sharetrader
Page 67 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768697071 ... LastLast

Geoff Ross, Chairman, said: “The commitment of our shareholders to Moa Brewing since listing in 2012 has been unwavering. We were able to be a true disrupter in the market, and the Board continue to be proud of the position that Moa holds in the craft beer sector.”

Translation: “Thanks for all your support and money, I’ve used it to finance a pretty excellent lifestyle these past eight years. The board and I look forward to the next capital raise and hope you participate fully. Bye for now.”

Advanced Member

I nominate him as a new director for NTL.

He will fit in well over there, may even win a gold medal for his ale/ling.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    I nominate him as a new director for NTL.

He will fit in well over there, may even win a gold medal for his ale/ling.

Seconded my friend -- digging deep holes; a tad of exploration without the light on,
    seeing what fools are lurking & a bit of shafting might be the bees knees .. all well
    remunerated off course ..

Not to mention helping to blow large fluffy bubbles on the next world beating already
    dug & discovered deep hole, rumoured at drop of a hat to hold untold riches laying within
    that every other earlier poor unfortunate digger just happened to mysteriously miss finding ..

If it went to plan then everyone on these forums may be able to each buy their very own
    brewery, still have a large amount of change left over and be able to retire overnight ..

but who knows .. what are the chances of all that in the land of extinct birds, a brewery
    and deep hole or two underground, where many might wonder if 'some losing their
    way' might be more the reality that all three may or may not have in common ..
    Last edited by nztx; 19-02-2021 at 03:40 PM. Reason: add more

I never drunk the beer, but if it was bad, and sales reflected that, if Ross & co are as switched on as they like to be thought of, they would have recognised that, and changed the brew, long ago.

A brewery can produce any ale.

I would say their dream was to be bought out like their original vodka business, didnt happen, so drag the shareholders down instead.
    Largely agree with you Getty! They did start producing some more drinkable beer and selling it a better price point for patrons to boost sales volumes but a lot of their craft offering was poorish quality and too expensive all the way though or more saleable but very low/nil margin. I dodged a bullet with MOA as I was going to invest a moderate amount early in the piece. I went to Marlborough to talk with the producers and try a fair range of the product and brought a lot more home to taste later and get further opinions on. Result was I changed my mind about investing - the product just wasn't up to the standard of many competitors. The slick and expensive marketing and getting bought out plan didn't work like it did with 42 Below.

Quote Originally Posted by glennj View Post
    Largely agree with you Getty! They did start producing some more drinkable beer and selling it a better price point for patrons to boost sales volumes but a lot of their craft offering was poorish quality and too expensive all the way though or more saleable but very low/nil margin. I dodged a bullet with MOA as I was going to invest a moderate amount early in the piece. I went to Marlborough to talk with the producers and try a fair range of the product and brought a lot more home to taste later and get further opinions on. Result was I changed my mind about investing - the product just wasn't up to the standard of many competitors. The slick and expensive marketing and getting bought out plan didn't work like it did with 42 Below.
    Firstly, let's say good on Ross & Baker for trying - NZ need people like them.

I suspect that many who are in Moa are investors who have made money from 42 Below and Trilogy - so case of giving back some of the past gains.

Now, it's a case of looking at what is Savor and figuring out whether it is a business and company worth investing in.

Restaurants & bars?

What is Savor real strategic advantage of being in this sector? Hard to think of any myself.

Hard to get excited about when one considers how Wilson Neill & Good Spirits Hospitality have burnt shareholders' wealth over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by huxley View Post
    Geoff Ross, Chairman, said: “The commitment of our shareholders to Moa Brewing since listing in 2012 has been unwavering. We were able to be a true disrupter in the market, and the Board continue to be proud of the position that Moa holds in the craft beer sector.”

Translation: “Thanks for all your support and money, I’ve used it to finance a pretty excellent lifestyle these past eight years. The board and I look forward to the next capital raise and hope you participate fully. Bye for now.”
    His statement is pretty grandiose. I don't know if brewing **** beer and failing to turn a profit in that can be described as disruptive. I also note that their marketing was very tasteless and sexist..at least in the early days. Big concern for me if this guy is still at the helm of this...

Advanced Member

If the market were not very impressed with Mr Ross's brewing skills, they are even less impressed with his bar management skills.

17.5c, and dropping quicker than the head on a flat ale.

Legend

If the market were not very impressed with Mr Ross's brewing skills, they are even less impressed with his bar management skills.

17.5c, and dropping quicker than the head on a flat ale.
    Do you blame them ? .. What's a MOA with no MOA ? ;-)

Possibly may be akin to selling the Crystal Jewells in eyes of many ..

Quote Originally Posted by huxley View Post
    Article came across a little woke... pretty easy to cast aspersions on the company's historical marketing campaigns when benchmarking it against today's higher social-justice standards.

Aside from that, I thought it completely missed the real cause of the decline, being, the beer was crap and Geoff Ross was the wrong guy to lead a craft beer business. The more stubborn he was, the more money he spent and the less people bought.