sharetrader
Page 2 of 76 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Always wanted to know the etiquette when to open doors and all that stuff ,,, but hard to keep your eyes off the chick on the grey horse .... OMG she putting herself in danger riding like ... could have at least put a hard hat on in case she fell off in her excitment

Veteran novice

I won't be in for this float either but still wish the company success. Goodness knows, the NZX needs more listings and a bit of excitement never goes amiss!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    I won't be in for this float either but still wish the company success. Goodness knows, the NZX needs more listings and a bit of excitement never goes amiss!
    Agree completely.

We need more companies on the NZX.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    Page 115 gets to the nitty gritty. $2.4m revenue. $2.8m EBITDA loss.

A document search for the word "earnings" shows the document is a bit thin on this.

Page 11 has some useful statements too. "Moa Group is forecasting a pro forma net loss after tax of $3.5 million in FY13 and a loss of $2.5 million in FY14 and is forecasting to have $2.9 million in cash at 31 March 2014 (on the basis of total gross proceeds of $15 million and no oversubscriptions). Moa Group’s current intention is to continue to apply funds in order to grow its business. Funding of this continued growth is intended to be achieved through funds raised from this Offer and other sources considered prudent at the time. There is a risk Moa Group’s growth plans may be unsuccessful or require higher levels of expenditure than forecast. Should Moa Group not be able to secure additional funding when required,
    it may need to slow its growth investment and endeavour to move its activities towards generating profits earlier than anticipated. "

We also see on page 107 that in 2014, revenue is forecast at just under $5m. Even in 2 years time, this company is still going to be tiny - and unprofitable.

Now, this is a startup, and there are some clever people involved. But the buying of beer is discretionary and substitutional on a number of levels. You can buy other boutique beer, other mainstream beers, or other forms of alcohol, or none at all. People swap out of brands for all sorts of reasons and occasions.

I wanted this listing to succeed, and so when I found out about the listing, I thought I would go to the liquor store in Matakana, which is listed on the Moa website, and pick up some of their beer to try. The liquor store told me "Oh - the distributor has changed, we don't stock this anymore". Clearly they make a nice beer, but distribution is notso hotso, even on the outskirts of Auckland. And if a place like Matakana (where they like boutique produce) isn't enthusiastic.....

I'm not investing. Good luck, and cheers to those who pick some shares up.
    Also look at the capacity of the current brewery and think how much is it going to cost to expand the current facility to allow for some growth.....

From Brian Gaynor

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=10840164

I found this article excellent reading, appreciating the comparisons of companies but was staggered at the mention of the rich Robinson family, RAK.

Like others, I wish MOA well, but will watch from the sidelines.
    Last edited by karen1; 13-10-2012 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by karen1 View Post
    From Brian Gaynor

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=10840164

I found this article excellent reading, appreciating the comparisons of companies but was staggered at the mention of the rich Robinson family, RAK.

Like others, I wish MOA well, but will watch from the sidelines.
    Was 42 Below a fluke?

Is Ecoya a wonder company which is going to find a buyer (sucker?) like Bacardi paid up for 42 Below? Bear in mind that 42 Below happened during the go-go M&A mad era when alcohol companies were going crazy paying top prices for just about everything. Lion Nathan and Fosters are still nursing the destruction of wealth from paying crazy prices for wine companies.

When you have answered for yourself the two questions above, make your decision.

BTW - Geoff Ross has created more value for NZ and in the end for investors than Allan Hawkins, Eric Watson, Colin Reynolds, Bruce Judge etc put together ever did.

There are 17 comments so far, none appear to be supporting the float

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Was 42 Below a fluke?

BTW - Geoff Ross has created more value for NZ and in the end for investors than Allan Hawkins, Eric Watson, Colin Reynolds, Bruce Judge etc put together ever did.
    So far. The problem with that comparison is that certain of those names were WAY out in front, part way through their story.

The problem with these "promotional" types and their associated companies is it really hard to know what you're dealing with and how they will react when things go really wrong.

As you say, 42 Below was sold at the peak of the boom.

It is a little early to be adding up the wealth created by Geoff Ross and comparing it to history - the 1986 numbers by some of those names would have been mighty impressive.
    ----
    Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
    ----

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by waikare View Post
    There are 17 comments so far, none appear to be supporting the float
    If I had a bigger portfolio, I would throw a few grand in. But I already have a few spec stocks so dont want to go overboard, incl 3 from Brian Gaynors article.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Anyone who has ever thought about starting a business (or better still, started one) knows how risky and tough it can be.

It's not just the $$$ you have to put in that's at risk, it's also all the time you put into thinking, planning, strategizing and then, executing.

How do you really measure those $$$ and the time put in?

That's really what the Moa IPO is about.