sharetrader
Page 38 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by benjitara View Post
    Ok but another capital raising looks likely. Cash burn too high and lets remember that their primary focus is to capture a higher level of a limited nz market. share price fully price and some more at the moment in my reckoning.
    yea capital raising next yr for sure but at a higher share price than the last one
    one step ahead of the herd

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

Overall: Can't see myself investing until they get more cash in the bank and improve their supply line and look close to breaking even.

Pro
    -They are producing significantly better margins and reduced cash burn by a very good amount.
    -Possible improvement with NZ and AUS summer coming to improve demand and sales.

Con:
    -Cash burn was still 1.9 million this half and still a high amount.
    -Impending capital raising due to less than enough cash flow for next 6 months.
    -Limited market to be increasing sales in. I heard their sales reps were a pain to deal with and not too happy with product availability in supermarkets.

Handsome Member

They will need another capital raising and they still haven't really got the Moa brand out there.
    Their limited edition beers are hard to find. They post emails and Facebook pics of them but don't stock them in supermarkets or all liquor stores. They kind of need a small pub in Auckland that will stock all their beers so customers can taste them.
    Their pricing has def become more competitive in the supermarkets though.

Veteran novice

I don't drink a lot of beer these days - wine for me, thanks - but it seems to me that Moa have been overtaken by a host of new craft/niche brands that continually hit the market - plus the homebrew revival that some of my younger friends and relations play around with. What do you reckon, LAC?

Handsome Member

There's wayyyyyy too many craft beers on offer at the moment and people (like myself) who enjoy a good craft tend to try as many types as possible. The issue that Moa have is that most places don't stock their stuff - craft beer places that is. Went to fine wine in Lunn Ave today to get some stuff off tap and just have a quick browse around, the only Moa stuff stocked there was the Original and Session Pale Ale - both of which is stocked in Countdown/Pak and Save....where are all the good award winning ones by Moa?
    They really need a Moa specific store/bar/pub that customers can get their hand on these.
    Just my opinion I guess......

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    There's wayyyyyy too many craft beers on offer at the moment and people (like myself) who enjoy a good craft tend to try as many types as possible. The issue that Moa have is that most places don't stock their stuff - craft beer places that is. Went to fine wine in Lunn Ave today to get some stuff off tap and just have a quick browse around, the only Moa stuff stocked there was the Original and Session Pale Ale - both of which is stocked in Countdown/Pak and Save....where are all the good award winning ones by Moa?
    They really need a Moa specific store/bar/pub that customers can get their hand on these.
    Just my opinion I guess......
    Anyone want to join the Renaissance beer club please contact Harvey Specter or myself - we get some of their delicious beer for signing you up .....
    Last edited by Crackity; 27-11-2015 at 04:26 PM.

Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...t-beer-sponsor

Scott's rational for this sponsorship is twee, "The Moa drinker is someone who is particularly proud of our country's backyard and is active within it." More like: The Moa drinker is someone who pays someone else to mow their own backyard and whose Missus worries about their burgeoning craft beer gut and generally inactive lifestyle.

Advanced Member

Good call - what marketing speak rubbish!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hectorplains View Post
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...t-beer-sponsor

Scott's rational for this sponsorship is twee, "The Moa drinker is someone who is particularly proud of our country's backyard and is active within it." More like: The Moa drinker is someone who pays someone else to mow their own backyard and whose Missus worries about their burgeoning craft beer gut and generally inactive lifestyle.

Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Good call - what marketing speak rubbish!
    and the market responds with a 15% sp rise today. This stock seems to bounce on ANY news.