sharetrader
Page 25 of 76 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast
    Corporate

The problem with MOA is that it just isn't that nice (for the price). Tuatara on the otherhand...that is a different story!

Quote Originally Posted by arnies View Post
    No they aren't heads & shoulders above NZ beers. I think thats why their low-margin beers like the $22 one you tried failed in NZ.
    I actually see them moving slightly away from their self imposed 'super-premium' brand in NZ and grabbing market share with their cheaper-to-brew Original and Sessionable Pale Ale that you might have seen popping up in supermarkets.
    I think we'll see a shift with a higher percentage of the premium beers being exported, at least until their new brewery gets built.
    Yeah I am paying the imported prices, but my friends tells me the price is even higher in Vietnam....

Quote Originally Posted by arnies View Post
    No they aren't heads & shoulders above NZ beers. I think thats why their low-margin beers like the $22 one you tried failed in NZ.
    I actually see them moving slightly away from their self imposed 'super-premium' brand in NZ and grabbing market share with their cheaper-to-brew Original and Sessionable Pale Ale that you might have seen popping up in supermarkets.
    I think we'll see a shift with a higher percentage of the premium beers being exported, at least until their new brewery gets built.
    Their expensive single bottle beers are high margin, but low volume. Their 12 packs are VERY low margin, but high(er) volume.

Quote Originally Posted by Corporate View Post
    The problem with MOA is that it just isn't that nice (for the price). Tuatara on the otherhand...that is a different story!
    Precisely.

Wonder what price their capital raising will be at in a year or two?

Quote Originally Posted by Corporate View Post
    Agree!
    I've tasted most of their range & it's generally disappointing. Too high in alcohol in some cases leaving the taste balance wrong IMO.
    Was going to invest in the IPO but changed my mind after some research.

Well I liked the 99 not out.

In any case, most successful beer companies make rubbish beer. I'd be more interested in the stock when they make a profit.

I own a shares in ckl.ax (kfc). I don't particularly like their products, but that does not mean I can't make money on the shares.
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

Belg the research involved buying over $200 of product, a trip to Marlborough to have a look at the brewery & attend a question and answer session. Guess it was fun but it would have been more so if I'd loved the product.

noodles I agree with you that it is possible to make money on companies who sell products you don't particularly like. With Moa it was more than me not particularly liking the product; I wasn't convinced by their business plan either.

Wow. Someone with 50k worth of shares wants OUT. Have we had any news on the RMA application for the new brewery??

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11238786

Not all beer and skittles in the alcohol business as one ex 42 Below shareholder finds out.

600,000 bottles a year and they cannot make money?

Guru

Want to invest in a small brewer but don't like MOA - this one is planning on crowd funding:

http://www.crowdfundinsider.com/2014...g-new-zealand/
    Last edited by Harvey Specter; 19-04-2014 at 12:19 PM.

Can one of you accountants please explain how a company can fail to include 'marketing and sales costs' under cost of sales?