sharetrader
Page 39 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hectorplains View Post
    and the market responds with a 15% sp rise today. This stock seems to bounce on ANY news.
    The office boys are watching every thing with desperation :-)))

Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

Up to 70c today and on fair volume. They've had a good run. Can't see what's driving it though? Only news of late is the release of a NZ Pale Ale in 10 pack cans (it's an ordinary beer too boot.)

Handsome Member

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/234358.pdf

Operating costs is now looking better.

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/234358.pdf

Operating costs is now looking better.
    Yep, op costs are looking better . Most impressive though is the selective use of stats in this press release.

I'm struggling with how Boundary Road, Macs or Montieths could be considered 'craft' beer?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hectorplains View Post
    Yep, op costs are looking better . Most impressive though is the selective use of stats in this press release.

I'm struggling with how Boundary Road, Macs or Montieths could be considered 'craft' beer?
    This is more like the sort of growth you would want .... and imo a better craft beer ......

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...loitte-Fast-50

Handsome Member

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    This is more like the sort of growth you would want .... and imo a better craft beer ......

Thats incredible but it would be better to know what the growth means, do you have more info? They could have sold 1 can the first year and 7 the next year. I know its a stupid example but most of the great craft beers arent selling in huge volume. I love craft beer and rarely do I buy Moa because they just arent crafty enough imo. They are priced along the Stella and I purchase it for that purpose, bulk buy "crafty" beer. But for a good craft I would get a bottle or two from the local bottleshop. I have drank Garage Project beer and they are ok, that is why I say it would be nice to get the actual figures or how much in terms of litres the growth was.

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Default Last Man Standing

Beer's a funny thing. It goes in phases, different things are fashionable at different times. Craft beer is having a boom at the moment.

The big boys will take their share of it by buying up some of the craft brewers (Macs, Emerson), or setting up their own (Monteiths).

Some of the craft brewers have listed (Moa, Renaissance), and one or two more may do so.

Then the boom will fade, and who will be left?

I am picking Moa will be one of the few, supplying a "good beer" market which has been much expanded by the craft beer boom.

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post

garage project beers are awesome. they have an unbelievable range which must affect margins, but assume they have onsite canning

Shame my favourite beer Panhead have sold out to Lion - that'll stuff it in spite of Lion's assurances they won't interfere

Suppose nobody really wants to buy Moa (the company)?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Shame my favourite beer Panhead have sold out to Lion - that'll stuff it in spite of Lion's assurances they won't interfere

Suppose nobody really wants to buy Moa (the company)?
    Yikes, outrage from the socks and sandals craft brigade - smeared all over Stuff comments. Love Panhead's Stout and Apa.

Moa seems to be heavily discounting at the mo. No luck yet trying to stitch some bunny up with a takeover.