sharetrader
Page 82 of 689 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182582 ... LastLast
    Membaa

Nice summary Ginger, I do get those very timely "mobile alerts do you get at present from a store just around the corner, offering you a tailored discount on that day" ... from my FlyBuys App ... oh yeah, that's a VMob app!

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger_steps_ View Post
    Free Macdonalds for people who already love Macdonalds enough to download their app? Offers based on huge amounts of data relating to your specific online actions? - (above and beyond traditional CRM, and not just based on plonking your email on to a news letter). Location based alerts to your mobile that arrive around about the time you usually buy Macdonalds or when you are nearby one? (instead of alongside all those annoying emails you don't want when you are sitting down checking you emails looking for the important ones). I mean how many mobile alerts do you get at present from a store just around the corner, offering you a tailored discount on that day? I receive none and I would be surprised if anyone does - which means if only 1 app is offering it to me i am more likely to take it, as it is not inside a mountain of other offers. Of course when everyone is using such intuitive apps it may become a hassle - but for now I imagine Macdonalds and Vmob are going to cream it. And when they do - a lot more customers are going to be throwing their wallets at Vmob.

Free Macdonalds for people who already love Macdonalds enough to download their app? Offers based on huge amounts of data relating to your specific online actions? - (above and beyond traditional CRM, and not just based on plonking your email on to a news letter). Location based alerts to your mobile that arrive around about the time you usually buy Macdonalds or when you are nearby one? (instead of alongside all those annoying emails you don't want when you are sitting down checking you emails looking for the important ones). I mean how many mobile alerts do you get at present from a store just around the corner, offering you a tailored discount on that day? I receive none and I would be surprised if anyone does - which means if only 1 app is offering it to me i am more likely to take it, as it is not inside a mountain of other offers. Of course when everyone is using such intuitive apps it may become a hassle - but for now I imagine Macdonalds and Vmob are going to cream it. And when they do - a lot more customers are going to be throwing their wallets at Vmob.
    All of this sounds very similar to another out-of-the-box system McDonalds are already using: http://9to5mac.com/2014/12/18/mcdonalds-ibeacons/

The Apple iBeacon It even works on Android for McDonalds: http://www.forbes.com/sites/rogerkay...android-world/

McDonalds is also testing an app by a company called Piper that seems to do the exact same thing? https://gigaom.com/2014/12/18/hold-t...s-near-stores/ I particularly like this guy's comment at the end of this article:

Already turned off my Walgreen’s app location services because of the nag every 2 blocks I drive. Why would I want that for McDonald’s too?

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Don't get distracted by a 2008 incarnation of mobile voucher technologies, or a mobile wallet/payments platform, neither have anything do with VMob's solutions for McDonalds.
    I really like how VMob have a model and website and hype machine so similar to Beaconstac.

For instance, Beaconstac have a blog that nobody would care to read just like VMob have a blog that nobody would care to read.

I wonder if both companies run at a loss and make use of capital raisings to pay someone to write a blog that nobody cares to read?

Membaa

Don't confuse iBeacon networking technology with the clever VMob App and it's back-end data aggregator on MS Azure. VMob's App uses iBeacon networking for the proximity location of loyalty App customers. It's like saying a WiFi modem is comparable to a Phone Application when both are completely separate technologies but rely on each other as part of a bigger solution.

Some pretty misleading pseudo tech stuff being trolled out today. Must be getting frustrating not seeing the SP get low enough for a confident entry and day trade?

Membaa

If someone cared to actually read the VMob Blogs then they might understand the technology, how it works for retailers and customers, and why. I don't think anyone here is likely to be that easily misled.

Quote Originally Posted by robbo24 View Post
    Robbo's Top 5 - Things about VMob that aren't new: 1) Targeted advertising
    Targeted advertising up until recently has not used big data - just clunky CRM software, and shotgun marketing when surfing the net, both of which have very limited input fields.
    2) Vouchers
    Why re-invent the wheel? People love free stuff.
    3) Mobile phone app
    Mobile advertising is going through the roof and is only in the early stages of growth but already showing massive uptake. Or do you want them in your email or paper mail again, which you "99.99% ignore"?
    4) SAAS
    Neither are phones, the internet, food, your trolling etc. But how they are being used is changing at ever increasing rate while revenue is smartly following.
    5) Uses an internet server (probably always going to be Microsoft based)
    Again - why reinvent the wheel? Does microsoft - the company that put a computer (or 3) in every persons home and changed the way we live forever - not have any credibility?

In 2008!!! Now you are just being plain silly (not my first choice of words) - this was 7 years ago when big data tracking didn't really exist, apps where brand spanking new and people didn't understand them. Furthermore, it was only a TRIAL in 175 stores - but their product didn't cut it obviously and wasn't implemented. Vmob has already been tested in thousands of stores, with such brilliant results it is now being IMPLEMENTED WORLD WIDE as part of a 3 year contract. Sorry Robbo but your points are invalid and pure trolling.

Robbo = do you work for competition to VMob? Or has someone at VMob so offended you so much you now spend your life dissing them on a blog.

Whatever Vmob have it seems that McDonalds are happy to put their money where their mouth is and terminated other mobile app providers in favour of VMob. McDonalds were obviously impressed enough to think VMob has the X factor and agreed a global contract. Im sure the executive at McDonalds did their due diligence before signing up a global contract.

Now please just go away. You really have nothing constructive to add. It seems to me you are just an angry negative person who likes to troll around this site poking and hiding.
    Last edited by Monty; 14-04-2015 at 03:41 PM.

Furthermore, it was only a TRIAL in 175 stores - but their product didn't cut it obviously and wasn't implemented. Vmob has already been tested in thousands of stores, with such brilliant results it is now being IMPLEMENTED WORLD WIDE as part of a 3 year contract.
    The McDonald's Japan app had 16.5m downloads in Oct 2013. Big data existed in 2008, trust me, things haven't changed that much and VMob have not changed the world (as per the YouTube app uploaded in 2014 showing the app still in use).

VMob have put a clock [analytics software] into a radio [iBeacon] and sell them alongside the thousands of other clock radios. McDonalds seem to use lots of clock radios from many different sources. Even as late as December 2014, when they were apparently negotiating with VMob they were rolling out iBeacons and an App by Piper. Piper sold some McChicken and McNuggets. Wow.

You know absolutely nothing about the IMPLEMENTATION WORLD WIDE because VMob have not told you anything about it. You have absolutely no knowledge of the details of that supposed agreement. The market knows nothing. VMob have told you nothing.
    Last edited by robbo24; 14-04-2015 at 03:37 PM.

All of this sounds very similar to another out-of-the-box system McDonalds are already using: http://9to5mac.com/2014/12/18/mcdonalds-ibeacons/

The Apple iBeacon It even works on Android for McDonalds: http://www.forbes.com/sites/rogerkay...android-world/

McDonalds is also testing an app by a company called Piper that seems to do the exact same thing? https://gigaom.com/2014/12/18/hold-t...s-near-stores/ I particularly like this guy's comment at the end of this article:
    All of which WAS being TRIALLED - before Macdonalds signed the global contract with Vmob - the obvious winners.

Furthermore, the fly buys app is hocking thousands of companies products - as opposed to one that you already enjoy and regularly consume - so why not take the discount?

Try again Robbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Nice summary Ginger, I do get those very timely "mobile alerts do you get at present from a store just around the corner, offering you a tailored discount on that day" ... from my FlyBuys App ... oh yeah, that's a VMob app!
    Couldn't resist and downloaded the Flybuys app. Didn't know it existed

I'll give it a go but I doubt I will get any decent offers, probably only a flat battery.

Did read the ****ty review somebody gave it.