sharetrader
Page 70 of 689 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170570 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    On the subject of the McDonalds App, some caution else we get ahead of ourselves and draw conclusions were the basis is not in fact. Bear in mind that McDonalds have had a retail loyalty App for quite some time, both Corporate version and In-Country versions. It will be relevant to this discussion at the point in time when VMob integrates with one or the other or both.

In order to realistically interpret, one needs to know:

- On what Apps has/will VMob integrate with - McDonalds Corporate and/or In-Country or both,
    - In what countries has/will VMob integrate with the corporate and/or in-country apps,
    - What date did/does the App(s) integrated with VMob go live,
    - On what devices/operating systems (Android, Win, iOS) is/was VMob integrated with,
    - At what version number, for each operating system

David.Inggs@Vmoblive.com is the Chief Technology Officer, he will know.
    I would have thought someone with so much skin in the game would understand these fundamental aspects of the product, before taking to the internet forums to talk it up

Or are you taking more of a "suck it and see" approach?

Membaa

Hi robbo, you have a nice weekend? Don't confuse understanding with knowing. Have you got your buy in this morning, or you think it might leak away a bit from the open? This is sharetrader after all, not sharediscuss, or sharethelove. I won't be selling to you, sorry.

BAA

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Hi robbo, you have a nice weekend? Don't confuse understanding with knowing. Have you got your buy in this morning, or you think it might leak away a bit from the open? This is sharetrader after all, not sharediscuss, or sharethelove. I won't be selling to you, sorry.

BAA
    I would love to buy VML on anything other than price weakness, if you could just explain the product to me. Perhaps starting with:

- On what Apps has/will VMob integrate with - McDonalds Corporate and/or In-Country or both,
    - In what countries has/will VMob integrate with the corporate and/or in-country apps,
    - On what devices/operating systems (Android, Win, iOS) is/was VMob integrated with,

Membaa

Gosh, yes where did you get those insightful questions from, did you come up with them yourself? If you don't know the answers to those questions, you could ask David.Inggs@Vmoblive.com he is the Chief Technology Officer, he will know.

Do let us know what he says, then we'll understand a why you're buying, or not.

BAA

I have to go now, bit busy, I'll pop back later to sharethefun. cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by robbo24 View Post
    I would love to buy VML on anything other than price weakness, if you could just explain the product to me. Perhaps starting with:

Banned

LOL, love the come back….classic actually, we might get on after all……but would you understand it if Baa Baa did provide these details…
    or do you think at the end of the day it will be the ACMR, the increasing number of global clients, the increasing numbers of SME clients they are signing up that we don't even know about, or will it be the fact the Aussie Brokers will give this stock a heap of exposure, that will ultimately drive the SP?

The ASX is full of greater fools, broker coverage only compounds the issue. Share price increases after listing on the ASX is highly likely, but not (at this stage) for any fundamental reasons underlying the VML product.

Then again, I don't claim to be a fundamental investor or buyer of VML. It is of little consequence to me whether the product is good or bad, I just look at squiggly lines. However, every time a VML fundamenbull investor comes out and says they don't understand the finer details of the product I put that into my risk equation.

If the fundamenbulls don't understand the product then what chance of price support if the product turns out to be cruddy?

Anyway, pre-IPO capital raising soon - will keep an eye out for that. And details of the McDonalds contract. And the 7Eleven contract.

So many questions with VML, so few answers...

Great questions Baa. When I attend the next investor update (hoping there is one in Wellington) I will ask Scott Bradley exactly those questions, unless someone in the room beats me to it. If I remember correctly scott has talked about existing apps in place already for McDonalds. There will be updates from time to time. I imagine when the updates happen on any device then the "VMob mcdonlds" app will replace the existing app.

that is only only part of the VMob service. The other parts are the in-store beacons and also getting the "punter" to agree to sharing the data such as location, facebook details and the like. They do after-all get a cheeseburger or similar in exchange for their data
    Last edited by Monty; 30-03-2015 at 12:24 PM. Reason: correction inshore to "in-store" - autocorrect grrr

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Great questions Baa. When I attend the next investor update (hoping there is one in Wellington) I will ask Scott Bradley exactly those questions, unless someone in the room beats me to it.
    In the meantime let's throw as much of our money as we can make available into buying VML shares at whatever price is convenient on the day.

Real investors don't need information on things like "products" or "contracts" anyway, so why wait?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Great questions Baa. When I attend the next investor update (hoping there is one in Wellington) I will ask Scott Bradley exactly those questions, unless someone in the room beats me to it. If I remember correctly scott has talked about existing apps in place already for McDonalds. There will be updates from time to time. I imagine when the updates happen on any device then the "VMob mcdonlds" app will replace the existing app.

that is only only part of the VMob service. The other parts are the inshore beacons and also getting the "punter" to agree to sharing the data such as location, facebook details and the like. They do after-all get a cheeseburger or similar in exchange for their data
    I think you mean instore beacons, the inshore ones are a navigation aid…..I think the key thing for me is, and that the oldies can't get their head around is that Millennials love sharing their data….and they walk around all day looking at their screens, either tweeting or facebooking or scanning their latest timely and specific redemption offer they might have received in the last 30 seconds, and have about 7mins to redeem it…..because they're actually standing outside the store that sent it, wow that's cool…..people are time poor, people are probably getting lazier, people are saying hey, I'm sharing my data with you because I want you to record my preferences (scary for some, not for others) so you can send me stuff I will be interested in…..IMHO
    Last edited by Wallace D; 30-03-2015 at 10:51 AM. Reason: spelling

Banned

In the meantime let's throw as much of our money as we can make available into buying VML shares at whatever price is convenient on the day.

Real investors don't need information on things like "products" or "contracts" anyway, so why wait?

The real investors aren't or haven't, they have got theirs, the reason people may choose to wait is because they need to do their own research and not let others pump them into the stock emotionally, DYOR research if you like the story you have to decide how many and when you by this equity.

And Robbo is right (did I just say that???) "don't throw as much of your money as you can make available into buying VML shares" by the stock in an informed manner, as best we can be at this stage, nothing is guaranteed….we all know that, but no company is.

At this potentially turning point in our markets, e.g. Bull 2 Bear, and everyone fighting over all the dividend stocks…I'm am sure I won't leave much of my money sitting in such stocks, riding out the next down trend, I would much rather spread my risk across a bunch of high growth companies on the NZX/ASX that will be countercyclical to the Blue Chips as everyone tries to find the next big thing.

I'm not saying this it….just that it might be one of them?