sharetrader
Page 68 of 689 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168568 ... LastLast

Rollout for the Japan app looks to be going great on the Android/Google Play store with a whopping 10,000 downloads. Look out, revenue column!

None of the apps seem to get remarkably good feedback, even the Swedish one (500,000 downloads) only gets an average of 3.6/5 stars.

People complain of the store locator not working, coupons being for unwanted items and the app crashing.

I wonder if this product is as great as VML says it is. Not that a company would ever talk up their own product. Or perhaps the reviews on the Play Store are all lies?

All irrelevant to me really, the product means very little to me but I'm glad to see the SP is down about 15% since the other day, will keep watching the charts to take another 30-40% trade on this penny dreadful.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by robbo24 View Post
    None of the apps seem to get remarkably good feedback, even the Swedish one (500,000 downloads) only gets an average of 3.6/5 stars. .
    Who really reviews apps. Most go unrated. Its normally those who hit an issue that give a review so 3.6 isn't too bad.

The bigger issue is peopel will delete the app if it doesn't work well so of those 500k downloads, how many are actually active.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by robbo24 View Post
    Rollout for the Japan app looks to be going great on the Android/Google Play store with a whopping 10,000 downloads. Look out, revenue column!

None of the apps seem to get remarkably good feedback, even the Swedish one (500,000 downloads) only gets an average of 3.6/5 stars.

People complain of the store locator not working, coupons being for unwanted items and the app crashing.

I wonder if this product is as great as VML says it is. Not that a company would ever talk up their own product. Or perhaps the reviews on the Play Store are all lies?

All irrelevant to me really, the product means very little to me but I'm glad to see the SP is down about 15% since the other day, will keep watching the charts to take another 30-40% trade on this penny dreadful.
    It says they have 10m-50m installs approx. Launched 19 March? 70k ratings

Can someone check my research.?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....android&hl=en

Quote Originally Posted by Schrodinger View Post

Goodness gracious

Lets say a modest 2% redeem a voucher every month ......at 10 cents that's more than a $1 million for vMob. At 10% that's $5 million for vMob

I begin to get the picture

Membaa

Do not adjust your eyeballs. That's the official McDonalds Corp app, obviously available to the Japanese, 10m-50m downloads and over 69 thousand reviews for a 3.6 rating. I don't think it is just Japan, it will be global downloads. Still a lot though, and this is just for the Android platform. Add in iPhone and WinPhone.

BAA

Quote Originally Posted by Schrodinger View Post

Membaa

Would you like fries with that? That's just the 'official' McD android app. As illustration, there are 112 apps on the Apple App Store if you search just on McDonalds. I haven't counted them specifically but it looks like about 75% of those apps are unique McD's in-country apps, in addition to the official McD's corporation app.

Oh and that's not counting any of the other giant retail customers VMob has signed up, or their apps. Time to get out the revenue calculator and do some modelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Do not adjust your eyeballs. That's the official McDonalds Corp app, obviously available to the Japanese, 10m-50m downloads and over 69 thousand reviews for a 3.6 rating. I don't think it is just Japan, it will be global downloads. Still a lot though, and this is just for the Android platform. Add in iPhone and WinPhone.

BAA

Thanks Baa - As I said last night I pleased I stocked up on a few more (@$0.021) still a few short of my target of xxx number of shares but getting close.

Quietly accumulating. But I would love someone to crunch a few numbers of possible income from the McDonalds Contract. The known revenue streams are notifications at I think 16 cents per 1000 notifications (check the notifications), between $25 and $50 per store (don't forget there is a possible rollout in England as well as the Nordic countries - 1,800 stores) plus the roll out in Japan (3,200 stores) and also in their McDonalds announcement they advised the rollout would start in the USA. By my back of envelope calculation that 20,000 stores. that is $500,000 per month and possibly $1m per month from that income stream alone. And then there are redemptions of the vouchers. the numbers get big very quickly. Now all this will not have occurred by now, but assuming the implementation has commenced the revenue for the year end 2015 is highly likely to be in excess of 2.4m announced in December 2014.

If someone can do some calculations based on what has been published in their reports Id be very grateful for such analysis. I would not be surprised if the revenue for the year end 2015-16 is a multiple of the 2014-15 income. I suppose we will just need to wait until June 2016 to really understand how big this all may be and the impact of the global McDonalds contract (referred to by scott Bradley at a presentation as the Holy Grail of VMob).

Membaa

"As an illustration of the power of cloud computing, Parker points to Vmob. It's a New Zealand-based business providing personalised mobile phone marketing around the world.Parker says Vmob uses Microsoft's Azure cloud to service half a billion customers."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11422128

Half a billion customers? Looks like a misquote to me, nevertheless, let's assume that he meant potential retail customers of the actual VMob customers who are the retailers. The active verb is 'uses', present tense.

Head spinning, feeling dizzy, (faints).

BAA

It's PEB all over again.

Give it a year or two and VML will say its a misquote by the paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    "As an illustration of the power of cloud computing, Parker points to Vmob. It's a New Zealand-based business providing personalised mobile phone marketing around the world.Parker says Vmob uses Microsoft's Azure cloud to service half a billion customers."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11422128

Half a billion customers? Looks like a misquote to me, nevertheless, let's assume that he meant potential retail customers of the actual VMob customers who are the retailers. The active verb is 'uses', present tense.

Head spinning, feeling dizzy, (faints).

BAA
    I saw this article earlier on. Maybe potentially 500m customers? Still makes me want to rush off and top up yet again. ( but I can't today)

this is yet another positive article on VMob. Days after days and month after month we continue to be fed a stream of good news on VMob. The only negative thing is the continued dilution of the shares. But liquidity and capital are necessary to grow and become the major player on their particular market
    Last edited by Monty; 27-03-2015 at 02:58 PM.