sharetrader
Page 49 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast
    Banned

I'm mostly at airports on my way to a holiday and it doesn't matter what time of day it is if i'm with a certain group of people they would think nothing of paying $22. Hell I remember getting a $27 glass of chardonnay bought by someone else, at 11am, because it was HOLIDAY TIME YAY!!!

Can someone shed some light on a question. I brought Moa shares last year and also when they did the rights issue in Oct. I have since sold off the shares I originally purchased but am stuck with the non renounceable shares. Is there anyway to offload these?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Clints View Post
    Can someone shed some light on a question. I brought Moa shares last year and also when they did the rights issue in Oct. I have since sold off the shares I originally purchased but am stuck with the non renounceable shares. Is there anyway to offload these?
    Thanks
    They are now ordinary shares -.Same as any other MOA shares - just put an order in to sell them.

Not worth as much as when you bought them in the rights issue they.
    Last edited by winner69; 07-08-2017 at 11:49 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11906474

When in doubt; make up stuff and complain that no one is playing fair with you. Pitiful stuff, Mr Ross.

If you set up a bar and along comes someone who says look, we like your concept, we might chip in for taps, fridges and do you a great deal on kegs and bottles and let's be realistic most of what you will actually sell will be in a green bottle and have a green bottle cap and be one of two or three variants so that will help your cost of sales and gross margin an awful lot.

In addition they may be looking at making a contribution to your fitout in return for pourage rights, signage and some exclusivity on ranging then some owners will happily sign up. There will be some that won't - that's the call of the owner and each to their own.

Realistically, Moa is never going to the main keg pour or the main bottle beer in most bars. Crying about how the playing field isn't level isn't going to change it.

42 Below got on the pour rail of bars by working through the angle of the hospitality team to convince bar staff to advocate or recommend trialling the stuff. The margins on pouring vodka are high enough that it doesn't matter which is poured and you can commit to as little as a bottle each time or you can switch back as most folk traditionally don't ask for vodka by brand.

Moa isn't positioned in the same way - the bigger brewers will provide enough support for a lot of bars to keep pourage and for the ones who won't commit, Moa currently isn't seen as part of the craft market or have enough brand to make it the first beer brand that comes to mind - the reason that Air NZ doesn't serve it in the Koru Lounge any more is that not enough people wanted it...

Advanced Member

I see Parrotdog have taken their distribution back in house ...MOA have plenty of time now to concentrate on their own sales......

Geoff Ross speaking in Auckland on Nov 15
    Details here:
    https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showth...467#post691467
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

Gross profit is up on this interim, but so is net loss.

Are they paying people to drink their beer?

Mainly contributing to the loss is marketing costs up 400k. So nothing to worry too much. As they move the costs from second half to first half.

china there utopia?
    one step ahead of the herd