sharetrader
Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

CJ this cat will be taking a good look at the prospectous Made good money out of 42Below would not even look at Ecoya but yet it has done fairly well & they seem to be going well in rescuing Dorchestor. So in my opinion well worth a look. The Mill liquor chain seems to be doing well selling different Beers & other alcoholic drinks so I think there is a market out there for different beers. But the Greymouth one did not get off the ground. But seemed to be limited to one brand & style. This from what I make of it so far is many labels & styles. Would be even more interested if I could drink it. But Alcohol is a definite No No with the medication I am taking. Anybody tasted any of there Beers? Opinions on taste would be much appreciated.
    Possum The Cat

At the end of the day beer is beer,personally I tend to buy on price.Corona was my favourite tipple,but the price has gone up and I simply look at others cheaper now.
    I think it is about the brand and the marketing,Geoff Ross is all about marketing.
    The brand is a kiwi icon in the making, purely because it is unique to NZ.eg Tui and speights(very well marketed products,with a very big kiwi mind hold).
    Geoff Ross hasn't put a foot wrong yet,his timing is right.
    But for value,I think that depends how you look at it.

I Won't buy yet.

Veteran novice

Yes, I'm sure that it's all about branding and marketing. I don't drink a lot of beer but I rarely try one that I don't like! It's a matter of developing a cult following amongst the young - I'm pretty confident that Geoff Ross and his team are up to that. After that, it becomes a question of whether Lion or DB move first to swalllow them up; when that happens and at what price. A sort of market development laboratory for the big brewers.

I think the problem is the cost of the product. I went to buy some drinks last night at a supemarket and thought I would try a Moa. At just under $10 for a 375ml bottle, you are looking at $100 -$120 a dozen pending on the type. What are they going to charge in a nice bar? Macduffy you mentioned about developing a cult following amongs the young. They won't be able to afford it in NZ. Oh by the way, I got a dozen Kingfisher for $19.99.

Skydog is that the brewerys Fault or the Supermarkets. With supermarkets it usually the story about who is paying the biggest Kick Back
    Possum The Cat

Quote Originally Posted by POSSUM THE CAT View Post
    Skydog is that the brewerys Fault or the Supermarkets. With supermarkets it usually the story about who is paying the biggest Kick Back
    Moa fault ...they recently said they had listened to their customers and agreed prices were too high and said they would reduce prices a bit ....doubt whether sky dog will ever be a fan of moa

Little beer quarter has pints pale ale for about 10 bucks

Advanced Member

skydog.. You have to be joking.. " At just under $10 for a 375ml bottle, ".. I find this very hard to believe ..

How much had you consumed before you entered this Supermarket ??

From the Moa website dated June

These days it’s all about doing more with less – bang for buck and the like. So, Moa is releasing a leaner and cheaper packaging range.

From June, the Moa Estate range (Moa Methode, Moa Blanc, Moa Noir and Moa Pale Ale) sports a fancy new look 4-pack and more than 30% off the price – $18.99 RRP down from $27.99.

“The new price point makes great, homegrown Kiwi craft beer even more accessible for the discerning beer hunter,” says Moa General Manager Gareth Hughes.

“We had some feedback from the market that the price of a Moa Estate 4 pack was too high, so we have taken that on board and made the necessary changes to address that. Our cost of goods has been sliced, our retailers have the opportunity to upsell from single bottle sales to 4 packs and the punters get the same super premium product at a better price. It what they call a win win win.”

The new packaging features a redesigned 330ml bottle, down from its 375ml predecessor and a slight drop in alcohol content (5.5% to 5%) to sidestep the looming excise tax hike.

Hughes says the changes make Moa a more streamlined and competitive exporter – a big plus given recent US expansion.

“Things such as glass savings, lighter pallet weights and less cardboard all play a big part in the export game. Naturally, such a big price drop is a positive for both Kiwi and US consumers,” he says.

The RRP on Moa Estate 12 packs will also drop from $6.99 per bottle to $4.99 and Moa Reserve 12 packs from $8.49 to $6.99.

Come August, Moa favourites Moa Original & Weka Cider also get a new look ‘carry carton’ package style.

Advanced Member

Thanks winner.. Confirmation.. No interest.. Heard the man on radio today espousing " The Cloudy Bay of Beer "..

No further comment...