sharetrader
Page 6 of 76 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Brian is a big supporter of these early stage listings from what I understand. [edit: and without support from the likes of him, this IPO would never have gone ahead. Business Bakery would have been sounding out these types of firms for a while.]

Win some... Lose some.. :-))

Advanced Member

Not for me !!..

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

OK, so it's Delegats and Terravitae for them then. They can learn to like wine.

Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post
    Brian is a big supporter of these early stage listings from what I understand. [edit: and without support from the likes of him, this IPO would never have gone ahead. Business Bakery would have been sounding out these types of firms for a while.]

Win some... Lose some.. :-))
    Brian Gaynor and Milford used to have the magic touch - anything they bought, the market followed and pushed the share price up - giving Milford lovely gains on their fund, and investors very happy.

With the deep decline of Ecoya, the drop of Moa and BFW in recent times but the rise and rise of Diligent (Diligent being the stock which gave Milford its superlative returns but which Milford has been reducing) - one guesses the market will be more wary in future.

Everything ultimately comes back to fundamentals.

I don't expect too much from MOA until their new brewery is up and running and then it will be the job for the sales team to get out and actually sell the beer in great volume.

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    I'm surprised the SP hasn't fallen well under $1 yet what with many years ahead with nothing but red on the balance sheet. Me thinks your kids would like you a lot more if you bought SNK and it turned out to do an XRO style hike over the next couple of years. Each to their own though I guess!
    Moosie, the idea is to access the "shareholder offer" if there is one.

This means a very small holding, with the benefit coming in the access to discounted product - the shares are essentially discount vouchers.

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    looks like were going to see another bfw chart form. as the initial enthusiasm wears off, shorter term teaders will sell out for less and less on lighter volume as loss stacks up. this was never a buy-in from the get go, best to let it bottom and wait for the uptrend to form in a year or 3.
    Thats if the big boys dont snapp them up soon.
    BB

It was a very hyped up IPO, a lot of advertisement etc I can understand how some who thought "owning a brewery" would be better than this and sell out. I suppose its just taking the nervous ones out of the framework!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dej View Post
    It was a very hyped up IPO, a lot of advertisement etc I can understand how some who thought "owning a brewery" would be better than this and sell out. I suppose its just taking the nervous ones out of the framework!
    Personally I think the overhyped IPO focused on the 'owning a brewery' rather than financial return so a stagnant shareprice should have been expected. At least until the new facility was built and they proved they could increase sales volumes.

Anyone who went into this for short term gain was mistaken - I assumed everyone bought in expecting a voucher for free beer with every annual report <- bragging rights for the summer BBQ.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Guru

Tuatara has just received backing to enable them to go from 1m Litres to 4.5m litres : http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...uatara-Brewery

I am not sure how Rangatira reports its different divisions but if it does break it out, this will be interesting to watch going forward to see how it compares to MOA's progress.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk