sharetrader
Page 56 of 689 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156556 ... LastLast
    Banned

Just like to say high to all the positive contributors on the VML thread, there has been some well researched and considered explanations as to why we should be attracted to this 'Kiwi Rising Star', they have made huge progress over the last year implementing their strategy, and as Baa Baa pointed out a very timely entry into this personalization space! With solid endorsement from Global enterprise, and job adverts like " Vmob is going Gangbusters" refer Workhere.co.nz "Senior.Net Developer role advertised 24/2/15, things appeared to be progressing to plan.

I have watched this thread for a couple of years now, and feel it is now time to support the other Bulls.

I have also appreciated the increasing amount of posting on the Vmob site and especially their Twitter account, to keep up to date the best we can, and have continually Googlesearched old and new articles to expand our historical collection of data. Like Monty, I also attended an Investor presentation and have meet some of the team, and was inspired to further my research, so to all the new visitors to this site, please DYOR and make up your own mind about this opportunity.

Disclosure: Holding

Membaa

Hey, welcome Wallace D, nice to have you along for the ride. We'll look forward to your insights and observations. The next few months are going to be really exciting.

BAA

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace D View Post
    Just like to say high to all the positive contributors on the VML thread, there has been some well researched and considered explanations as to why we should be attracted to this 'Kiwi Rising Star', they have made huge progress over the last year implementing their strategy, and as Baa Baa pointed out a very timely entry into this personalization space! With solid endorsement from Global enterprise, and job adverts like " Vmob is going Gangbusters" refer Workhere.co.nz "Senior.Net Developer role advertised 24/2/15, things appeared to be progressing to plan.

I have watched this thread for a couple of years now, and feel it is now time to support the other Bulls.

I have also appreciated the increasing amount of posting on the Vmob site and especially their Twitter account, to keep up to date the best we can, and have continually Googlesearched old and new articles to expand our historical collection of data. Like Monty, I also attended an Investor presentation and have meet some of the team, and was inspired to further my research, so to all the new visitors to this site, please DYOR and make up your own mind about this opportunity.

Banned

Just something light-hearted but pretty surreal….I read this book last year and if any of you possess Peter Lynch's book, One up on Wall St, which was published in 1989, go to page 223, and read near the bottom of the page, I quote: "Or perhaps Anheuser- Busch will think of new ways to grow, the same way McDonald's has. A decade ago investors began worrying that Mc Donald's incredible expansion was a thing of the past." Peter Lynch 1989!

Imagine how I felt when the 2 recent notices came out, and I happened to pick the book up a couple of weeks ago and re-read this chapter!

A prophecy…..you decide.

Just something light-hearted but pretty surreal….I read this book last year and if any of you possess Peter Lynch's book, One up on Wall St, which was published in 1989, go to page 223, and read near the bottom of the page, I quote: "Or perhaps Anheuser- Busch will think of new ways to grow, the same way McDonald's has. A decade ago investors began worrying that Mc Donald's incredible expansion was a thing of the past." Peter Lynch 1989!

Imagine how I felt when the 2 recent notices came out, and I happened to pick the book up a couple of weeks ago and re-read this chapter!

A prophecy…..you decide.

Wallace you seem very knowledgeable. Are you a sophisticated investor? Did you get the mad hook ups at 1 cent in the recent Vmob placement?

Membaa

Good point Wallace D, VMob recently rejigged their social media profiles, now going under the name VMoblive on:

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/vmoblive
    Twitter - https://twitter.com/vmoblive
    VMob media releases - http://www.vmoblive.com/company/vmob-in-the-media/
    VMob investor info - http://www.vmoblive.com/company/investor-info/

You don't have to be a member of Facebook or Twitter to view VMob's pages but members will receive notifications of new posts. Usually the updates comes through those channels quickly (which might interest those who like to buy good news). Example - istartnews article retweeted on Vmoblive feed http://istart.co.nz/nz-news-items/mi...first-agility/

.. snip .. I have also appreciated the increasing amount of posting on the Vmob site and especially their Twitter account, to keep up to date the best we can .. end snip..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by robbo24 View Post
    Wallace you seem very knowledgeable. Are you a sophisticated investor? Did you get the mad hook ups at 1 cent in the recent Vmob placement?
    No, we didn't get any of the 1cent placement recently. But through our research identified this opportunity last year and started accumulating, all the way down to .9 cents, and lots around the 1 cent price range.

There could be a number of reasons the sell off occurred, 1 or more institutions that held the stock from the very early days may have got impatient, and as they had profit to take they did…. Another scenario could be a large investors life circumstances changed and he/she may have been forced to liquidate… Aforementioned comments only speculative, although we note Deutsche Bank have disappeared out of the Top 20.

As far as these mad hook-ups you mention go? As the notices state prior to Xmas, VML stated they had delayed finalizing of the placement for various reasons. One being they were in discussions with a strategic partner, if I recall correctly. Collins Asset Management & Tim Cook where as we now know part of the placement, with obvious skills the company must view as "Strategic". We note that HSBC has increased it holdings of late to approx 30mn, but consider they have done this on market? ACC also showed an increase after the placement was made so may have taken part?

As far as the Directors go, the commercial reality of the situation possibly was they needed to match the amount offered by NZTE (notice 5/12/14)(not suggesting it is equal to the full amount of the placement) as with the SP languishing at these levels they probably had the legal right to do the placement as such. Retail Investors had an opportunity to fill their boots at this level as Baa Baa pointed out previously, so we can hardly blame the Directors for doing so?

We are still Newbies, and welcome any opposing opinions, but please provide some facts that we can go and research if you are genuine?

DYOR
    Last edited by Wallace D; 31-03-2015 at 04:24 AM. Reason: simplified

no we didn't get any of the 1cent placement recently. But through our research identified this opportunity last year and started accumulating, some @ 2 cents initially as it fell from 4.8cps, then all the way down to .9 cents, and lots around the 1 cent price range. We couldn't believe our good fortune, but were very surprised they were being sold off at this price.
    That's a shame that you missed out on the one cent placement. Do you feel at all hard done by that the directors who partook would have known about the pending McDonalds announcement?

As discussed in late-Jan/mid-Feb on this forum, the directors clearly stated that their actions would have constituted insider trading but for the transitional period in cl 8 of sch 1 of the Financial Markets Conduct Regulations 2014.

And there you were buying in at circa 2 cents while the directors you purport to love and cherish were topping up with info you didn't have... Ever heard of Stockholm Syndrome?
    Last edited by robbo24; 23-03-2015 at 10:02 AM.

Membaa

Go easy robbo, let Wallace D get his feet under table before you wake up the trolls and scare him away, he seems to have plenty to add to this thread, and besides, why can't you get over it already that's old tired and boring news. Sour grapes?

VML has doubled since then. If you owned it in a timely way like some of us, you'd be happy too. And there's plenty more upside to come I'm sure.

BAA

Banned

Hi Robbo, I think you need to let it go, where have I purported to love and Cherish the Directors…and indeed I wouldn't comment on whether I think all of the companies that some of the directors are involved in or have been involved in I would ever invest in, but let's stick to the Vmob story, business model, and potential market here.

As far as Stockholm Syndrome goes…..no prisoners here, just willing passengers!

DYOR
    Last edited by Wallace D; 31-03-2015 at 04:44 AM. Reason: simplified post

Hi Robbo, I think you need to let it go
    I've been waiting a long time for a VML bull to break it down for me where it's fair for directors to do that to the people who own the company that employs them

I thought Wallace D might be that bull.

They knew what they were doing - and as Wallace D's beloved Peter Lynch noted, '...insiders might sell their shares for any number of reasons, but they buy them for only one: they think the price will rise.'

Or in this case, '...because they knew the price would rise on seemingly good news and decided to give themselves a wonderful discount to the price paid by those mugs who bought on-market.'