sharetrader
Page 533 of 689 FirstFirst ... 33433483523529530531532533534535536537543583633 ... LastLast
Results 5,321 to 5,330 of 6889
    Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    Don't you think that would seriously undermine Plexure's credibility? It would undermine it with me. What are they if their tech offering isn't an easy sell to their cornerstone shareholder and largest customer?
    McD's USA has never been a customer. If you look into the ownership model of McDonalds worldwide, you'll see that the corporate parent owns relatively few stores and does not dictate the information technologies that store owners (franchisee's) use. The country parent has more say in their country, than the Corp from my observation

Do people realise or know how 'sticky' these Apps are, and particularly the back-end platform technology (where the real magic happens)? Once they're installed and running marketing campaigns, getting the customer to change platforms is massively disruptive.

Not to say it can't or won't happen, it's just not as easy as you imply. I don't understand why now you think this undermines Plexure's credibility ... nothing new has happened with McD's USA ergo, you'd have to say that credibility in your eyes was undermined long long ago?

My guess is that if Plexure hypothetically secured all McD's worldwide, there'd be a whole new bunch of reasons to moan about them, like the chorus of "single client risk" which some say is already excessive.

Outside thinking.

I would have thought that if PX1 is not driving the MacD's loyalty launch in the USA, then this info would be materially significant to PX1 holders and announced accordingly
    Crikey! Sssoooo PX1 should announce things that haven't happened.....

Here's some suggestions...

PX1 is pleased to announce it had nothing to do with the Black Caps win last night.
    PX1 is pleased to announce it has not achieved $100 mill revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    McD's USA has never been a customer. If you look into the ownership model of McDonalds worldwide, you'll see that the corporate parent owns relatively few stores and does not dictate the information technologies that store owners (franchisee's) use. ...
    Sure, it doesn't dictate, but you would think they would be very influential. Wouldn't you? And would you not think they would say " hey you should look at these guys who are the bomb in this space". You don't think it tells you something critical about Plexure?

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    ... PX1 is pleased to announce it had nothing to do with the Black Caps win last night.
    PX1 is pleased to announce it has not achieved $100 mill revenue.

Not wanting to be critical of your post Left Field but I don't think those three things are comparable. Do you?

Membaa

Sure, it doesn't dictate, but you would think they would be very influential. Wouldn't you? And would you not think they would say " hey you should look at these guys who are the bomb in this space". You don't think it tells you something critical about Plexure?
    How would you know that they're not saying exactly that? How would you know whether they were saying that. There's no way that is knowable. What's the point of your message?

However, I seriously doubt that Plexure has any role in the MyMcDonalds USA rollout. Happy to be pleasantly surprised, but I am not expecting it at all.
    I would agree with everything here.

PX1 have agreements with McDonalds in many countries but US hasn't been one. I would like to hope that Plexure has something to do with this MyMcDonalds app but I think it's unlikely. And if it were happening, I would expect to see a bump in the SP by now. News leaks out and PX1 can move on pretty low volume.

I’ve been doing a bit of research on Plexure over the last month, and have a question Baa Baa.

Can these guys can deliver a product whereby a business/client can “bolt on” their tech under a SAS model?

Thanks

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aperitif View Post
    ....under a SAS model?....
    SAS as in SAS [ https://www.sas.com/en_my/home.html ] ?

or did you mean

SaaS: Software as a Service

or did you mean something else ?

Special Air Service?
    Scandinavian Airlines Systems?
    etc...
    om mani peme hum

How would you know that they're not saying exactly that? How would you know whether they were saying that. There's no way that is knowable. What's the point of your message?
    My naïve assumption would be that Plexture could invest a chunk of money developing a marketing app thing for an international company like McDonalds and with a bit of tweaking it could be rolled out across all the branches/franchises across the world. Sure, you would have to change the language, the pictures of chubby smiling consumers, but the basic thing would be reproducible. Afterall McDonalds, for example, sells exactly the same unappetizing stuff in Paris as it does in New York. If you have spent a chunk of money developing a McDonalds marketing app for Japan and McDonalds USA thinks its better value to get someone else to develop a McDonalds marketing app for the USA, what exactly has Plexure developed for McDonalds? If it doesn't transfer between countries, how well does it transfer in any other aspect? Are they developing anything of any value or are they just a service industry?

Let's do some fact check before we guess what's going on here.

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/260004

It seems the US market is part of the deal. I only remembered the CEO said China is the big market excluded in the contract with McDonald. Please correct me if I am wrong.

If Plexrue has involved in the loyalty program implementation, I don't think Plexure will need to disclose anything before the program has successfully rolled out.

Within such a short timeframe for McDonald to roll out its loyalty program, it must have leveraged some of its existing technologies to achieve that.

I can speculate that Plexure would have some involvement in this program. The involvement could be to provide new API access to Plexure's platform. It could be some changes to work with other systems in McDonald. Who knows...

Plexure kept getting a large chunk of non-recurring revenue from its customer in the past years. Especially, there was a huge increase in non-recurring revenue in FY21 as quoted below.

Considering there were no new clients for Plexure in the past year, Plexure could be working on some projects for its existing customers.
    I think my speculation is somewhat reasonable.

Recurring revenue (representing
    licence and support fees) increased by $2.199m or 14% to $18.315m,
    while non-recurring revenue increased by $1.929m, or 22% to $10.835m.
    Last edited by zs_cecil; 24-06-2021 at 09:44 PM.