sharetrader
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Hey, maybe the CTU will fix everything. I had to laugh when I heard some rep of theirs on the radio claiming they will come up with the solution. She mentioned our manufacturing sector needs to copy Sweden. I've just arrived back from Sweden, 7.6% unemployment and the factories closing down with work going to Asia. What they do is mine their resources and have a vibrant weapons manufacturing industry. I'd like to see her sell that one to Russel "gimme my flag back" Norman.

Norman reckons all our main trading partners are printing money so NZ should start with 2 billion and distribute it -nice- of course Norman does not understand that the QE strategy is ANYTHING but printing money - rather its a swap of reserves for bonds increasing bank reserves

-NO increase in net financial assets-

...if there was, the US would already be plagued with inflationary/hyperinflationary pressures as a result and the USD would be pudding - so as Key says correctly, the Green QE idea -its a fool's paradise-

Kind Regards
    Last edited by ananda77; 08-10-2012 at 08:37 PM.

Guru

Norman publicly showing off his currency expertise against an ex currency trader......akin to a chimpanzee poking a stick at a sleeping tiger....Good on ya Dr Norman The NZ political scene has been boring of late ...looking forward to the show.....
    Last edited by Hoop; 09-10-2012 at 09:08 AM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ananda77 View Post
    Norman reckons all our main trading partners are printing money so NZ should start with 2 billion and distribute it -nice- of course Norman does not understand that the QE strategy is ANYTHING but printing money - rather its a swap of reserves for bonds increasing bank reserves

-NO increase in net financial assets-

...if there was, the US would already be plagued with inflationary/hyperinflationary pressures as a result and the USD would be pudding - so as Key says correctly, the Green QE idea -its a fool's paradise-

Kind Regards
    Stick around. The US willl certainly experience hyper inflation, might take a year or so.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Stick around. The US willl certainly experience hyper inflation, might take a year or so.
    A rather doomsday prophecy type of post there F P.

Definition of Hyperinflation (Wiki):... Economists usually follow Cagan’s description that hyperinflation occurs when the monthly inflation rate exceeds 50%

well something got to be done but I guess if you don't work in the export sectors ...it's not a problem..well if the NZD dollar continues to rise against the USD , EURO I can promise you it will....

like the "Tiwai smelter"
    -Workers at the Tiwai Point aluminium smelter were told today Meridian Energy had walked away from its electricity contract negotiations, a union boss said.

State electricity company Meridian had been under pressure to renegotiate an electricity supply deal with the cash-strapped smelter, which uses 15 percent of the country’s electricity each year.

Rio Tinto, which owns the smelter, had said it could close if it could not secure a cheaper electricity contract with the state-owned supplier.

---A higher NZD will for sure seal the deal and in the south cost thousands of jobs ,,,http://www.stuff.co.nz/southland-tim...-help-on-Tiwai

--personal I agree against helping the consumers of NZ over the exporters ,,,I don't know of the best way in doing this but just allowing the likes of the US to force there dollar downwards(USA latest idea print 40billion per month till it looks better + zero rates for as long as it takes) while we sit and watch how cheap LED T.V's are while we see exporters get crushed...
    Last edited by JBmurc; 09-10-2012 at 10:34 AM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    ...NO because in the same way the Fed can flood the market with trillions, they can starve the market of trillions -its all a matter of a key stroke- might take a year or so, that's what the dooms sayers are preaching since forever

Kind Regards

Quote Originally Posted by ananda77 View Post
    ...NO because in the same way the Fed can flood the market with trillions, they can starve the market of trillions-its all a matter of a key stroke-might take a year or so, that's what the dooms sayers are preaching since forever

Kind Regards
    the FED + US gov wants Inflation

pulling the money thats been created fast enough =the 1930's depression ...call in all the loans crush the banks,savings,sharemarkets , spending & jobs......... get out by once again by inflation thanks to WW2 spending ......
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    the FED + US gov wants Inflation

pulling the money thats been created fast enough =the 1930's depression ...call in all the loans crush the banks,savings,sharemarkets , spending & jobs......... get out by once again by inflation thanks to WW2 spending ......
    ...JBmurc, you also get it wrong - NO increase in net financial assets- since the start of the US QE program - QE is NOT printing Money - its a swap of reserves for bonds to increase reserves in the banking system

...the Greens plan however involves straight forward targeted money printing to lower the exchange rate as a result to help the NZ economy. The plan also involves targeted use to rebuilt CHCH and the Earthquake fund. Anyway, with a Reserve rate of 2.5%, this plan is plain nonsense

Kind Regards
    Last edited by ananda77; 09-10-2012 at 11:43 AM.

Guru

Hmmm
    Some balance is needed....

Many in the world don't like inflationary pressures and devaluing currencies ....OK...let the US Treasury stop printing ...increase their US$ value and let the biggest economy in the world go in reverse and have deflation instead......The deflation scenario of a major economy back in 1930's didn't work out too well globally did it?