sharetrader
Page 52 of 76 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by steveb View Post
    I see David poole has backed the trailer up again this time over 400K at an average of .53.Wonder if he is still buying? Should be an interesting day?
    https://www.nbr.co.nz/article/update...rally-b-191556

Not the first time.

Hope this time he gets it right.

I am keeping an eye on MOA as a trading update was promised to be released this month.

Interested to see if they have generated the sales that they expected to reach their forecast of achieving positive cash flow months during this FY. If so, this will finally be a turning point.

I have been digging a bit further into the last few years and note the heavy seasonality of sales results:

($M) apologies for the formatting:

-------------2015 2016 2017 2018
    April-Sept 2.46 3.33 3.74 4.55
    Oct-March 3.54 4.87 6.46
    Total----- 6.00 8.20 10.20

Looking at this trend, the sales target for the last 6 months should be around $8-8.5m. If they have achieved this, along with maintaining margin of 30%, they may have finally achieved break even point during this period and should have achieved positive cash flow.

I note that advertising spend was heavily weighted for the first half of the FY for the Lions tour and Americas Cup. This appears to have been culled back over the last 6 months, so I expect expenses to have dropped during the second half of the year too.

Achieving break even point would be a significant milestone and would lay the foundations for a profitable 2019.
    Last edited by Peitro; 12-03-2018 at 01:49 PM.

Pulled the trigger and purchased today.

I was waiting for the summer trading update, but have a certain degree of confidence this will be a positive announcement and will be a landmark result.

It has been a long hot summer and beer sales across the board have been good this year. 6 months sales should top the $8m and deliver upon the positive cashflow promise.

Also Moa's premium range has really impressed me of late (Hop Swap, Perris Sky Juice, Chocolate Milk Stout and South Pacific IPA)
    Last edited by Peitro; 20-03-2018 at 02:53 PM.

In that case you may want to head along to their Auckland HQ this Friday & Sat. for the "Fill You Boot - mega Moa cellar door sale"

discounts on all stock, end of line export runs, damaged packaging

(this post also works as an in for the cynical amongst us, go on, I know you want to....)

Following the momo

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Monkey View Post
    In that case you may want to head along to their Auckland HQ this Friday & Sat. for the "Fill You Boot - mega Moa cellar door sale"

discounts on all stock, end of line export runs, damaged packaging

(this post also works as an in for the cynical amongst us, go on, I know you want to....)
    I usually head to Moa's cellar door weekly to sample excellent craft beer, we had that sale down here a few weeks ago so the leftovers must have made it up to Auckland now :-)

It has been the busiest Summer season at the cellar door out of the last 4 that I've been down here, Unsure if that will add much to the company's bottom line though.

Love drinking the beer, but it still has a huge amount of work to do before I would even consider it as an investment.

I picked some up at 28c a couple years back, then sold a large chunk for 88c, so worked alright for me. Happy to hold a few and see what happens. Paid for a few packs of cider if nothing else, so no complaints from me.

With the Bakery Boys getting out of Trilogy it will be interesting to see where they go with this one.

Picked up some Parrotdog instead. Better to go with the stronger brand if you’re going to go with the speculative industry

"Late March" summer trading update, effectively due out today. Hopefully above the $8m mark in revenue.

Guru

I'm actually half-pie (https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...erm=half%20pie) surprised that they are still going.

As a semi-regular craft beer drinker, I simply don't consider the stuff, and only once ever seen my mates drinking it. Export the main target?

Surely their end game was to be cleaned up by the big boys at a large premium? Maybe they've had their fill for the moment after Emersons, Panhead, Tuatara etc...