sharetrader
Page 56 of 76 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Subway View Post
    If thats the case then they would have been better off not listing in the first place.

Theres an element of mystery around brewery sales and how much market share they actually have, and how much they end up selling for.

I feel like the big boys don't want a public buy out and all the transparency that entails when they aren't buying something hugely successful. We still don't know exactly how much panhead and tuatara sold for, just rumours
    Tuatara and Panhead are knowns......

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12062805

Indeed, easier to take something over private. In Tuatara's case, they said $16.5m for the brand and $12.8m for goodwill - so doesn't leave much for anything else!

Just think Moa's brand is strong enough, or attractive enough for any of the large breweries.

MOA update - China, New Products, Growth and New Venue

Looks like they are trying to give the SP a bit of a push,before the share purchase plan

Guru

Good marketing plan.I wonder what it tastes like
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/106...22+August+2018

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    Good marketing plan.I wonder what it tastes like
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/106...22+August+2018
    The velvet won't have any effect once you boil the crap out of it.....

Guru

I'll just leave this here........ Double click on it to increase size.

(Since discovered an oldie - but a goodie)

Attachment 9971
    Last edited by Sideshow Bob; 20-09-2018 at 05:27 PM.

Handsome Member

Lol classic

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    I'll just leave this here........ Double click on it to increase size.

(Since discovered an oldie - but a goodie)

Attachment 9971
    Brilliant...………………………..

I feel like yesterdays announcement was intended to soften the disappointing results announcement. (will be near nil growth YOY without Parrotdog in the mix)

Following the momo

From the announcement:

5. On Premise........"Sells growth of 35%", seems good if your a shareholder.

As mentioned previously I regularly visit Moa (one of the locals to which they refer) and have seen a few changes over the years, most of which are positive.

Over the last month there has been a distinct change though:

First of all head office has changed the management structure for the Jackson's road brewery and Cellar door, which is causing irritation to the already understaffed Cellar door (2 staff to cover all 7 days), and
    last week saw another price increase of 25% for a glass of Moa (was $8 now $10 for tourists - 380 ml), locals get a discounted price. The price only increased to $8 in 2016 from the $6 previous.

Now head office may think this is a great idea, but it's a little short sighted. You should be paying less at the cellar door to sample the product, not viaduct prices! Especially as the facilities out at Moa are less than any other drinking establishment in Marlborough. An independently owned food van that's only open a few days a week (and not if it's raining like last Friday), and toilets that can be matched by any local car mechanic workshop.

I find it hard recommend Moa now to any friends or family visiting as there are better options (like the Dobson St beer garden where a 500ml Renaissance still costs $9).

This action makes me speculate that they must be in the final stages of squeezing as much cash flow out of the business to 'pretty up the books' to woo a possible suitor.

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by McGinty View Post
    From the announcement:

I find it hard recommend Moa now to any friends or family visiting as there are better options (like the Dobson St beer garden where a 500ml Renaissance still costs $9).
    Got zero good things to say about MOA as an investment. Past Present or future.

But .... the Dobson St beer garden is AWESOME. That place is a must visit when in Blenheim (if you`re a beer guy or a German.) Love that place. Was actually there last Friday on that rainy day you speak of. ... go the pork knuckle.
    Last edited by Maverick; 14-11-2018 at 03:36 PM.