sharetrader
Page 61 of 689 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161561 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Thanks klid, I have figured out the stupid 'features' on ASB Sec, I was looking at depth which was live, but the 0.025's all went through at 4:59 after my post at 4:39. How does that happen? Who can buy and sell an hour after market close, and who would considering a paltry $10k was traded?

No trade time price Vol
    1 33 4:59:39 PM 2.5 9,740 $244
    2 32 4:59:39 PM 2.5 360,185 $9,005
    3 31 4:59:39 PM 2.5 48,815 $1,220
    4 30 4:40:28 PM 2.4 93,500 $2,244
    5 29 4:27:31 PM 2.4 260,000 $6,240
    6 28 4:03:52 PM 2.4 30,000 $720

Cheers WD, I've looked into ANZ Sec but haven't moved, yet.
    I know that at 4:45pm the NZX goes into some weird state for 15 minutes before executing the orders that might match at 5:00. It's like a holding pattern; I think it's also ridiculous.

The ASX close at 4pm and go into a similar state for 15 minutes and then does a volume weighed auction which I quite like.

RE: ASB/ANZ. I went into ANZ bank today and asked them to print me a registration form for their securities - because I told ASB after their last round of incompetence that I had had enough. Yes it's not easy - and I don't know whether I can really be bothered with it. I pointed out to their staff that it's confusing that they have https://www.anzshareandbondtrading.co.nz/ and https://www.anzsecurities.co.nz both with different application forms. They were originally going to print me the first one before I told them the latter seemed the ticket.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by klid View Post
    I know that at 4:45pm the NZX goes into some weird state for 15 minutes before executing the orders that might match at 5:00. It's like a holding pattern; I think it's also ridiculous.
    I need to find out more about this, those trades I posted are all after 4pm close, at random times
    But that'll have to be after my hangover subsides tomorrow

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by klid View Post

The ASX close at 4pm and go into a similar state for 15 minutes and then does a volume weighed auction which I quite like.

RE: ASB/ANZ. I went into ANZ bank today and asked them to print me a registration form for their securities - because I told ASB after their last round of incompetence that I had had enough. Yes it's not easy - and I don't know whether I can really be bothered with it. I pointed out to their staff that it's confusing that they have https://www.anzshareandbondtrading.co.nz/ and https://www.anzsecurities.co.nz both with different application forms. They were originally going to print me the first one before I told them the latter seemed the ticket.
    It's called Pre- close Klid, same process as the morning during pre-open, during this stage of the day it is all about the matched volume and matched price, there is a lot of foxing going on so do a lot of research before participating in these effectively auction times, as massive changes can occur at the last minute, and plenty of people get sucked into buying or selling at a price they were perhaps not intending.

For the well trained, the opposite is true for obvious reasons!

You see it a lot on the ASX, with the insto's, huge posturing then wammo the price is slammed in a totally different direction than the matched volume/price was indicating. I find it best to avoid any busy periods of trading as a rule, when I am a buyer, the opposite of course when selling. Also the close time is random during these periods, not at a consistent time, so again, DLOYOR!!

Cheers, WD

Banned

I need to find out more about this, those trades I posted are all after 4pm close, at random times
    It's to early to drink yet…..but hey it's about the journey, not the destination! WD

Banned

The match price is there simply to stop any way out trades from occurring especially at days end and 9 times out of 10 leads the closing price to around the VWAP for the day ( Think of it as a smoothing out mechanism)

5pm close.

Quote Originally Posted by sommelier View Post
    5pm close.
    I am 110% gobsmacked that cats on this thread are pouring out advice about charts and buying VML, yet they have no idea when the NZX closes or how the 15 min pre-close works...

How very bizarre...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by robbo24 View Post
    I am 110% gobsmacked that cats on this thread are pouring out advice about charts and buying VML, yet they have no idea when the NZX closes or how the 15 min pre-close works...

How very bizarre...
    Quite scary aye reminds me of the old rugby line "The team needs to get back to basics"

Membaa

Well we do have an idea, but it is confusing, and I don't see anyone yet who has explained it thoroughly, nor do I see how it makes a wit of difference to any of the appreciated information posted here, that you construe as advice robbo. No one is giving advice, that's a long bow to draw from sharing opinion.

However You could make your first contributory post by explaining, seeming as how you imply that you understand it thoroughly, what exactly happens after 4pm. I don't expect that you will, though there is no harm in asking your opinion, if not your advice.

Quote Originally Posted by robbo24 View Post

How very bizarre...

Membaa

Helpful, not. Maybe you can cover for robbo when he reneges on thoroughly explaining the 'after 4pm' rules. I thought you were above this sniping nonsense Couta?

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Quite scary aye reminds me of the old rugby line "The team needs to get back to basics"