sharetrader
Page 593 of 693 FirstFirst ... 93493543583589590591592593594595596597603643 ... LastLast
Results 5,921 to 5,930 of 6927
    Banned

[QUOTE=Balance;925714]
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post

The pertinent question to ask as well is this - if TASK is such a shxt hot company, why hasn’t it listed on the ASX by itself given the demand for IPOs over there?

I certainly would not trust Plexure’s ability to spot a good business given how completely they have screwed up the company and shareholders in the process. The CR at $1.20 a year ago with all the lofty promises made to raise the funds must rank as one of the biggest flops of dual ASX listings!
    I'm assuming that's a rhetorical question - no-one has a crystal ball. In the meantime, Plexure and their chequered history (did you get scorched?) is just that - history. It's up to TASK now - they are in charge, not Plexure, who are dead in all but name. Hopefully they will be dead in name after a re-brand. We'll see in 12 months time if TASK are indeed up to the task.

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/374144

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/376711

Next time you see the CFO & CEO both resigning (to spend more time with their family) within 6 weeks of each other, you know it's time to run too!

[QUOTE=LoungeLizzard;925725]
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

I'm assuming that's a rhetorical question - no-one has a crystal ball. In the meantime, Plexure and their chequered history (did you get scorched?) is just that - history. It's up to TASK now - they are in charge, not Plexure, who are dead in all but name. Hopefully they will be dead in name after a re-brand. We'll see in 12 months time if TASK are indeed up to the task.
    No crystal ball indeed but history & experience to learn lessons from, and apply in the present for the future.

I still think it weird that the CFO suggested guidance was being withdrawn and then being told he was incorrect…and had stuffed up big time.

All you can make of it is that the guidance of revenues of $45m to $47m is crap and at the end of the year will be reporting a lot less than $45m
    ”When investors are euphoric, they are incapable of recognising euphoria itself “

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/374144

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/376711

Next time you see the CFO & CEO both resigning (to spend more time with their family) within 6 weeks of each other, you know it's time to run too!
    The only winners in any of this was the TASK owners. Plexure did a capital raise, took your money to pay them to take this pile of sh!t (Plexure) off their hands.

Glad I sold out at $1.35. The writing was on the wall back then.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I still think it weird that the CFO suggested guidance was being withdrawn and then being told he was incorrect…and had stuffed up big time.

All you can make of it is that the guidance of revenues of $45m to $47m is crap and at the end of the year will be reporting a lot less than $45m
    Right hand does not know what the left hand is doing.

Sp was actually started to stabilize down at around 46.5c before this announcement that the CFO stuffed up.

Then, renewed selling took it down to close at the day's low of 45c.

Who was that genius who suggested at the time of the MacDonald's deal that it was likely to take up more resources than it was worth? Can't remember. Not a holder. Sometimes it's an advantage to have missed the boat.

[QUOTE=winner69;925662]
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post

That was my first thought when merger was announced ….. Task took 20 years to grow revenues to $14m …..wtf

And now we pray for miracles to happen.
    Well, we should not forget that Task have been incredibly successful in selling their quite mediocre business for a huge amount of money to PX1 and on top of that securing the best paid job at the top of the new company.

Only thing shareholders now need to hope for is that PX1 was not the biggest fool. Just hope for the bigger fool to pop buy and sell them the company!
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Genius is a bit strong but experience in this investing game matters - something that some posters here think is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Nor View Post
    Who was that genius who suggested at the time of the MacDonald's deal that it was likely to take up more resources than it was worth? Can't remember. Not a holder. Sometimes it's an advantage to have missed the boat.
    I have seen big companies like IBM put money (yes, that's the correct term - rather than investing) into small companies so that these companies continue to develop the software & service for them - until the inevitable happens.

Suggest some of you do a bit more research into why a multi-billion corporation like Maccas put a piddly $5m (rounding difference) into a company.
    Why pay full price when you have got the software development & servicing contract at 'bargain' price?

Seen it all before.
    Last edited by Balance; 18-11-2021 at 09:34 AM.

[QUOTE=BlackPeter;925815]
    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Well, we should not forget that Task have been incredibly successful in selling their quite mediocre business for a huge amount of money to PX1 and on top of that securing the best paid job at the top of the new company.

Only thing shareholders now need to hope for is that PX1 was not the biggest fool. Just hope for the bigger fool to pop buy and sell them the company!
    As Kerry Packer famously said when he sold his media business to Alan Bond for an eye watering price : "You only get one Alan Bond in your lifetime, and I have had mine."
    Last edited by Balance; 18-11-2021 at 09:49 AM.