sharetrader
Page 4 of 76 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Guru

Never tasted it, but at that money, I'd rather buy some cheaper imported beer....

Guru

I remember the day when everything Eric Waston touched turned to gold. Hopefully Geoff wont suffer the same state.

I am in Ecoya in a small way. Their candle business didn't inspire me that much but now they have Trilogy, I think the two fit well together (shared distribution, marketing etc).

Re Moa, I think the growth required is to great (what is their break even point).

Interesting that Brian G didn't include BurgerFuel in his table. A similar IPO (NZAX though) and based on 42Below/Moa style advertising. It sunk to some very deep lows but now seems to have things on track. Very illiquid though.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Never tasted it, but at that money, I'd rather buy some cheaper imported beer....

Obviously not the target market sideshow

Give Ross et al their dues .... they stick to their guns about a PREMIUM offering .... jeez that distilled alcohol with some feijoa in it was expensive ..... and a lot of people just love the $35/$40 nice smelling candles ..... and no doubt many love this beer which is priced above msot over brands

Just like that naked chick astride a white stallion sells candles so will the cool dudes and short skirted long legged chicks in the prospectus sell Moa .... a different class of punter than what you see Sunday morning in Courtenay Place i must say

Advanced Member

No further comment ..

Janner, I was sober. The selection of these craft beers is now huge. Seems like every man and his dog is giving it a go. I did also notice many of the other beers are a 500ml bottle at about the same price. I just think kiwi craft beers might think too highly of themselves and try to price accordinaly.Each to their own tastes and budget. A good website for beers / pricing is www.beercellar.co.nz

Default Speculation

I speculate that the unstated aim of this enterprise is to build sufficient market share to annoy their major Japanese or Dutch competitors and provoke one of them into making a takeover bid.

Boop boop de do

Marilyn

Speights, the pride of Tokyo.
    Morton Coutts friend of the working man, ja rechts.

I expect you lot all still drink cask wine then?
    If I am not for myself, then who will be for me? And if I am only for myself, what am I? And if not now, when?

This might interest others for comparison pricing. http://www.themill.co.nz/
    Possum The Cat

"Craft brewer a likely takeover target"

Seems like Christchurch Press business columnist Chalkie and I are of the same mind about Moa being a potential takeover target by either one of our Japanese or Dutch major brewers.

According to Chalkie the brewer from Tokyo has just completed the takeover of a minor brewer across the ditch.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/opin...akeover-target

Boop boop de do

Marilyn

As a female beer drinking share investor, the slightly sexist prospectus (even if it is tongue in cheek) isn't really doing it for me. Bought shares in Ecoya when they were well below IPO price. Might wait for a year down the track and see where Moa is it.