sharetrader
Page 68 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869707172 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

16.2c

Yet another Name change coming up.

Mower.

They have given so many shareholders a haircut, to keep Ross & Smith in the lifestyle to which they have become accustomed.

Next name change after that?

SICKLE !!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    16.2c

Yet another Name change coming up.

Mower.

They have given so many shareholders a haircut, to keep Ross & Smith in the lifestyle to which they have become accustomed.

Next name change after that?

SICKLE !!
    Mota Moa !

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Ten View Post
    Article came across a little woke... pretty easy to cast aspersions on the company's historical marketing campaigns when benchmarking it against today's higher social-justice standards.

Aside from that, I thought it completely missed the real cause of the decline, being, the beer was crap and Geoff Ross was the wrong guy to lead a craft beer business. The more stubborn he was, the more money he spent and the less people bought.
    Really? I thought it articulated the flawed business model quite accurately. End of the day, MOA was on a mission to sell itself to DB or Lion. They focused on the high volume, low margin six pack range which is dominated by DB, Lion & boundary road. They weren’t able to build out their brewery so we’re forced to rely on contract brewing most of their product, which further put themselves in a disadvantage to their competitors in that price bracket. They then spent a large amount each year on marketing, where as most craft breweries use cheaper grass roots/social media type advertising. I dunno if the term ‘woke’ makes a lot of sense in this context, but that said Geoff took on the Moa brand in 2011. Their branding efforts were ridiculed then and undoubtedly contributed to alienating a lot of possible customers from 2011 onwards. To be fair though, Moa was never a craft beer brand from 2011 onwards and the author is writing from a craft beer industry perspective. Just saying the beer is crap and that’s why they failed fundamentally missed the point. After all plenty of mass produced beer is successfully marketed and sold profitably in NZ every year.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by huxley View Post
    Really? I thought it articulated the flawed business model quite accurately. End of the day, MOA was on a mission to sell itself to DB or Lion. They focused on the high volume, low margin six pack range which is dominated by DB, Lion & boundary road. They weren’t able to build out their brewery so we’re forced to rely on contract brewing most of their product, which further put themselves in a disadvantage to their competitors in that price bracket. They then spent a large amount each year on marketing, where as most craft breweries use cheaper grass roots/social media type advertising. I dunno if the term ‘woke’ makes a lot of sense in this context, but that said Geoff took on the Moa brand in 2011. Their branding efforts were ridiculed then and undoubtedly contributed to alienating a lot of possible customers from 2011 onwards. To be fair though, Moa was never a craft beer brand from 2011 onwards and the author is writing from a craft beer industry perspective. Just saying the beer is crap and that’s why they failed fundamentally missed the point. After all plenty of mass produced beer is successfully marketed and sold profitably in NZ every year.
    IMO this company is another example of following the success gods et al Mr Handley re Snakk, both in my view were disasters, be aware be very aware !

Advanced Member

I'm with you Huxley, well said.

I was never a shareholder in this co, but still feel outrage at the contempt that many directors treat their investors.

In my professional capacity I rubbed shoulders with many such types, and know how they think.

It amazes me how many people are prepared to forgive & forget, or even become apologists for such types.

Time they a'woke'.

Advanced Member

To put another perspective on this, if a criminal shoplifts a few dozen Moa from the bottle store, and are processed by the law, they will get a fine, or PD.
    If they break into the premises after hours, and steal a pallet of Moa, they will get jail.

If Mssrs Ross, Smith & Co effectively rob the shareholders of many millions, they seem to get "oh well, hard luck, try harder next time boys" from some quarters.

Advanced Member

To put another perspective on this, if a criminal shoplifts a few dozen Moa from the bottle store, and are processed by the law, they will get a fine, or PD.
    If they break into the premises after hours, and steal a pallet of Moa, they will get jail.

If Mssrs Ross, Smith & Co effectively rob the shareholders of many millions, they seem to get "oh well, hard luck, try harder next time boys" from some quarters.

Do any of you peoples know what happened to the shareholders and any recompense , now this Moa has been sold on or out .

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Do any of you peoples know what happened to the shareholders and any recompense , now this Moa has been sold on or out .
    Shareholders continue to hold shares in the remaining profitable and growing business - Savor Group Ltd.

Interesting times ahead imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Shareholders continue to hold shares in the remaining profitable and growing business - Savor Group Ltd.

Interesting times ahead imo.

They purchased some pretty decent restaurants today, I've visited at least one of them most of the times I've been in Auckland recently. Really hope they don't blow it this time, and pleased to see Mr. 42Below taking a back seat on the next roll of the dice