I have gotten older, old is now over 85

Sheesh I am on the elder side of Gen Y and this is the first time I think someone has referred to me as "old".

I would think a lot of Plexures staff are actually Gen Y themselves. And society will age themselves into this type of marketing to the point you can ask in 10 years if anyone over 45 uses the apps..

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Geeez winner as I have gotten older, old is now over 85
    It's just that marketing people think 35 is old ......... some reports say that only 10% of advertising spend is targeted to adults aged 35-64 and even less targeted at over 65. ............ despite the fact that those over 50 account for a large percentage of spend.

One marketing guru Alex Murrell says “the over 50s are one of the largest, wealthiest and most underserved audiences available and the fact that the over 50s are so dramatically under-represented in our advertising appears to be commercially reckless.”

A guy called Bob Hoffman who doesn't think much of marketers said - “Marketers, it seems, would rather pander fruitlessly to young people than make real money selling things to old people. The idea of people over 50 driving their cars, drinking their coffee, eating their hamburgers, and wearing their sneakers is so appalling and such an embarrassment that they willfully ignore and disparage the most valuable economic group in the history of the world.”

Then there's others who argue that marketing is 'aspirational' (get people to buy things) and the aged (over 35) aspire to be young and if they buy things targeted at the young they feel young -- that's a load of crock eh.

We'll be OK Rupert because when you’re old (whatever age this is) you don’t give a **** and we have the confidence that comes with age. We know by now what really matters in life.

Back on topic and Plexure - Mum's and dads and grandma and granddad seem to be a rather large part of McDonalds business - do they use apps that Plexure develop?

One marketing guru
    Last edited by winner69; 07-06-2021 at 01:50 PM.

Advanced Member

It's just that marketing people think 35 is old ......... some reports say that only 10% of advertising spend is targeted to adults aged 35-64 and even less targeted at over 65. ............ despite the fact that those over 50 account for a large percentage of spend.

One marketing guru Alex Murrell says “the over 50s are one of the largest, wealthiest and most underserved audiences available and the fact that the over 50s are so dramatically under-represented in our advertising appears to be commercially reckless.”

A guy called Bob Hoffman who doesn't think much of marketers said - “Marketers, it seems, would rather pander fruitlessly to young people than make real money selling things to old people. The idea of people over 50 driving their cars, drinking their coffee, eating their hamburgers, and wearing their sneakers is so appalling and such an embarrassment that they willfully ignore and disparage the most valuable economic group in the history of the world.”

Then there's others who argue that marketing is 'aspirational' (get people to buy things) and the aged (over 35) aspire to be young and if they buy things targeted at the young they feel young -- that's a load of crock eh.

We'll be OK Rupert because when you’re old (whatever age this is) you don’t give a **** and we have the confidence that comes with age. We know by now what really matters in life.

Back on topic and Plexure - Mum's and dads and grandma and granddad seem to be a rather large part of McDonalds business - do they use apps that Plexure develop?

One marketing guru
    There are marketing companies out there for the 50+. They created websites for the elderly, like grabone , Grabaseat.....those comes to mind for me. Most elderly are wealthy for a reason.

They generally don't spend impulsively on stuff they don't need and I have witnessed them barter at stores for discounts. I feel that is creative. I also guess they are at that stage of life where they are saving, rather than spending.

Quote Originally Posted by porkandpuha View Post
    Sheesh I am on the elder side of Gen Y and this is the first time I think someone has referred to me as "old".

I would think a lot of Plexures staff are actually Gen Y themselves. And society will age themselves into this type of marketing to the point you can ask in 10 years if anyone over 45 uses the apps..
    And no doubt Plexure are already working out how to seduce Generation Alpha — kids under 10 as AdAge put it “the tech-savvy young children of Millennials whose rising influence could soon make Gen Z an afterthought,”

Let's say Plexure is in the right space