sharetrader
Page 12 of 76 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    .....only good for TA analysts and traders from now on.
    Rubbish...not enough liquidity with MOA..12M available is miles too low for traders under normal conditions...TA indicators don't function well under low liquidity so the TA analysts don't bother investing in low cap type stocks.

Only during rare opportunities with an extreme situation (high enough liquidity) would the risk is lowered enough to have a quick dabble in these small cap shares .... This rare opportunity presented itself yesterday.

Will this extreme situation happen again with MOA?...maybe but I normally don't touch low liquid stocks because TA analysis is far too unreliable....adding to this is the high risk of having to take a big haircut to sell out if the stock when there are no buyers around.

I would assume most traders and TA would've had their radar focusing in a different direction and would've missed this action yesterday...It was just pure chance I spotted it online in the NZ herald before opening and took advantage of it....
    Last edited by Hoop; 14-08-2013 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred114 View Post
    Milford said they sold some yesterday....still at 0.2% of their fund overall....
    Rounding error.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    This one is going to go down further over the next few weeks I think. I have done no research but to me such a big miss on your first major target is not going to sit well with investors. Revenues static or as predicted with a fall in profit I can live with. But revenues down by 30% from target in a growth company does not bode well. I sincerely hope Farmer Hamilton sold his stake sometime yesterday.

Still in there Blackcap ... ( less than 3% of stake I have in SML so not really that serious ). I've been looking at getting into Moa for a while and had a lazy order in GTC at 115 ... didn't even see the downgrade until after 10.00am yesterday so I got filled on my order at 89c . There may be a lesson in there.

Did see the bad result from SKC this a.m. and bought some at $3.89 ( must be something about .89 for me eh ? ) I like buying good stocks on bad news and holding ... Moa is more of a punt but at 89c and with only $5k at stake I will give the company a chance to turn things round and the benefit of the doubt ... for now.

Guru

A better bet for boutique beer fans:

http://www.nzbizbuysell.co.nz/29353/...e-christchurch

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    A better bet for boutique beer fans:

http://www.nzbizbuysell.co.nz/29353/...e-christchurch
    Is that MOA ?

Advanced Member

Sorry guys/gals.. A Boutique Brewery ???.. And all on here really wish to make a killing in the market if they are being honest with themselves....

Boutique brewers come and go.. This one has gone in my opinion unless it can increase it's customers..

Nothing to do with distribution.. Nothing to do with " Management "..

CUSTOMERS.......

Far to expensive for my taste..

There are so many tasty BEERs out there ... Cheaper..

Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post
    Sorry guys/gals.. A Boutique Brewery ???.. And all on here really wish to make a killing in the market if they are being honest with themselves....

Boutique brewers come and go.. This one has gone in my opinion unless it can increase it's customers..

Nothing to do with distribution.. Nothing to do with " Management "..

CUSTOMERS.......

Far to expensive for my taste..

There are so many tasty BEERs out there ... Cheaper..
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=10912970

70% of sales in NZ - so the 30% downgrade means that sales in NZ is actually 43% down on forecast.

Moa blaming the distributor is not a good thing - it will now have to develop its own channel, and that is an expensive proposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=10912970

70% of sales in NZ - so the 30% downgrade means that sales in NZ is actually 43% down on forecast.

Moa blaming the distributor is not a good thing - it will now have to develop its own channel, and that is an expensive proposition.
    Holy moly - that's nearly 60,000 cases short ... how many bottles in a case?

So is the moral of this never believe numbers in a prospectus .... esp one with cool looking women in them and slick looking guys in it ..... least they left the naked woman on the horse out

Disappointing result all round for MOA, I think you will find that the Brand has a very loyal shareholder base that initially has meant the price hasn't dropped to what it could of/should of.

MOA itself is a fine tasting brew, very much a beer from what I have discovered through months of drinking and recommending is most appreciated by big beer drinkers. It is a very strong taste that doesn't appeal to the standard, casual NZ lager drinker.

In regards to the alcohol beverage market, in all honesty I personally dont think taste has little to do with sales, more or less it is 80% down to marketing. Tui is by no way a fine tasting beer however has been brilliantly marketed over the years resulting in the increase of brand recognition and then sales. Shareholders generally put faith in the golden touch of Geoff Ross and his marketing ability which unfortuantely hasn't come to fruition yet. Is this because they have spent too much time marketing the beer overseas and taking the NZ market for granted a tad. I can't remember ever seeing much MOA advertising via the various marketing mediums here in NZ yet I here of numerous large events overseas - i.e. The Pirate Bar in San Francisco for the America's Cup. Have they taken a gamble on making their name overseas at the expense of NZ and thus far hasn't paid off?? Time will tell.....

Good tasting beer at a fair price that isn't executing marketing plans well here in NZ. Not the end of the line yet, but should have been a signal earlier in the year when their marketing manager resigned.....

My thoughts anyway.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Heffner View Post
    MOA itself is a fine tasting brew, very much a beer from what I have discovered through months of drinking and recommending is most appreciated by big beer drinkers. It is a very strong taste that doesn't appeal to the standard, casual NZ lager drinker.
    isnt part of the idea of being a "craft beer drinker" is that you aren't loyal to one brand but sample the full variety that is available, maybe even try to match to food like those uneducated wine snobs etc?