sharetrader
Page 34 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

https://www.nzx.com/companies/MOA/announcements/257816
    https://www.nzx.com/companies/MOA/announcements/257815

Moa reckon they are well positioned.

Don't follow this but seems pretty respectable result. Had thought the growth at a cost of price but GP has actually incr from about 13 to 20% and they are hoping for improvement as changes kick in.

https://www.nzx.com/companies/MOA/announcements/257815

A lot of baloney in the PR release.

Oh well, market must truly and fully realise now that these guys cannot walk on water - maybe on frozen Moa beers one of these days?

Banned

GLOSSY PICTURE FRONT PAGE

"BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH..."

"Oh wait, this part might be important to include guys!"

"...Although the bottom line loss of $3.2 million mirrors the comparable period last year, the company is in quite different shape to what it was then..."

When a company scripts a media release with no mention of profits/losses and buries it in page 4 of announcement in a single line, you stay well away from said company...

Quote Originally Posted by BFG View Post
    GLOSSY PICTURE FRONT PAGE

"BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH..."

"Oh wait, this part might be important to include guys!"

"...Although the bottom line loss of $3.2 million mirrors the comparable period last year, the company is in quite different shape to what it was then..."

When a company scripts a media release with no mention of profits/losses and buries it in page 4 of announcement in a single line, you stay well away from said company...
    Anything analysis wise to add here mate? Personally I think your prior prejudices may be clouding your read of things...?

Pretty hard to get excited about a company that says revenue growth will be the key and then goes on to say that the craft beer market is very small compared to the mainstream beer sales. Hard to get a line on their market actually giving them sustainable growth for the long term even if they capture a huge chunk of market share

Quote Originally Posted by benjitara View Post
    Pretty hard to get excited about a company that says revenue growth will be the key and then goes on to say that the craft beer market is very small compared to the mainstream beer sales. Hard to get a line on their market actually giving them sustainable growth for the long term even if they capture a huge chunk of market share
    Cheers. I'm not in, don't know if there is money to be made in craft brewing or not. Somehow doubt it works as a standalone thing without having the economies of mainstream production?

But credit where due I say. They don't have mainstream ambitions, but the Craft market is certainly growing and they have done well against the others within that. I know there is baggage with Moa, but this is not an overly glossy report as suggested - and I think it deserves a read , rather than a quick derisive knock.

I think Holders should be happy with it
    Last edited by psychic; 19-11-2014 at 11:54 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by psychic View Post
    Anything analysis wise to add here mate? Personally I think your prior prejudices may be clouding your read of things...?
    I'm not going to waste my time on a company that just gives investors the run around. My judgement is well founded.

In that case, what he said:

Quote Originally Posted by BFG View Post
    I'm not going to waste my time on a company that just gives investors the run around. My judgement is well founded.

In that case, what he said:
    Just spouting off then eh? All good.

Growth for growth's sake is the operating philosophy of a cancer cell - ultimately it kills the host body.

What Moa has shown in the last half year is that it is costing more to increase sales - hardly a recipe for future profitability.

The line which gets me though is this : "We are an early stage company" to justify the problems they have had to date. The IPO certainly was not priced as an early stage company!
    Last edited by Balance; 20-11-2014 at 08:00 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    The line which gets me though is this : "We are an early stage company" to justify the problems they have had to date. The IPO certainly was not priced as an early stage company!
    The IPO was priced to build a new brewery. They've blown through that cash and all they have is a rejected consent.