sharetrader
Page 99 of 689 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199599 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by robbo24 View Post
    For a price sensitive general announcement, which is apparently great news, it doesn't have all that much detail.

What are they providing to Microsoft? Shares? Revenue sharing? Anything? Further dillution for holders?
    I am probably naive but I read it as they aren't giving Microsoft anything, other than increased business.

It might flow though in a higher cost to use the Azure platform (much in the same way as when your lawyer takes you out for a nice dinner, you know you will be paying for it on your next invoice). Having said that, I dont think they could increase it too much or VML will start talks with Amazon or Google to see if their platform could do the same (transfer only once microsoft stops helping of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    With Microsoft weighing in, there in itself is an advantage XRO never had, or ever will have, getting ahead in the USA.

"Microsoft will provide VMob financial support along with the provision of extra staffing and additional resources to accelerate growth"
    So what is Microsoft getting out of this deal? The only organisations that get something for nothing are charities and I'm pretty sure VML isn't a charity. And I'm pretty sure that VML isn't a big enough Azure customer that Microsoft really cares whether they stay or go.

As far as I can tell, this is a pretty minor announcement dressed up with some big words.

For example, what does the following extract even mean?:
    "With VMob running natively in the Microsoft technology stack, the platform integrates seamlessly into the existing technology investments of Microsoft’s large base of enterprise clients. This gives the platform a clear advantage for these customers in delivering a quick implementation process without additional IT overhead."

Note, I'm asking a rhetorical question and don't need the phrase explained to me. It quite clearly means nothing.

It's kind of concerning that of late there seems to be selling into 2c regardless of what's happening.
    Regarding MS and takeovers etc. I don't think Microsoft have much of a hand in the e-advertising business.
    This market is huge (well over $100 billion US spent on it each year).

As I mentioned last night; Google acquired AdMob for $750 million. This is a HUGE money maker for them right now. When you see an ad in your smartphone, chances are it is served by AdMob.

Of note (those that read the Wiki article would have noticed) -- that Apple wanted to buy this company also, but were outbit by Google.

Now the 3rd tech giant is teaming closely with this related business vMob.

Draw your own conclusions (I am not so sure).

I do think that Microsoft would very much like to stick it to Google in the advertising market. but whether they see their relationship with vMob as a lead-in to doing that at all; I really don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeybycrikey View Post
    "With VMob running natively in the Microsoft technology stack, the platform integrates seamlessly into the existing technology investments of Microsoft’s large base of enterprise clients. This gives the platform a clear advantage for these customers in delivering a quick implementation process without additional IT overhead."
    It means: U CAN USE REMOT DESKTOP 2 C UR STATS N STUFF, WE USE WINDOWZ111!1!

Which means: We're using Microsoft (yay).

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    . Having said that, I dont think they could increase it too much or VML will start talks with Amazon or Google to see if their platform could do the same (transfer only once microsoft stops helping of course).
    Of course for commercial reasons the commercial details cannot be disclosed. Robbo would know this , but such is his negativity that he can't see the positive in any announcement. Instead we are subjected to his ongoing vendetta and negativity.

All contracts typically have confidentially clauses. The focus by the likes of Robbo is to dismiss everything that comes out of the VMoB stable no matter where it might lead. I can only see upside to this announcement today and look forward to more in the coming weeks. VMob continue to make announcements that build upon their vision, client base and revenue.

"Microsoft has agreed to contribute additional funding and resources to enhance VMob's sales, marketing and product development program and accelerate the company's growth and market expansion"

There's a piece of string, and string is very good! But we don't know how long it is, if it's only a millimeter then it's not worth mentioning. If it's a kilometer then we should 10x the share price instantly. HMMM.

Membaa

... But then again, I trade on charts - doesn't bother me.
    ... I sold out at 2.5 cents after buying near the bottom-out under 2 cents ...
    ... I would never said anything good about VML even though I held the stock for a while ...
    ... You are welcome to click "Ignore" and never see my posts again.
    Ah, finally some good advice, goodbye you're ignored.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by mikeybycrikey View Post
    So what is Microsoft getting out of this deal? The only organisations that get something for nothing are charities and I'm pretty sure VML isn't a charity. And I'm pretty sure that VML isn't a big enough Azure customer that Microsoft really cares whether they stay or go.

As far as I can tell, this is a pretty minor announcement dressed up with some big words.

Note, I'm asking a rhetorical question and don't need the phrase explained to me. It quite clearly means nothing.
    I'd agree that it doesn't talk in the language of an investor, perhaps another lesson for all tech companies, to stop using geek speak particularly for investor announcements.

What I think it means is that Microsoft have a great many large organisations worldwide that use their technology, Azure in this case, and their Customer Relationship Management system as well, and VMob's solution uses the same technologies which makes them easy to combine enabling rapid implementations into retail customers.

As for what's in it for Microsoft, I don't think it's about revenue from VMob per se, it is about Microsoft leveraging the VMob solution (which is the App and the Azure part) into Microsoft's customer base and new business in the retail sector, driving up revenue to Microsoft from those customers.

If Microsoft literally invested in VMob I suspect that you'll see that as an SSH, like why would they take a small position in a small company? Otherwise as I suspect, Microsoft simply put up capital and resources to drive an outcome more quickly at greater scale than VMob could do themselves, that accrues increases revenues to Microsoft first and foremost, and as a by product advantages VMob.

IMO

keep posting robbo; need to balance the spruikers.

Guru

It probably comes out of Microsofts marketing budget. If this was ever big enough to warrant a Microsoft press release, I bet the names you would see in bold would be Azure helping McDonalds, etc. They are trying to show the benefits of Azure to fortune 500 companies and if they have to give a charity case from NZ a bit of support, they will.