sharetrader
Page 62 of 689 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162562 ... LastLast
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Helpful, not. Maybe you can cover for robbo when he reneges on thoroughly explaining the 'after 4pm' rules. I thought you were above this sniping nonsense Couta?
    Was mearnt to be a bit of tongue in cheek humor Baa Baa after my earlier post trying to explain why there is a match price period
    Last edited by couta1; 23-03-2015 at 10:28 PM.

Helpful, not. Maybe you can cover for robbo when he reneges on thoroughly explaining the 'after 4pm' rules. I thought you were above this sniping nonsense Couta?
    At 4:45pm the buys and sells build up on each side. The overlap determines the close price. If there is 1000 buys at $2 and 500 sells at $1.98 and 501 sells at $1.99 then the close would be at $1.99. If there were 500 1.98 and 499 1.99 then close would be $2.00.

No trades go through until 5pm.

Same thing happens from 9am until 10am.

Best way to see what happens is to get live charts with depth tables

ps - still shocked to have this discussion with you.
    Last edited by robbo24; 24-03-2015 at 08:53 AM.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs down I really, really, really, really, REALLY do not recommend it

Even the long haulers will observe the 50EMA crossing up through the 200EMA - the Golden Cross. If for example you only traded in or out when the 50/200 cross, you'd be doing just fine. The latest cross was Feb 24 around $0.014.

Attachment 7223

Daily price chart, showing only the 50 & 200 EMA's. The vertical line is VML's listing date.

BAA
    There is definitely something amiss with your data there - you may want to find a more reliable data source

So buying (green) and selling (red) on the so called 'Golden Cross' would give you this loss-inducing trading pattern for VML:

Attachment 7226

The first price is the close of the day of the cross, the second the next trading day (assumed buy/sell prices).

The cross lags the price movement too much.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by youngatheart View Post
    I'm getting dejavu with the VML share price, as in I'm having flashbacks to when I first bought DIL shares at 6c, 5 years ago before it shot up to $8...

Hi youngatheart, that sounds amazing, wish I was around in those day's, would appreciate you keeping us updated as to how VML is tracking compared to DIL each step of the way, would be great to have some input from a seasoned player, that's seen it all before.

Cheer's WD

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace D View Post
    Hi youngatheart, that sounds amazing, wish I was around in those day's, would appreciate you keeping us updated as to how VML is tracking compared to DIL each step of the way, would be great to have some input from a seasoned player, that's seen it all before.

Cheer's WD
    Thanks for the invitation to comment.

DIL has about 90m shares on offer and 120m in total if you include preferential shares and options. Its MCAP is about 600m take into account all of those factors. It has over $100m US in the bank and makes steady profit all year round.
    VML has 1.4bn shares and I don't care to know how many options. At $8 per share VML would be worth over $10 billion. VML scrapes by with hodge-podge capital raisings as a penny dreadful.

There, there's your analysis from a seasoned player.

Banned

Robbo24 - snippet from post #575

VML is probably very cheap in terms of an ASX listing. I was in pre-pre-IPO with ASX:MJP and thought a ten-bagger was a far away fantasy - look how that turned out. MJP ended up being $1bn NZD company for the better part of an afternoon.

VML on the ASX is, in my view, going to have sufficient hype to give it the 20-30 cents (at today's pre-consolidation numbers) referred to by winner69. VML the ten bagger - what fun. [quote]

Hi Robbo,

I take everyone's opinion with grain of salt of course, but I am quite interested in yours.

I don't remember telling anyone to buy VML, just have pointed out I found it was great buying in recent times, and for me the story is only getting better.

I have given up trying to project out what 119 market's of Mc Donald's deployment is going to generate in revenue, added to that 47.6% of the USA Brewed Beverage Market with the Anhauser-Busch contract, 600 x 7-Eleven Stores in Australia (noticed they are expanding operations in Western Australia in a recent news item) added to that Oliver's which is a healthy food enterprise in Australia with a small amount of sites at present but from what I read, appear to have great expansion aspirations…..really looking fwd to an updated ACMR.

Again DYOR.

Wallace D (holding)
    Last edited by Wallace D; 24-03-2015 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace D View Post
    Robbo24 - snippet from post #575
    Yes it's a dangerous world with those algo-bots and high frequency traders out there - would be an awful shame to see anyone buy into a hyped up company and lose out.

Like when XRO had a price to sales ratio of over 60, or when WYN got itself fizzed up to over $3, or when PEB was valued at well over half a billion dollars....

I'm saying that hyped up mutants may once again wander the streets of the market - this is a far cry from saying VML has any credible prospects or value.

But then again, I trade on charts - doesn't bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace D;

Hi Robbo,

I take everyone's opinion with grain of salt of course, but I am quite interested in yours.

I don't remember telling anyone to buy VML, just have pointed out I found it was great buying in recent times, and for me the story is only getting better.

I have given up trying to project out what 119 market's of Mc Donald's deployment is going to generate in revenue, added to that 47.6% of the USA Brewed Beverage Market with the Anhauser-Busch contract, 600 x 7-Eleven Stores in Australia (noticed they are expanding operations in Western Australia in a recent news item) added to that Oliver's which is a healthy food enterprise in Australia with a small amount of sites at present but from what I read, appear to have great expansion aspirations…..really looking fwd to an updated ACMR.

Again DYOR.

Wallace D (holding)
    Yes indeed, plenty of users.

As a marketer it's important to remember that it’s not the tech that’s cool; it’s what’s enabled by the tech. The likes of Macdonalds don't really care about the tech but more about the results it brings.

That's what we have no idea off and really how do VML benefit out of all this?

A question nobody seems to answer ....all secret squirrel stuff it seems.

What really is behind the hype - for VML?
    Last edited by winner69; 24-03-2015 at 09:45 AM.

Membaa

Thanks for pointing that out, the yahoo data rounds up one decimal place. I also over complicated things implying it was a trading pattern back to their listing date. Let's see if this is a simpler way to put it, using your data:

The Golden Cross signalled a buy on 6/3/15.

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    There is definitely something amiss with your data there - you may want to find a more reliable data source

So buying (green) and selling (red) on the so called 'Golden Cross' would give you this loss-inducing trading pattern for VML:

Attachment 7226

The first price is the close of the day of the cross, the second the next trading day (assumed buy/sell prices).

The cross lags the price movement too much.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

Membaa

Granted there are a lot of questions hence great interest in the forthcoming annual reporting, though it is not correct to say "we have no idea" of the results to retailers, or the benefit to VMob.

McDonalds Netherlands case study.. Within five weeks of launching, 2% of all guests across the country redeemed one or more mobile vouchers with their purchase" ... "For those who used mobile vouchers with their purchase, the average spend was 47% higher."

more here: http://www.vmoblive.com/customers/ca...ies/mcdonalds/

VMob have a simple pricing model is based on voucher redemptions and other in-store interactions. Rates start from just 10¢ per redemption.

The more the retailers customers redeem vouchers and the more customers there are, the more successful VML will be. They have already informed of $2.4m revenue this FY to Sept, up from next to nothing previously.

That's why we are excited for VMob's future, signing huge global retailers, rolling out in the USA, strong pipeline of prospects .. all driving customers to the retailers and revenue to VML.

No wonder we're eagerly awaiting the full year reports.

BAA

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Yes indeed, plenty of users.

As a marketer it's important to remember that it’s not the tech that’s cool; it’s what’s enabled by the tech. The likes of Macdonalds don't really care about the tech but more about the results it brings.

That's what we have no idea off and really how do VML benefit out of all this?

A question nobody seems to answer ....all secret squirrel stuff it seems.

What really is behind the hype - for VML?